• 583 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8003 Players Online
  • 7420 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Auto-Claim Daily Rewards

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Infui, May 13, 2020.

?

Should Auto-Claim be added?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hello,

I think that there should be an auto-claim daily rewards system, because if you forget to go to Carl The Creeper and claim your daily reward, your streak will reset.

It should be when a player joins, they are notified that they have earned their daily reward, and how much shards, xp., and gems they earned from the reward.

Posted May 13, 2020
    CrazyOfTim, VoidNnja, Alycat and 3 others like this.
  2. Heyo!

I like this idea. But the thing with this is that then there would be no point for a streak. The streaks are there for people that care about the rewards system and want to get daily items. If there was an automated system then the streaks would be useless because then everyone else would also have a streak. Sorry but it's a +0 from me. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 13, 2020
    VoidNnja, Xukuwu and Infui like this.
  3. I'm totally against this idea. Sorry, but the point of a streak is that you do it by youself and if it's automaticaly claimed it's the same thing as just getting rewards for free.

Posted May 13, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN, JAKE/// and Infui like this.
  4. I'm against this Idea, the point of streaks would be gone.
    -1 but good effort!

Posted May 13, 2020
    Infui likes this.
  5. -1 some people (like me) claim the reward at a certain time to keep my streak (i think I'm at 450 rn), so autoclaim would mess it up if i logged in during the morning hours, plus it isn't that hard to walk over to carl

Posted May 13, 2020
    Infui and Xukuwu like this.
  6. Thanks for your opinions guys! Although, maybe there could be a notification to claim your reward in chat or something similar to that. Personally, I don't forget to claim my daily rewards, I think that this add-on could remind new players or players that don't play on Mineplex that often. So maybe not auto-claim if it is dis-favored, but a notification?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 13, 2020
  7. I think if this were to be implemented, the streak wouldn’t count unless you manually went up to claim it.

Posted May 13, 2020
    VoidNnja, Infui and PROSTONE like this.
  8. Hey there!
    I think that this definitely has a very creative approach to it, and makes sense in terms of implementing an easier-to-use sort of system. In my opinion, I'm very 50/50 on where this idea stands. For one, I think having an easier way to claim rewards would certainly be very useful and fun to have, making daily rewards come very easy. However, I also disagree with this idea on the grounds that carl the creeper's use would surely decrease significantly. I find that with the implementation on this, voting and other features would be even less visited. This idea also sort of brings into question the idea of streaks, as others have mentioned above. The streak system effectively brings in to play the idea of whether or not players should recieve daily rewards as automatically. Although logging in surely serves a purpose, I think that players should visit Carl. We wouldn't really want to undermine and begin to use Carl less. [​IMG]

Posted May 13, 2020
    Infui and PROSTONE like this.
  9. -1 Carl is used to advertise different things like the discord, youtube, and polls. Having auto claim would make Carl useless and we wouldn't be able to advertise different platforms. If someone is concerned enough about their daily reward streak to want this, I don't think it'd be too difficult for them to remember to claim it. Plus Carl already reminds you that you have rewards waiting if you're in the lobby long enough.

Posted May 13, 2020
    Pakar, Worthi, Pyu[Cinia] and 5 others like this.
  10. Yeah auto-claim daily rewards wouldn't give "streaks" a purpose. In the end you would just get your daily reward everyday without going up to Carl. Carl would be deemed useless and like xVanessa stated, "I don't think it'd be too difficult for them to remember to claim it." Basically saying that if you want the daily reward you should at least attempt to remember to get it everyday.

Posted May 14, 2020
    Infui likes this.
  11. What I'm trying to say is that this would be great for new players or players who are returning to Mineplex after a very long period of time, like if they do not know if daily rewards exist. I still think that the voting system should belong to Carl, because if the voting system wasn't there, that would just make Carl almost useless. But thanks for replying! :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2020
  12. Yea, this is basically what I thought as an alternate idea, a notification is a great way to remind someone to claim their reward in my opinion.

OP OP
  13. There're already Carl messages in the chat, so why would you need another notif?

Posted May 14, 2020
  14. Some people play in F1, where they don't read chat, they also may not be able to see the message. The message could say in big bold letters, and fills up the screen: Welcome to the Mineplex community! Don't forget to claim your Daily Reward at Carl the Creeper! Not in the chat, but whenever you join the server and have an unclaimed daily reward.

OP OP
  15. If you play in F1 that's more of a personal issue of being weird. Plus, that huge message will get annoying, seeing it once a day.

Posted May 14, 2020
  16. Well then if it will be "annoying to people" than it could be restricted to people that are new, also, there could be a new /prefs section just for the message, you can enable or disable it.

OP OP
  17. That's just getting too complex for what it should be. You see Carl, you see that you have rewards to claim. Simple. Also, what would define a new player? Someone joining the server for the first time?

Posted May 14, 2020
  18. A new player would be someone who joins Mineplex for the first time, or joins back after a year. Also, it doesn't have to be too complex, all I'm saying is that you could disable seeing the message if it annoys you or if you just don't prefer it.

OP OP
  19. I agree with your idea. Sometimes I forgot to claim daily rewards...

Posted May 14, 2020
    Infui likes this.
  20. Nah, I feel like that is not really necessary. However, I do think that there should be a chat message reminding you to claim it when you log on.

Posted May 14, 2020
    FluteVegetables, chrvssy and Infui like this.