• 2139 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4718 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Base Point

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by xGetRektedx, Dec 9, 2019.

?

Do you think this should be implemented?

1. Absolutely!

100.0%
  2. No. (Please explain why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey, so this is my idea for a game, I hope you like it! The idea is to bring more players to Mineplex by creating this game because it is unique and it is not that similar to other games.
    Kits: Fighter (Leather helmet and chestplate and iron sword), Archer (Leather helmet, chestplate, bow with arrows that are generated every 7 seconds, and iron sword), and Builder (Leather helmet, chestplate, iron sword, and clay blocks) *NOTE: There will be a brick generator and shop, to buy bricks, weapons, and armor. The more points you have captured, the better materials you can buy (kind of like emerald points)*
    Teams: Gray, Cyan, Orange, and Magenta (the teams armor and block color will depend on their team color)
    Setup: Each team will have their own island with one beacon in the center. The size of the map will be about the size of a CakeWars map.
    Objective: Capture the other team’s points (beacons). First team to capture all the teams beacons wins.
    Time: The length of a CakeWars game.
    Version: Bedrock
    IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE THIS IDEA PLEASE COMMENT IT DOWN BELOW* Thank you for reading this!

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 10, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  2. Alright, so at first glance this seems like a pretty nice game. Not sure if you mean it for Bedrock, Java, or both, but here's what I think.

First, do you get anything besides your kit, like an item shop to buy a sword or something like that? With only an iron sword for the fighter, bow and arrows for archer, and builder with blocks, builder, in my opinion, is highly underpowered. Since there is a block generator, what's the use of having a builder kit anyways, if they don't even have something special on their own?

Second, fighter seems a bit overpowered. If you can't buy items from a shop, then how will a builder or an archer even stand a chance against a fighter? Yes, they can bow spam or just build with their blocks, but when we're talking about melee fight, this is too overpowered.

Third, you mentioned that archer has a "bow with infinite arrows". Infinite arrows does seem very overpowered, as you can shoot off players from the bridges they are building, and it will be hard for them to capture a beacon. The infinite arrows needs to be nerfed and replaced with something such as "receives arrow every _ seconds" instead of an infinity bow.

Fourth, if a team captures all the beacons, is there any way for them to "uncapture" it? For example, the emerald points on Cake Wars can be "uncaptured" and "recaptured". If I was playing this game, I could imagine each team with 2 beacons that are guarded, and it will result in a stalemate if the beacons couldn't be uncaptured and recaptured by another team.

Fifth, are all the kits free, or do they cost gems to buy? Which kit will be the free kit, and how much will the others cost? Or, are they all free and you can pick?

Lastly, if a team's beacon is captured, do the players on the team automatically just die? In a sense, this is like Cake Wars, but instead of your beacon being captured, it's your cake being eaten. Do players have to be killed by opponents after their beacon is captured?

Sorry if half of what I said didn't apply to your description with the game, I had a vague sense of it when I was reading through the description but it could be more detailed to really tell the players what exactly will happen. Adding things such as the proper description for kits, whether you can capture and uncapture the beacons, and other details would help others understand this game better. It does seem to be decently similar to cake wars, but unique in it's own way.

There are certain things that I would definitely suggest tweaking to this new game idea before it can truly be discussed and debated upon whether it should be added or not. I like the idea, but you could definitely add more description and the specifics, such as price of the kits, whether they cost gems or not, etc.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  3. @ScarletBlood37 basically said everything I was going to say, but I've a couple more things to add:

How long will the game last? Will it have the length of CW or a Mixed Arcade game? Also, consider the size of the map.

Grey, Cyan, Orange, Magenta. Why did you pick these colours? Are there grey, cyan, orange and magenta clay blocks for the builders?

Will the block generate produce clay, something stronger than clay or something weaker than clay? Are you able to upgrade the generator, to receive Cobwebs, for example?

And of course, for every new game: How will this bring new players to Mineplex, instead of splitting the playerbase?

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 and xGetRektedx like this.
  4. Heyo!
    So first off, this game really sounds like MB (Micro Battle) apart from the team colours and beacons etc...
    But I like the track on which you are thinking and I believe that if we put some more brains into it, it would be a good game, but I can't think of any good ideas for the game so yeah, that's all I can say!
    Ta Ta,
    Gardevoir

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  5. All right, I’m currently working on the requested changes!
    --- Post updated ---
    I choose these colors because they are unique and stand out from other teams in games such as MicroBattles and CakeWars.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2019
  6. Heyo! So, I think this is a great idea! I love the idea, it's creative and unique as you stated. I do not have anything to add, except for +1

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  7. Hello,

I think this is a nice idea as you've been creative and you've put a lot of thought into this idea. As stated above, many people have said that it sounds like Micro Battle but it could possibly act like an update to MB?

I hope this gets added, +1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    FoxCatcher and xGetRektedx like this.
  8. Heyo!

I think this is a bit like cake wars. The kits are the same as cake wars too and the island size and time and also the generator. I don't think this game is that unique also it doesn't look like you put that much effort into it and it barely has any detail. What can you buy from the shops? it could get boring in my opinion because the only thing that happens technically is the other teams take your beacon and also how do people get eliminated? As @ScarletBlood37 said archer kit having infinite arrows is way too op. also picking those color teams to make it less like other games doesn't change the fact that this game is kind of like other games. the objective isn't of course but the overall features of the game are. its also like a miniature simplified version of capture the flag, cake wars and micro battle.
    Overall this isn't that unique and too much like other games so ill be giving this a -1

Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  9. I have to strongly disagree with this. I think this game is very unique and thought out. I do not think this game is that similar to any other game. I have to give this a +1 and hope to see this as a game someday!
    Happy Suggesting,
    DejectedBot

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  10. Hey, Rekt!
    I have to say, the idea of the game is pretty well thought out. I think it would be a good addition to Mineplex. Maybe you should add kit costs and achievements to your game? Overall, it seems like a pretty decent game and I think it could potentially be fun and draw players to Mineplex. Plus, it seems pretty original.

Keep up the good work, buddy,
    -Bloody

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  11. Hm, this seems like an interesting idea. I think it could work. Perhaps this game could even bring more players to Mineplex. I see no reason why people would be against it. You also have no "no" votes, so seemingly everyone likes it. It's new and original and I'd love to play it! I'l rate this a +1.

Posted Dec 14, 2019