• 2079 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10517 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Battle Royale

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Killer_2020, Oct 6, 2018.

?

Would you play Mineplex battle royale?

1. Yes, sure

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, boring

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hello there,
    Today I decide to post this idea here, my suggestion is have an battle-royale game in mineplex
    How you all probaly know BR or battle royale is the game mode the most grows in the world (Fortnite, PUBG, and others), a months ago Fortnite have trispassed Minecraft in player number and in content made (youtube, twitch...) so nothing nore fair than having a BR mode in mineplex.

Why?
    In my opnion would be atractive to have a battle royale, minigame in mineplex, would atract new players, would add new customization options, and add a diverse community, being honest most of people leave minecraft because they didn't have fun here, this could just bring some people back

Where?
    Java edition

What would this be?
    People fall from sky in any desired map place (like bus in fortnite, airplane in PUBG...), there is an safe zone, where after sometime everyone must be inside. People collect weapons, materials, from the ground, or in fortnite case breaking things, in this game mode, the last one standing wins

Requirements:
    There must be a good Anti-cheat system for increase community experience, letting it funnier and enjoyable.
    There must be 100 players to play, in mineplex case I would recommend 50 players to start
    *optional* For attracting players I would recommend putting more costumization you can use unlockable by playing time and less that you have to buy, that make players to play more to unlock more things
    I would recommend an ranking system only for this game mode, for better up the experience

Have a good day,
    Killer_2020

Posted Oct 6, 2018
    xiggie likes this.
  2. Id like this to be on bedrock! Great idea my dude ;P

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  3. This is a fantastic idea but theres just one issue. Players. Mineplex is averaging about 300 players (Java edition) and with half those players just hanging out in lobbies, and then a ton just camp grinding on SSM, I think it'd a little impossible to be able to find a match for a Battle Royale. Survival games take long enough and that's only 16 players. Great idea, but just not possible to create.

P.S. The servers anti cheat is trash so everybody would just hack lmao. And they aren't going to update there anti cheat, this server never has updates that solve anything. They just keep ruining stuff like taking out games that are fun.

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  4. Um... does no one else remember that Battle Royale is already a game? Just not in the rotation.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  5. We actually already have a battle royale game that was implemented for the 4th of July event a couple of years ago. It has some issues but still works. It's great for events like that but I don't think it'll do well as a stand-alone game.

Posted Oct 6, 2018
    IHackedJake, xiggie and Chrris like this.
  6. this is a great idea, but this would never happen, because Mineplex only has one forum to say that it cares about the opinions of others, however much a Mod or Mr.Mod responds positively they will not change nothing, then it's easier to ask God to go back to old Mini-games, just so Mineplex will have more players and go back to being as before.

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  7. As Battle Royale games are very popular right now, this would be a very interesting gamemode to add to Mineplex. However, as it was addressed above, this game is better for events. Personally, I feel as though it would lack a consistent playerbase. It's a really cool idea that people would enjoy for a short period of time, but then again, many players would just prefer to play games specifically designed for battle royale modes as opposed to a minigame implemented in Minecraft.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Killer_2020 likes this.
  8. Hello there,
    Modifying a bit the idea up there, what if we add BR to Nano-Games?

Have a nice day,
    Killer_2020

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 8, 2018
  9. We had a Battle Royale gamemode two years ago for the 4th of July. It was really fun and I personally enjoyed it, but it wasn't very well done and was really only popular due to being exclusive. Right now we really don't have enough people to keep up with a high player game such as that. That's part of the reason games like UHC and Castle Siege were removed. Plus, why would people play a Minecraft version of battle royale when there are real battle royales that are free to play such as Fortnite?

Posted Oct 8, 2018
  10. Regarding this, while the idea seems interesting and all, how would this be implemented so it doesn’t take very long? A normal battle royale game can take an average of at least 10 minutes. Maybe if you find a way to make it shorter, it could be a possibility?

Regarding the OP, I think it would be pretty interesting in theory, however... I hate to reiterate what others have said, but the concurrent player base wouldn’t be able to handle such an intense mode as a battle royale game would need. I used to go to events a lot more, but they do play the battle royale game every so often, so try and look out for it! I always had fun, I’m sure you will.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  11. Like @xPossum said, the gamemode was popular only because it was exclusive. If we implemented this as a permanent game, I feel as though it'd die down quickly like Gem Hunters did. Plus each Battle Royale game takes on average 15 minutes or more.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  12. Why do people play Minestrike when CS:GO is cheap? Majority of MS players have the original game.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  13. I think despite the fact that Battle Royale would be a fun game, there are the two issues with it. The player base is at a point where it'd almost be like Castle Seige, it just wouldn't work regarding that. The second issue is that this game would get boring really quickly. Players would be all excited at first for playing the game, but it'd soon die down as it's quite repetitive, difficult to code, and difficult to start.

So with all that said I thank you for making the idea, although I just don't think it will work here on MP.​

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  14. I like the idea. But as you know Mineplex's players base (sadly) is not that good atm. I do think that Battle Royale would be a good idea as Mineplex does need some new games to attract more people, but as @Oscaros_ stated, it might get repetitive. It would be fun if there were different maps, different things to do like guns & cars? Who knows? I would love this game to be added for sure, and new games like this would (hopefully) increase Mineplex player base!

Posted Oct 29, 2018
  15. Very well, Greetings

we already have a battle royale game.
    Its just named differently, Surrivial Games
    You dont spawn in the air but you collect your gear and theres a wall that makes the battleground shorter with time.
    You can battle people and there even exist a team version to it

Posted Oct 29, 2018
  16. There's a Battle Royale game already.
    S' called Survival Games.

Regardless, I'd like the idea of parachuting (or Elytra-ing) down from the sky, but really, the game is JUST Survival Games.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  17. At the admin QnA, t3hero said Mineplex would not make Battle Royale a permanent game on Mineplex due to that game mode being unpopular on other servers. Battle Royale might return for a short time at 4th of July, and sometimes you can play battle royale at events.

Posted Nov 6, 2018