• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5099 Players Online
  • 5099 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Battlers & Builders Update (08/30/20)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by gyroninja, Aug 30, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Hello everyone, this is my second update and I would like to highlight 3 main things that happened. First, we added 34 new maps. There are 17 new maps for Skywars and 17 new maps for Speed Builders. Speed Builders also got a feature I saw requested on the forums a couple times which is that it will now keep track of a personal best time for each build. You can now try and compete against yourself to see if you can lower your person best time when a build comes up again. The final thing that I would like to highlight is changes to knockback. Knockback has been made much more consistent. This means that a fist and a diamond sword will now do the same amount of knockback. There was also a bug in that under certain conditions players would take considerably less knockback than they should have. I am excited to hear your feedback in regards to knockback and if it needs to be further fine tuned. Hopefully, there was something in this update that appealed to you whether you be a battler or a builder.

General Changes:
    • Improved knockback by getting rid of the damage curve for knockback
    • Adjusted the knockback that knockback and punch enchantments do
    • Added extra knockback when sprinting and attacking someone
    • Attacking someone while sprinting will now break your sprint
    • Fixed an issue causing certain players to take less knockback then they should
    • Added /z as an alias to /party like the Java server
    • Added /sv as an alias to /server to be like the Java server
    • Added a /discord command to view information for our Discord server (Click Here)
    • Removed /msg from /commands
    • Removed message about party chat from /party
    • Added Discord information button to Carl the creeper
    • Added "Next Game" and "Return to Hub" items in the spectator mode hotbar
    • Added a short delay after dying before the spectate/next-game/hub menu opens
    Hub:
    • Added holograms above the game npcs advertising new update information
    • Removed double space in a non ranked player's profile between their level and their name
    Block Hunt:
    • Fixed an issue where you could not solidify after falling off a block
    • Fix falling block entities being spawned for solid hiders when they enter a hunter's render distance
    • Allow disguising as animals by right clicking them
    • Hider's bows now have power 2 instead of sharpness 2
    Cake Wars:
    • Fixed an issue where the cake eaten message would show up more than once
    • Fixed bug where you could not eat other team's cakes while shifting
    Master Builders:
    • Fixed the name of blocks when using /ground
    • Fixed an issue with /ground not copying data values of the block you are holding
    • Fixed certain item, not blocks, being able to be used for the ground
    • Fixed an issue where players could glitch out of there build location with enderpearls
    • Fixed liquids not flowing properly
    • Fixed pistons not extending and retracting properly
    • Changed the color of "Built by" from black to white at the end of the game
    • Fixed an issue where players could select items as blocks with /ground
    Skywars:
    • Added Enderpearls to the Skywars loot pool
    • Made chest holograms in Skywars have a range of 20 blocks (previously infinite)
    Speed Builders:
    • Added personal best system to keep track of your fastest build time for each build
    • Added a stopwatch feature in the action bar to see how many seconds you take as your building
    • Your build time is now displayed when you get a perfect build (whether a record or not)
    • Made red beds the default bed color instead of white
    • Fixed an issue where you could not shift right click to place blocks on things such as chests or hoppers
    • Fixed an issue where a build would not be considered perfect if you finished by placing an entity
    • Removed "Wishing Fountain" Build due to lag & water mechanics issues
    • Fixed an issue where users could attack entities after they completed a perfect build
    Turf Wars:
    • Fixed message in Turf Wars when placing blocks on the other team's turf using the wrong team name
    • Decreased Turf Wars knockback interval to 0.5 seconds (for all intents and purposes, basically increased TW knockback)
    • Changed infiltrator slowness to cap at level 5 instead of level 201
    • Fixed an issue where infiltrators on the blue team would get permanent slowness
    Boss Bars:
    • Added support for boss bars server wide
    • Added a boss bar in Turf Wars, revamped points styling
    • Removed toolbar statistics entirely, converted to Boss Bar statistics in Creative Housing
    • Added Time Left to the boss bar in Dragons
    • Added Time Left to the boss bar in Skywars
    • Added Time Left to the boss bar in Speed Builders
    • Added Time Left to the boss bar in Master Builders
    • Added Time Left to the boss bar in Block Hunt
    • Added Hiders/Hunters to the boss bar in Block Hunt

Posted Aug 30, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 31, 2020
  2. [​IMG]

THE GRIND NEVER STOPS​

Posted Aug 30, 2020
    Young_Inventor, nathan., GAM and 5 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]

The long awaited knockback fix :O​

Posted Aug 30, 2020
  4. I like this

Posted Aug 30, 2020
    Starx280, GAM and Fallen like this.
  5. I’m very, very excited about this update. There are so many great things that got changed, but I will say that what i’m most excited for are those maps. Im so happy they finally went out after waiting there for a while. THANK YOU GYRO <3

Posted Aug 30, 2020
  6. Carry

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Susie, Starx280, Paiynz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Yes, Definitely, Absolutely.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Starx280 and Fallen like this.
  8. Oh my goodness, Gyroninja you’re the best dev ever! Thank you so much for all the updates and bug fixes, really really appreciate all your hard work!

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Starx280, JDT2008, Paiynz and 2 others like this.
  9. Very amazing updates! For the knockback it is much better. The only thing I dislike is when you hit a player your sprint stops. You are basically walking and then sprinting if you’re holding your sprint while hitting someone. This causes to make players get tossed back really far on EACH hit. This makes holding out combos hard because they are constantly getting tossed really far. When you w-tap, you decide when to do it.

Posted Aug 31, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 31, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  10. pog

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Starx280, Fallen and BloxedAdam like this.
  11. It's honestly so great seeing another update from you, this update looks amazing and I'm sure the Bedrock community are thrilled! Thanks for your hard work!!

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Fallen and BloxedAdam like this.
  12. Nice work! I don't play Bedrock but it's amazing seeing how much you've achieved in such a short time, looking forward to seeing more updates!

Posted Aug 31, 2020
  13. Big gg on the maps and overall changes, really happy to see where bedrock is heading into right now :D

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  14. Go Gyro Go! I must admit that it feels like the updates started to come out more often, its like if Gyro was the only one who takes his job seriously... hmmmmm.. Neh, I am probably wrong.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  15. hi,

I like the new update, but i feel that the knockback is too much, when i hit somone, they dont move at all but i get sent flying. please reduce the knockback it isnt even this much in vannila

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  16. Awesome job Gyro! Can't wait to see what's next...

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  17. now we just need this on java

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Starx280 and Fallen like this.
  18. I can agree with this! If you had to put it into numbers, how much less do you think you'd like to see KB out of curiosity?

10% less? 20%? etc.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  19. Hey

I'd like to see the knockback reduced a good 30-50%.

More reasoning behind this can be found in my thread here

There is no proper PvP right now it's all trying to push the other person off

Also do you know how many blocks someone is pushed back now?

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  20. I wish I could tell you but it's likely 0.5-1 block / hit from what my experience has told me. It's not a set number though, it's impulse velocity. It likely depends on their velocity & your velocity. (how fast you're both moving when you get hit, in relation to the number being used for knockback).

I'll forward the thread/feedback though. Thanks for the quick reply!

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Jet Starglaze likes this.