• 620 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5970 Players Online
  • 5350 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Battlers & Builders Update (08/30/20)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by gyroninja, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Ayyy

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    • Fixed drinking milk
    • Removed illegal items, entities, and potion effects from Survival

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 8, 2020
  2. Hey, this isnt quite what the survival community wanted, all these things made survival unique and kept players on this gamemode. This wont get much positive feedback from the survival community and i think it might cause some players to quit survival. This completely changes survival and i feel like they should have let someone who knows what the community wants fix survival.

Posted Sep 8, 2020
    thawazp and TraZeeStrike like this.
  3. I totally agree with fanboy, unfortunately I think you listen more to new player then old experiment player, listen to your daily player then player that play a week then disappear.. for myself I only hope to get everything back to normal soon even if it's impossible...

Posted Sep 8, 2020
  4. When survival came back it was exactly what we wanted after all that waiting talking about it and wishing everyday we finally got our game back on our favorite server and then as if just to make it as terrible as possible less than 24 hours and they’ve completely taken it from us everything that made it special and what we loved ripped away from us in front of our eyes it’s almost like a sick joke

Posted Sep 8, 2020
    Faanbooy likes this.
  5. Illgeal items are no longer around and once/if we reset the world they will be gone forever anyways. Might as well remove them now.

We didn't "listen to new players" Like I said above Toolbox was fixed. It was time to remove the Illegal items on Survival as well.

Posted Sep 8, 2020
  6. I do not want the unique twist of survival to be that you could break the rules to get OP items. I don't see why players should be allowed to run around and spawn invincible mobs, or use a looting 32k to crash people out of the server. I wouldn't be surprised if the illegal items had something to do with the servers crashing due to running out of memory. The items that were blacklisted were a limited set. I did not go and check every block to see if it would have been possible to get in Survival. For example nether brick although unobtainable is not blacklisted because people might want to build with it or something. Similarly I did not just want to delete everyone's items. For items with crazy enchantments, I took off the invalid enchantments and then brought the levels down to the max level. These items should not have existed in the first place, I could have just replaced them with air like I do if you have something like bedrock. I could have even reset the entire map to get rid of all illegal things entirely, but based off feedback and messages I got I decided not to go with that route. People wanted to see their builds again and did not want to lose everything yet. I know it sucks to lose some items that you believe are rightfully yours, but sometimes change is necessary to improve things. While it may take some time for me to get around into shaping survival into the gamemode I want it to be, you need to remember that I am just one guy. There is a lot that needs to be worked on, and there are a lot of subcommunities that want updates for their gamemodes. Hopefully, I can try and write down the rough roadmap that I've been working off of and share it with the Bedrock community, so that you guys know what to roughly expect me to be focusing on and when you can expect a major update your gamemode.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 8, 2020
  7. Okay thanks for your response i really appreciate that. And i understand why you patched all this and its fine, i guess we gotta accept it but please dont reset the map!

Posted Sep 8, 2020
    Fallen and GuardianInASuit like this.
  8. Nice update! I am really happy to see more updates coming out more frequently. :)

Posted Sep 13, 2020
  9. Great update

Posted Sep 14, 2020
    • Fixed an issue allowing players to duplicate items
    • Added support for using the offhand
    • Fixed an issue where you sometimes could not swap armor with right click

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 27, 2020
    • Fixed an issue where players could cause servers to hang (and then crash) in Skywars and Survival

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 27, 2020
    • Due to a storage failure housing has been reset. We build a new storage which is more reliable. Currently we are checking if and how we can recover old plots. We wanted to inform you that there is a chance that those plots are gone forever unfortunally.

Posted Oct 9, 2020
    Paiynz, lotix, Im_Ken and 9 others like this.
  10. Yeah that's not good, but hopefully the new storage system will work better.

Posted Oct 9, 2020
    MysticMaster779 likes this.