• 1745 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10183 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion BattleShip

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Zboy, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Ok, to start with this post i will explain the game, next the rules, after that Ideas, and the objects

Battleship is a guessing game for two players, in which each player, tries to hide their ships in the area and has to guess where the enemy ships are located. Players alternate turns calling "shots" at the other player's ships, and the objective of the game is to destroy the opposing player's fleet.

Rules:
    -Fly allowed.
    -You start with 2 zombie skulls, 2 skeleton skulls, 2 spider skulls and 2 creeper skulls, you have to put the skulls at the front and at the end of the ship.
    -There is a 5 block-long ship, a 4 block-long ship, a 3 block-long ship, and a 2 block-long ship.
    -You cant see the other's ships.
    -You get 1 chance to hit the other ship by right clicking the nether star at the upper area to choose where the missile its going to land.
    -If you hit a Ship the other one will know because it will make an explosion sound.
    -You can see in the leader board how many ships you have destroyed and how many there are left.
    -When winning you will receive 500 - 800 xp per loosing and 600- 900 xp for winning.

Kits;
    - Normal
    - Lucky Shot: every turn you will have a 5 - 10 percent probability to get a second shot. / Cost 2000 gems.
    - Unknown-Name: when you get shot, you will have a 5-10% probability to defend that shot, still you enemy will get a title message saying your defense defended the shot, meaning they will have to wait another turn to shoot again. / Cost 200 gems.

Objects
    Start with 2 zombie skulls, 2 skeleton skulls, 2 spider skulls and 2 creeper skulls.
    Then you will get a Nether Star that you will have to right click to shoot a missile.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
  2. Yo,

I'm guessing you meant 2000 gems for the price of Unknown-Name? Also, I think that would be better suited as an achievement kit since you can cancel out their offensive shot. I think it should be more like 3-7% though as 10% is pretty high in normal Battleship since it will usually take from 5-10 turns to hit someone unless you're good at guessing patterns. I like how you incorporated it into Minecraft with the skull at the head of the ship, however, what block would the body of the ships be made out of? Battleship usually takes from 10-30 minutes to play in real life so if you're only getting 600-900 for winning I'd say it wouldn't be worth playing. XP definitely needs a buff.
    Overall I enjoy Battleship but I'm not sure it would a great fit for a Minecraft game mode as it a very competitive game that can only have 2 players. The player base would most likely be smaller than the other games if it got added but some people might like how you only need 1 other person to play with you.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  3. Augend basically said everything I would've said. While this sounds like a really cool and interesting game, and I love a game of Battleship, I'm not sure how well this would do as a Minecraft game. I'm not sure how much I would enjoy playing it for 20-30 minutes with just another player. I feel like people would get bored, and the game would lose popularity quickly. It's interesting, but I'm not so convinced it is a good fit for a minigame, better yet, on Mineplex.

Posted Oct 27, 2018