• 373 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5682 Players Online
  • 5309 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock Blockhunt needs ballancing

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by SilhoueX, May 18, 2021.

?

What is Block hunt?

1. Hide and Seek

77.8%
  2. PVP Arena

22.2%
  1. Been playing the Bedrock server for a few months now. Block hunt is usually pretty fun but often times a group of players will really take advantage of the speed/hyper axe. In the most recent game I played every other hunter quit because 6 chicken hiders were just juggling us/ dead in 3 seconds. Literally spawn camping from the beginning of the game til the end. This can't be how the game was intended to be played. There isn't even a way to counter it. You can't dodge 6 chickens spamming their special attacks. maybe 4 of 5 games play out normally but every so often a group will invade and bury the hunters at spawn.

If this is how the programmers intended, let me know. I'll just play something else.

Posted May 18, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  2. that has only happened to me once, and the Hunters successfully killed most of the chicken ataccers

Posted May 18, 2021
  3. I have seen this a couple times and the hunters could not win.

Posted May 18, 2021
    SilhoueX likes this.
  4. This is the GI proposal for block hunt, where the shockers are addressed.
    I have seen this many times but I also play a lot of block hunt so more chances of seeing, and yes if you get even 3 chickens together can be challenging, you can get around them but can be difficult sometimes, I would bow your way out, if they rush inside then use leap to go over or around so you are more out of the spawn.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/game-insights-block-hunt-proposal.187840/

Posted May 18, 2021
    Dad, SilhoueX and WilierSaucer495 like this.
  5. lol i just hide IN the hiders spawn and shoot them as they leave at an angle - they think its a rock shooting them lol

Posted May 19, 2021
    Dad and FluteVegetables like this.
  6. Ye this is definitely a problem. Right now I can say to counter these is to bowspam the hiders. The bow is the most powerful weapon hunters have. Also utilizing leap is good (bedrock leap is bad yes yes)

Posted May 19, 2021
    WilierSaucer495 and SilhoueX like this.
  7. this works if there's only a few spawn campers but when it gets to 4-6 chickens I'm not sure there's a way to counter it unless you have more hunters. Games like this stay at 2 hunters because one of us will quit and one of the hiders gets transferred to hunter until the next person quits. So you never get the numbers you need.
    they should add some kind of tank hunter you can unlock. Maybe he's slower/ unstunnable/ extra strong.

4 chicken rushers are typically too much to handle. They just have too many special attacks. Usually a rush from regular hiders can be dealt with.

It wouldn't be a problem if they just add a hunter powerful enough to counter it. Maybe a tank kit. Can't be stunned. Maybe he's slow but he fires a tnt block so it's like being chased by a tank. Or anything really. They just need to balance it one way or another.
    I see they want to add a 5 second cool down. That will help with smaller groups but there might still be problems with groups of 5 or more shockers exploiting the kit but I'm glad to see there trying something at least.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 20, 2021