• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6862 Players Online
  • 3972 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Bedrock] Categorize CakeWars Shop

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by OnceSpoken, Mar 6, 2020.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes +1

50.0%
  2. No -1

50.0%
  1. Hey, everyone.

This request is pretty self explanatory, so I am going to keep it short and sweet. The current setup of the CakeWars Item Shop is very messy (not trashing the person who designed it). But, what if the shop was split into separate sections? For example:

• Blocks Section
    • Armor/Weapons Section
    • Food Section
    • Etc
    I feel like this would help smooth CakeWars out a little bit, and just make everyone happier. Opinions?

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Strafer303 and xGetRekted like this.
  2. I feel like this isn’t overall necessary, as I’ve grown accustomed to the way the shop is now. However, I can see this being useful for new players, or frankly, players who are having trouble finding items. I’m half and half on this idea, as I see no need to change the current shop system, but this could be useful for others who haven’t accumulated to the shop just yet.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Tamman (Alt) and Jaborrie like this.
  3. I’ve gotten pretty used to the way the shop currently is. I feel as though maybe it would take a bit longer to navigate around. Every item is right there and I believe it may take a bit of time to get to the items. It’s not really necessary to add, although I can see where you might be coming from. I happen to like the system the way it is, and I don’t think this change would be beneficial.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    OnceSpoken and Jaborrie like this.
  4. I think this could be a good addition. However, there are players that will want the old layout back. To counter that there could be an option in /prefs that says "Shop Layout" and players will select either New or Classic.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  5. this is for bedrock.....

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  6. I agree with what xGetRektedx said. Many CW players have gotten accustomed to the current shop. It'll be a little more difficult for them to get adjusted to a brand new shopping layout. I feel like the shopping layout looks decent as it separates what materials you need for what items, so instead of running back and forth, you know what things you need to buy certain things whether it's emerald items, brick items, or team upgrades.

I would also have to say I agree with this too. Running back and forth to different villagers (if that's what you mean) to buy items can become time-consuming. For example, if you're trying to quickly buy gear, blocks, and armor, running back and forth can waste a lot of time. If you have a better idea for this though, I'd love to hear and could possibly change my mind.

If you were meaning for haps there would be one villager and you could click on one of 3 options to take you to a different shop where from there you could buy things, I would possibly be down for that idea. Otherwise, I think our current system is fine.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Korben, OnceSpoken and xGetRekted like this.
  7. Someone above suggested having a preference option to have it where you can toggle the current shop or the "new" shop. This would be good for people who want the new shop, and people who like the current one.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 6, 2020
  8. I was actually thinking we could split all of the items into one shop. So like instead of going to the left for swords armour, and right for nether stars, maybe we could merge all 3 together and categorize it from Bricks, emeralds, and stars.

Posted Mar 8, 2020