• 1609 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3693 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Bedrock] Duels

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by GuardianInASuit, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duels

Duels is a one versus one based game where players fight each other in a randomly selected gamemode. It isn’t as simple as just player versus player, it has a unique feature which makes the games more fun to play.

Duels Modes
    So far the games that we have come up with to make into duel based gamemodes are:
    •Bomb Lobbers 1v1
    •SkyWars 1v1
    •Build UHC
    •OITQ 1v1

Duel Ideas
    For ideas of how Duels would work, here are some we’ve come up with:
    •The Duels NPC should bring you to a random duel gamemode rather than one you can select specifically due to other gamemodes getting played over others. A favorite mode feature could be added to have it more likely to match with a game that has a gamemode on your favorites list per say.
    •Win streaks could be a feature where the higher win streak you obtain, the better game loot you receive. For example, every time you get a win and add on to your win streak, you get +1 gem and +2 shards. The win streak would cap the streak bonus at around 10 (+10 gems and +20 shards per win) to prevent excessive amounts of gems and shards to be earned, the streak number can continue to increase. Losing a duel with a win streak should reset your streak and streak bonus back to zero. Win streaks should reset every day and leaderboards for highest win streaks for daily, weekly and overall could be displayed in the lobby perhaps.
    •The Duels NPC could be like the Classic Cow for Java, how it switches to a community picked game from the discord poll hosted every week or so. Don’t believe Classic Cow is used anymore but it could be sort of like that style with a Bedrock twist on it.

The UIC would love to hear feedback from you guys and gals as for any changes you’d want to see made to the current gamemodes/ideas and anything new that you would like to see added to Duels!

Community Suggestions
    Survival games Duels
    Team Duels

Posted Apr 23, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 23, 2019
  2. Hi there Guardian!

I love this idea and I think it would be a great addition to bedrock. This game mode can learn players the basics of PVP and just in general allow players to practice their PVP skills on their dedicated device they are playing on.

A classic kit that is usually associated with duel game modes is Survival games. This would put the player in the same arena as for example a Build UHC one but it would give the player a different kit.

Kit example:
    Full Iron armor, Iron Sword, Bow with +- 5 arrows, flint and steal, food and a golden apple.

That's basically the only suggestion I have for this. Either way I really like this idea and I would love to see this implemented! :)

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    GuardianInASuit likes this.
  3. Can there be a teammode like 2 players vs 2 players, or 4 players vs 4 players, or 8 vs 8?

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  4. We could add a Team Mode!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2019
  5. I got a kit idea: Knocker

You can use the bomber sword to stun people, so if someone is punch, they get stunned by getting knocked a large range, but no damage. This comes every 5 seconds. Also, there can be a quad-mode? 4v4?

Other one: Slowness Sword

You get a sword where if someones hit, they get 2-second slowness.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  6. I love this! Though this is similar to another server it still is a nice a unique way to play! I wouldn't mind this being a lobby game in Java as well. Keep up the great work! I love these games you come up with, and I hope this one gets added! +1

Posted Apr 24, 2019
  7. It sounds nice to add more games on Mineplex bedrock edition with duels, I think that there should be more games like this because Bedrock needs more attention in the community and plus it can be more fun. More gems for each streak is fun because each win can help but, beware of hackers! Also, you guys should have a Mini-PVP area in the lobby so players can get warmed up!

Posted Apr 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.