• 1073 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9511 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion (Bedrock) Find the Diamond

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAWup, Jun 4, 2019.

1. If this doesn't exist on Java, then this could be a Java nano game.

So every player receives a Diamond Pickaxe. There are 7 diamond block in the whole game as there are 8 players. Again, There are 8 players and 7 ores. It will count down. It is like Musical Minecarts but with ores. The ore should be at LEAST 5 blocks below the ground!!! Pickaxes can be used to attack people and again, theyre diamond pickaxes! If you find a diamind ore, you can still find more. One round goes till all the diamonds are found, and again, every round has 1 less diamond than a player.

This can be a Bedrock Mixed Arcade Game!!!

Kits:

Kit: Brute
    Cost: Free
    Your pickaxe does 2 more damage making it do 7 damage.

Kit: Snow
    Cost: 2000 Gems
    You get 16 snowballs every round and can use them to give knockback to players!

Posted Jun 4, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 9, 2019
  2. Good idea except I think the game is used to multiple "rounds". (For example lets start with 12 players.) There would be 6 ores to start with then go down to 3 then 2 ores. and you see where this is going. As far as the x number of blocks it should be down I think the range is 1-3 below surface. You could also just put them on the surface and force the players to mine them like musical minecarts except of getting in them you mine them if that makes sense.

Using this idea though I see a new game in my head:

There are x number of iron ores in the ground relative to the number of players in game at the start. Along with trees. You must craft a pair of iron boots first to win. All players start with diamond a pickaxe and axe with efficiency 1
    How to win?: Get wood to make a crafting table. Then mine to make a furnace and get iron ore (x4). nce you do that then smelt the iron using the wood you got and craft those boots. First person the wear their new treasure wins.

Posted Jun 4, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  3. I added kind of what you were saying of rounds. Also, the game idea you have should be in New Game discussion :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2019
  4. I like the idea. I think it should be a mixed arcade minigame because right now there isn't that many games in mixed arcade and this would be a nice break from the pvp minigames that are in mixed arcade at the moment.

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  5. The idea of this game is awfully similar to Ores, Ores, Ores, with a slight adjustment; that being there is one one ore to look for. While it sounds like an interesting game for Nano Games on Java, I’m not sure how it would work on the Bedrock network. A game such as this would have to be extremely fast, which is why it fits well with Nano Games. However, I don’t see much potential for it being a standalone game on the Bedrock network for multiple reasons. One, it would get very boring after an extended period of time. It’s not grindable, and I doubt it would attract players. Second, there isn’t much to it, so it can’t reallt receive updates and such, which leads into reason number one; people would lose interest quickly. I’m going to say 0 for both, as I don’t see the need for it on either network. Good idea, though!

Posted Jun 4, 2019
    Admeen3581 likes this.
  6. I like this idea, but I have a few suggestions. First of all, this seems like a combination of Ores Ores Ores and Musical Minecarts. In other words, this concept is similar to Musical Minecarts but disguised as Ores Ores Ores. As such, the gameplay experience might be too similar to both games and would lack the originality necessary for a new addition in Nano Games.

Also, searching for one diamond ore in the entire map might be too difficult and bland. Instead, there should be multiple rounds as @Admeen3581 stated. This can make things a step harder each time. With some major tweaks, this idea may be an interesting addition to Nano Games.

Posted Jun 4, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  7. Hello!

I definitely like this idea. But like said above, this is definitely a merge of Musical Minecarts and Ores Ores Ores. Even though this is a merge of two games, I still like the idea! However, one diamond isn't really enough, unless maps are really small. If you can tinker the game around, this would be a great idea! +1 from me!

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  8. I can agree with all of those statements. Thanks for your opinions!

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  9. Agreeing with @happilycam , it's too similar to Nano Game's "Ores, Ores, Ores". I just don't see it working as a full on minigame, maybe as a part of nano games.
    Perhaps it could be added to the game mode (apart of Nano) "Quick", where the goal is to be.. quick, at whatever task you need to do. Finding the diamond ore first would be an interesting idea. It reminds me of Bawk Bawk Battles' old game where you needed to find the diamond in a chest.
    As apart of Quick, it might work. By itself I just don't see it working out well, I feel like players would get bored?. Good idea, though.

As apart of bedrock... Hmm, I think the player base is younger there, so having it as a full on game for Bedrock might confuse some of them. I'm mostly talking about nano in my reply, but I know the original idea is for bedrock, I'm just neutral on it for bedrock because I'm not sure if it'd fit in with the gamemodes by itself.

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  10. I don’t think we need any more luck games in Nano; there’s a few already but more isn’t needed.

For Bedrock, the games just seems too simple as a stand-alone game. It’s also very bland and not too original. It’s not really a “server-grade” game that you would see on a network like Mineplex.

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  11. Maybe it can be a Mixed Arcade game? Bland games can go there.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2019
  12. That makes no sense whatsoever

Why would bland games go to mixed arcade instead of just being scraped altogether?

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  13. Is it like a whole stone platform then there's diamond ore to find,thats gonna be ok.But the first player finds it do what?afk?Well if the game works where u mined your diamond ore,you could mine others so they lose and it is gonna be very fun,I would give it a +1

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  14. Oh, that can be a problem, as more than 1 player can be AFK. You can mine as many diamonds as you want, and each diamond means less probability of another finding a diamond.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 5, 2019
  15. As a bedrock game I would love to see this added. I feel like it would be something fun and more challenging add. As for adding it as a Java game I think it wouldn’t be needed due to the fact there are games like it.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  16. Update: I added 2 kits now! Anybody can still give out kit ideas.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 9, 2019