• 456 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6062 Players Online
  • 5606 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bedrock/Java

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by LegoNick1208, Apr 12, 2021.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes, comment why

18.8%
  2. No, comment why

37.5%
  3. At a later date, possibly

18.8%
  4. Not possible, comment why

31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heres a copy and pasted message from the admins on the hive shudown forum

"Some of you may look to Bedrock as the excuse for Java going, but in reality; the Java server would have closed its door a few years ago if it wasn’t getting the funding from Bedrock. With our current technology stack, it costs us more money to host 3,000 concurrent Java players than 30,000 Bedrock players."

they are talking about thier player count, they said they could have aloooot more players and still cost less

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  2. You seem to extremely dislike someone named freakingnick. What the heck is that about?

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  3. From what I have seen freakingnick is what you would call a "trainee tryhard" so maybe that's why, lol

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    TenCashew804211 likes this.
  4. In this case you're assuming there's no troll posts for Bedrock and no inactive members. The fact is there are way more contributions there from Java players than Bedrock despite Java having a smaller playerbase. It's because they're more inclined to visit the forums and post an idea or suggestion due to being older, more experienced, and having the capability to do so. Now I don't expect a ten year old to come on here and do the same thing - that isn't what I'm saying, and it would be ridiculously unfair. I'm just stating the way things are. Sure, it's no one's fault there's more for Java, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

There is a clear divide in the audiences and that means it's completely normal for there to be a divide in the quantity of ideas and suggestions considering the type of players on each platform. There is more content there for Java, so if you purged the troll posts and inactive members for Java and Bedrock then wouldn't you still be left with more Java content? I'm wondering why you assume there are more troll posts and inactive members for Java.

And I'm sure there's many who do - each to their own. I guess the point is that younger players are more likely to overlook it or keep going in spite of it. On Java I get people reporting bugs they encountered to me daily when I'm in the lobby, most of whom do go and fill out a bug report when I direct them to the right link.

Completely agree, ranks need more incentive. I'd love to see something like that get traction in the Bedrock Ideas section and I'd be fully backing it. Getting into full lobbies is a great idea too, it's the little things like that which can be more incentivizing than you might think for players.

Agree, it does need work. Things are improving though, and I'm sure we'll see more from Community Management on that front of being increasingly more transparent with the community. The team has already taken some promising steps in that direction, so let's hope it will continue. Fingers crossed it will, it's what's most likely considering it's their biggest focus at the moment as far as I know.

With all these replies and in light of what we've been talking about, I think it's important to bring it back to the original point for a minute so it's not confusing for anyone. To clarify, my points throughout all of this have been to back up the idea that if the Java platform no longer existed, neither would a community that makes significantly more contributions (despite lots of valuable efforts from Bedrock players that I do recognise and appreciate). Anything from ideas and suggestions to Trainee applications. Like even Bedrock forum reports are few and far between compared to Java ones, and Bedrock doesn't even have a /report system. Mineplex's various teams and divisions are so important - I would hate for their purpose to be reduced as a result, or worse, not even have one.

Posted Apr 15, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 15, 2021
  5. Hi, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned and locking it.

Java will not be closed down anytime soon - many people have already touched on why, but I will go ahead and summarize. For starters, Java is the heart of the Mineplex community. It's where it all began, as you mentioned, and why it will not forcefully die (at least for the forseeable future). Shutting down Mineplex's most "popular" platform in that way would make many people upset and be a really bad and risky move for Mineplex.

Even ignoring the community, Java is also the heart of Mineplex's income, meaning that if it was taken away there would be a lot smaller budget to develop Bedrock, let alone support it at that point (many Bedrock players do not have ranks, and are casual - usually young - players that don't spend money on Minecraft). From a business perspective, this is extremely important, and as someone mentioned above: we can't shut down Java and hope Bedrock will work out. Once again, it is really risky.

I can understand that Bedrock definitely deserves more love than Java, and these issues are being tackled one at a time. Recently, Game Insights formed a specific team especially for Bedrock which have already made great efforts to come together to help the platform. They have released proposals for Block Hunt and Cake Wars and are working closely with the small development team to hopefully release them as soon as they can. Hopefully there will be more support from the higher-ups to regularly push out Bedrock maps as well (many people have complained about this), but that's not up to us.

Thread Locked ➵ Not Planned

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.