• 2656 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8390 Players Online
  • 5734 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock? Java?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thexs, May 22, 2019.

?

Bedrock or Java?

1. Bedrock

30.0%
  2. Java

70.0%
  1. Hai guys! I was questioning myself why I loved Java more than Bedrock edition Mineplex, I thought about it and came to the conclusion that it was because I never play Bedrock! What are your reasons for playing which platform more than the other? If you wish, tell us an experience on your preferred platform that concludes your reasoning.

Posted May 22, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  2. For me there isn’t an experience that changes my opinion, it’s just that I’ve never played bedrock and I’d personally find it difficult to get use to. Due to this I prefer java.

Posted May 22, 2019
  3. I definitely prefer Java. I started playing Bedrock edition a few weeks ago, but I find it very hard to get used to. I play on the Nintendo Switch so the controls are very different and I find myself losing most games. While Bedrock has more players, I much prefer Java.

Posted May 22, 2019
  4. I like Java much more than bedrock, but honestly that’s just my preference - nothing against bedrock. I’ve been playing Java since 2014 and the community is a lot more talkative and interactive than on Bedrock. As I don’t have windows 10 or any other device to play it on I have to use my phone which makes the controls really difficult, and when you’re up against someone on windows (pvp games) you pretty much don’t have a chance. I don’t go on Bedrock much probably due to those reasons, but I like playing Bedrock Dragons occasionally. :)

Posted May 22, 2019,
    Last edited May 22, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  5. I've been playing Java for almost 5 years now, and I don't think it'd be possible for me to ever truly get used to Bedrock, especially on consoles, phones, or a Switch. I have played on Windows 10, but I don't personable find that as enjoyable as Java at heart. I think it's because of the controls, because it feels clunkier for me, or if it's some hidden mind trick my brain is playing on me because I don't play it much.

However, if someone who's mostly played Bedrock, and said they enjoyed Bedrock more, I'd completely understand as I think it comes down to experience. This is my opinion, but reversed for Java.

I just haven't established myself on Bedrock which is where I think my bias towards Java comes into play, but nevertheless, I think I will always like Java more.

Posted May 22, 2019
  6. I play on bedrock because Minecraft java edition is way too laggy on my computer to do anything even playing on a survival world let alone play on a server such as mineplex. I don’t mind, Minecraft for windows 10 is just as fun in my opinion and I wouldn’t be able to get used to all of the choices of games on Java. my experience is trying a java survival world a few months ago and getting literally 2 frames per second. Before you ask, I reinstalled it at least 15 times and it didn’t fix the lag I don’t know wth is wrong with it but like I said before, I like bedrock edition and I’m comfortable with it.

Posted May 22, 2019,
    Last edited May 22, 2019
  7. Hello, hello!

I actually used to play both Bedrock and Java! I gained interest in Bedrock because, frankly, my laptop wasn't fast enough to run Minecraft's Java release well enough for the game to be enjoyable, so I would play Java on my desktop. However, eventually, I saw the potential that Mineplex's Bedrock network had-- namely, the higher peak player counts-- and decided that I wanted to commit to the network.

I firmly believe that once Microsoft and partnered networks smooth out the bugs and the glitches on Bedrock edition, it will be the future of Minecraft. Bedrock Edition takes the childlike wonder we all know and love from Java and brings it to the masses; I'm a really huge fan of being able to play Minecraft and your favorite networks anywhere and being able to play with your friends, no matter what device your using.

That's just my take, though. I know a lot of people prefer Java because it's the "legacy" platform; it's simply been around longer so not only is it more coveted by long-term players, but the game and networks are also just so much better developed.

Each network has a long list of pros and cons; I suppose it comes down to what's more important to the player.

Posted May 22, 2019
  8. Hi there!

To be honest with you I love both of these platforms a lot. I pretty much have my own opinion about both of these platforms and I can definitely say that choosing between them is kind of hard.

Java: I've had a long history on Java. I started playing this platform back in 2016 and joined Mineplex in 2017 when I met my best shister @TeaSpiller. He basically introduced me to Mineplex and really gave me love for this community as I started learning more and more people. I really fell in love with how things were run on Mineplex and just in general the games that were available. I later applied for staff and got accepted. Being on the staff team really helped me grow as a person and helped me to be apart of this community. Java has really given me so much friends, great memories and just a combination of 3 great years.

Bedrock: Bedrock compared to Java is very different and really great. I feel like the platform is very underestimated by a lot of players who have never really played on it. Bedrock compared to Java definitely is under developed but I can definitely see it becoming even bigger than what it is now, in the future. I applied for staff for many reasons on Bedrock and that has really taught me so much about the community, how things are on run on Bedrock by Mineplex and just in general how to help a younger type of audience than what I'm use to on Java. Having experience with moderating Java in the past, I definitely have to say that I much rather prefer the more quiet and relaxed environment that Bedrock creates.

I would have to say that I currently do enjoy Bedrock more than Java just because of a lot of reasons. Due to some difficulties I have with my internet on Java, Bedrock really does eliminate that for me.
    I don't think I would ever stop playing Java nor Bedrock because honestly they are really fun.

Posted May 22, 2019
    FabianTuck and TeaSpiller like this.
  9. Hiya!

This is and will always be a very hard question, but I personally love Bedrock!

I am used to playing Bedrock, since I always used to play on my console I was always on Minecraft, when the servers were added Mineplex was the first one that I joined! The community was so welcoming and it felt right to play here. It was more calm and suited my play-type more than Java. I've also am not of the best computer to run Java Minecraft, this is just an issue on my end though :)

This is not to say that Java isn't good, Java is a great place to play games and interact with friends in the community also :)

Posted May 22, 2019
    FabianTuck likes this.
  10. While Bedrock is a great platform to not have lag when you have a potato pc like mine. It also have a unique survival where people can show their building skills. But Java have more to offer then bedrock due to it's constant update, but it has more lag so oof.

I guess it kinda depends on the computer your in and which community you like the most. :P

Posted May 22, 2019
  11. Heyo!

I am mainly a Java player however I do play Bedrock sometimes. I prefer Java as it's a lot more stable for me to play on but I do like Bedrock as there is a variety of games.

- Wolfayy

Posted May 22, 2019
  12. I've played both but I prefer Java. I had three years where I really enjoyed Minecraft pocket edition; I remember being really excited about the 0.9 update. But at some point, I stopped enjoying it. It got sort of annoying that I had to have a Xbox live account to play on servers and stuff. I couldn't change my username either. (no joke, Dinnersaur_ is like my 9th Java username and I refuse to change it.) But I constantly changed my Pocket edition username so I was annoyed when I couldn't anymore. And then they made some other update that changed how the inventory worked. That was the final straw and that was also when I gave up on Pocket Edition.

Posted May 22, 2019
  13. Hello!

Personally, I prefer Java over Bedrock, because it is so much more refined and way more customisable. After playing bedrock for a little bit, it’s a great part of the community and I love that there are so many devices you can play with. Before I got Java, I actually payed pocket edition lite and then slowly transitioned. For now I’d still play Java, but I wouldn’t mind playing bedrock in the future.

Posted May 22, 2019
  14. Java for me is easier to play competitively in, easier to control, and way faster to type on. I feel that when I play bedrock, tapping the screen to look around is kind of hindering me. Since I like to type fast and PvP, java suits me better.

Happy Memorial Day

Notserp

Posted May 26, 2019
  15. I think the one thing that strays me away from bedrock is the feeling of the game. Java and Bedrock feel like two different games in terms of controlling your player, and I've never really known why. I prefer Java just because of this, but I've played my fair share of bedrock and have had fun with it. Both platforms are growing and everlasting thanks to the support it receives from the community and Mojang. Bedrock is also great as the platform itself is extremely expansive, ranging from consoles like the switch to it's mobile counterpart of PE. But for me personally, Java is my home.

Posted May 26, 2019
  16. I prefer Java over Bedrock. Although Bedrock has more players than Java I’ve found the controls on my Switch much harder to use than the controls on my PC. I’ve never gotten used to the controls of the Bedrock edition, for that reason I prefer Java to Bedrock.

Posted May 26, 2019
  17. Java forever. Everything just feels smoother and more polished.

Posted May 26, 2019
    Demoxx likes this.
  18. I love Java!! It's way more familiar to use then bedrock. It is easy to mod. Bedrock you have to buy skin packs and maps with Minecoins which makes no sense to me. Meanwhile, Java people can just source maps for others to download and use. The controls of Bedrock make it awkward to fight others with as well. I find that fights are slower paced and less epic. Java is faster paced and you have to land more hits on other players to win.

Posted May 27, 2019
  19. I'd have to say Java, although I never really had much experience playing Bedrock. Java was what got me started on Mineplex, and I've never really stopped playing this platform. I love Bedrock, don't get me wrong, but I don't really have much experience playing it. I don't have Windows 10, so the only platforms I can play it on are mobile, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. The controls on those devices are a bit difficult to play with, so I don't really play Bedrock that often. Hence why I love Java more. Both platforms are great, however!

Posted May 27, 2019
  20. Hey there!
    Such an interesting question. Honestly, I feel as if I've always been part of Java. Although I have taken my time to inspect Bedrock, Java has always been my home base and I've never really thought of it in any other way. What's ironic though is that I've started almost every game on the Xbox or PS4. Other games I'm familiar with are usually because I found them on the store and began playing. Minecraft however is a different story. I started Minecraft around the year 2012 on Java and I've been addicted to playing on Java ever since. I haven't stepped out of my comfort zone too much since I personally find Bedrock mechanics a little too rough. That doesn't mean I don't like it, it just means it'll need some getting used to for newbies like me.

Java is by far probably one of the most popular platforms to play on Minecraft and so I've stuck by the platform where I can interact with a lot of people and meet new friends. I'm always ready to explore the vast world of Minecraft Java edition but I do feel like with future updates, Bedrock might slowly overtake Java since other-console gaming has come out to be very popular these days. So time will really tell where I'll be standing. But so far, I'm going to stand by my opinion that Java is in fact the greater of the two.

Posted May 27, 2019