• 1830 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5863 Players Online
  • 4033 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Bedrock] King of the Hill

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by GuardianInASuit, Apr 23, 2019.

1. King of the Hill

What is King of the Hill?
    KotH is a team based Minigame (2v2, 4v4) The goal of the game is to claim the middle and gain points. First team to 500 wins.

General Idea

Two teams/four teams of four will spawn on an island. In the middle of the map is the hill that team needs to claim to gain points. When players stand on the middle platform they will gain a point every second. If the other teams/team stand on the hill the points will go down to 0.5. Power ups will spawn all over the map. These powers ups can enchant your armor/sword or even upgrade your armor and sword to a better type (ie: Diamond) when a player dies they lose there upgrades and get sent back to the default gear. First team to 500 wins. After a team hits 500 the other teams have 30 seconds to get 500 as well. After that a death match will start if another team hits 500. During death match once you die your out.

Achievements
    True King- win 100 games of King of the Hill
    Hill Lover- Stand on the hill the whole game. (Starts 30 seconds after the game starts)
    Hill Killer- Kill someone on each team (4v4 mode only)
    Cheating Death- Don’t die the whole game.
    Point Hunter- Gain 500 Points in one game.

Kits
    Default - Leather Armor and Stone Sword. 16 steak and 2 golden apples.

Point Info
    After 5 minutes you get 2 points
    After 7 Minutes you get 3 Points.
    After 10 Minutes you get 5 Points

Community Suggestions
    Archer Kit
    -
    Leather armor,
    - 20 arrows
    -Wooden Sword
    -16 streak
    -1 golden apple.

No Hunger (remove steak)

- Juggernaut : achievement kit
    • Full chainsaw
    • Slowness I
    • No regen
    • Stone sword

- Speedy : 3000 gems
    • Leather armour with a chainsaw chestplate
    • Speed II
    • Regen I
    • stone sword
    • a horse spawn egg (only one uses per game)

- Builder : 4000 gems
    • Leather armour with a iron helmet
    • Bow with 1 arrows per minute
    • Recives block every 30 seconds that will break every minute
    • 16 blocks at the start of the game
    • stone sword

- Wizard
    • Random potion every minute
    • gets an speed I, Regeneration I splash potion every respawn (if possible)
    • Leather armour with a Chainsaw helmet
    • Stone sword (or a wooden sword)

Posted Apr 23, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 16, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  2. Hey!

I actually really like this idea; it's a simple gamemode but I can easily see it being one of Mineplex's more engaging and fun. Just out of curiosity, was this inspired by the old lobby King of the Hill minigame?

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  3. not really. I forgot the old lobby had that tbh.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2019
  4. Hey there Guardian!

I must say I'm really impressed by this idea! I think this would be a great and fun little game for players to enjoy. The game isn't to hard and would be perfect for bedrock in my opinion.

Question? Would the spawning platforms be apart from the main island (I'm guessing since your kit doesn't provide blocks)? I think if this were to be the case an archer kit could really be fun to play with. I love using the bow in PVP and it's generally the weapon I use a lot.

My idea for an archer kit:
    Leather armor, +- 20 arrows, Wooden Sword, 16 streak and 1 golden apple.
    I believe the archer kit is perfect for people who love to play ranged but still doesn't force them to just stick to ranged and allows them to have a chance at melee.

Either way great suggestion! (:

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    GuardianInASuit likes this.
  5. Hey Pritt!

I added your kit suggestion!
    I think we could add wool blocks for building protection. We could also make the main island and spawn islands separated so players have to build to middle.

OP OP
    Pritt likes this.
  6. I like this idea so far. I think the four teams will be too many in my opinion. Two teams against each other should be just right, as it would make it more strategic and easier to keep track of. In addition, I think no hunger loss would be beneficial as well, so most of the focus will be on the game instead. Overall, nice work!

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  7. Maybe there can be a kit where you take 3/4 the knockback but overall, +1

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  8. Added the No Hunger into the suggestions!
    --- Post updated ---
    I feel like that this kit would make the game somewhat unbalanced.

OP OP
  9. I'd like to see this as a NANO Game. It could be a quick, chaotic game to play which in my opinion would be fun to play! I suggest that there should be a kit that has a KB stick, which would be in your second slot but wouldn't be a sword. It wouldn't deal any damage, but it could knock players off of the platform.

I'd love to see this game implemented into both Bedrock and Java! +1

Posted Apr 24, 2019
  10. I'd honestly love this to be a Bedrock game. It's a complex idea in itself with good kits and I do really appreciate the idea and concept behind this idea. However, I feel that there should be more kits. Two teams against each other sound better than teams of four as it does promote a more strategic winning environment; the power-ups also sound great. All in all the current ideas are great but I believe that there can be more details in term of kits.

Posted Apr 24, 2019
  11. While I don’t play Bedrock often, I’m a large fan of this idea. The network needs unique and perplex ideas to truly allow ourselves to stand out from everyone else. The idea of this game is intriguing, and definitely something I haven’t seen before. The kit ideas are also fairly reasonable, and would work fairly well for the gamemode suggested. I would love to see what else others have to say about this idea, and ways we can ensure that it’ll be something the community will enjoy. Overall a +1 from me, and as I said, I’m extremely interested to see where yourself and others take this idea.

Posted Apr 24, 2019
    AtmosFox likes this.
  12. I really enjoyed reading this idea, and I actually think it would be an excellent addition! While I don't play Bedrock that often, I loved playing KotH on Java when it was still a part of the lobby. I think that it would be super fun to play as its own game. I really like your version of the game; it's unique and I believe I'd enjoy playing it.

I also like your ideas for the achievements, and I also like how there's only one kit; that keeps things nice and fair for everyone. I do agree that there shouldn't be any hunger as that would make the game a bit more complex. With that being said, I say remove the steak. Other than that, though, I really like this idea, and thanks for suggesting it! :)

Posted Apr 24, 2019
  13. I actually do have some kit ideas

- Juggernaut : achievement kit
    • Full chainsaw
    • Slowness I
    • No regen
    • Stone sword

- Speedy : 3000 gems
    • Leather armour with a chainsaw chestplate
    • Speed II
    • Regen I
    • stone sword
    • a horse spawn egg (only one uses per game)

- Builder : 4000 gems
    • Leather armour with a iron helmet
    • Bow with 1 arrows per minute
    • Recives block every 30 seconds that will break every minute
    • 16 blocks at the start of the game
    • stone sword

- Wizard
    • Random potion every minute
    • gets an speed I, Regeneration I splash potion every respawn (if possible)
    • Leather armour with a Chainsaw helmet
    • Stone sword (or a wooden sword)

Yeah that’s about it

Posted Jun 4, 2019
    AtmosFox likes this.
  14. Hey!

This is a great game suggestion, Guardian! This KoTH gamemode looks like it would really fit into the Bedrock community. It would be fun, deciding if you should defend the hill, or attack and slay the opposition to gain points! It would probably be better in bigger teams (4+) as it seems like a team game.

Great suggestion, +1!

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  15. I think this would be great for bedrock.
    I hope more people post if they like it and/or suggestions for this.

One thing I think would be fun with a challenge, make one of the maps to be the center of an existing survival game map, Aztec, from the lave around the Aztec hill to middle, the sides have different layers and levels, lava going down in some areas, leaves that can be broken, I think a map like this would be like one of the challenging maps, some maps in games are a little different, more of a challenge, this could be "king of the hills" challenging map. The pathways out of Aztec mid can be the check points or power up spot

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  16. I really like this idea but I have a suggestion that might work and might not to make the game more fair, if 1 team has middle, the other 3 teams get gold in their bank and can buy upgrades to kill the other team.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  17. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 16, 2019
  18. Heyo!

I really like the idea behind a KotH, and I've always enjoyed playing them as well. Since Champions isn't a game on Bedrock, I think this would be a great game to add. Not much would need to be changed with the capturing system development wise since they could use the Cake Wars mechanics, and the same for the shops as well. The game itself also seems very interesting, and I think a lot of players would enjoy it.

Maybe at the start, the 2v2 game mode would be better, just to see how the game does. Later on the 4v4 game mode could be added, but for now I think a 2v2 mode would be the best. For the game itself, I think power ups should spawn near the middle, just to get players to branch out. Also, maybe kills could be a type of currency, which you could then go buy something (if not, on kill upgrades seem like another good choice as well).

The kits seem pretty balanced, though maybe removing sone of the weaker ones would be nice to see. I don't have much to say about these, and I overall like all of them.

Overall, I'll leave this at a +1. With minor changes, I could see this being a game in the future. Sorry this is really late, but have a nice day!

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  19. Hiya!
    Just wanted to say I'm a massive fan of the bedrock platform, and that when I read up on this idea (and the comments) I loved what the game would be offering. Hopefully this brilliant idea will be made possible by the bedrock team. I'm a huge fan of competitive games so i would see why this would be a great idea!

Game on! - AtmosFox

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  20. This would be interesting to play, I would see myself play it a lot. King of the hill is a game on bedrock that I haven’t really found yet. This would be a great new addition to mineplex!

Posted Oct 16, 2019