• 386 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2965 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed [Bedrock] Pocket Bridge

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by GuardianInASuit, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Red = Map Related ideas, Green = Treasure Chest Ideas, Orange = Bookshelf tracking Idea, Cyan = Speed Ideas, Blue = Upgrades)

Pocket Bridges

This game will use scaled-down versions of the Java Bridges Maps (Or new ones) which are around ½ the size of the originals as it’s maps. They have ores which are packed tighter together and “Treasure Chests”. Treasure chests can be found like ores by digging underground. These chests can have a chance of giving the player Chain, Iron, or Diamond armor along with the equivalent weapons and materials. You can find the materials by themselves in these as well. (You are not guaranteed to get a full set of these though. It would be a mix along with things like sticks, string, books (For bookcases)). The maps should also have an enchanting table without any bookshelves. There should be places for them though. Then the players can go look for some. This adds strategy as, if the players spend too long finding books, they won’t have good armor.

As well as that, there should be instant-smelting ores (When you mine them, they drop the material they smelt into). This game should be “quick-ish” to fit in with the other quick games on the network. Seeing as players are less competitive on Bedrock, long, competitive games are less attractive. Quick games are better.

Maybe give players the ability to get special items from the center which could regenerate their island ores with diamonds! Maybe there should be an item which gives their island bridge points watchtowers with skeletons!

Please tell me what you think
    (Original Idea by Cloud and BJD)

Community Suggestions
    - Kits
    * Apple- No Armor. All Wooden Tools. You get an apple every 15 seconds.
    * (Default Kit) Warrior - Full Leather Armor and all Stone Tools
    - 5 minute grace period- After 5 minutes end the bridges will fall.
    - 16 or 20 players count
    - "Cold Feet". If a player stays on an island for over a minute (or on the bridge), it could start freezing the blocks beneath you. These ice blocks would deal damage

Posted Nov 26, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 27, 2018
  2. Greetings!
    I really do enjoy reading this idea as I have been wanting it for a long time! As it also seems the Bedrock players want it, this idea can be a “booming” success. I also enjoy the name “Pocket Bridges”, as it includes Minecraft Pocket Edition to the game Bridges. Overall, I really love this idea and hope to see it happen!
    -
    Have a lovely day!

Posted Nov 26, 2018
    Sickle and factionsBR like this.
  3. =D

Posted Nov 26, 2018
  4. I really like this idea! It sounds like it would be a fast-paced game, so it would fit perfectly with other Bedrock games. Would there still be some sort of "grace period" at the beginning of the game like on Bridges? Say, players have five minutes to gather resources? I think five or so minutes would be better than the ten minutes you get on Java. Also, what sort of kits do you or anyone else have in mind? I'm really looking forward to seeing how this idea is further developed :)

Posted Nov 26, 2018
  5. I think we should have Apple and Warrior. Apple kit gives you an apple every 15 Seconds. Warrior is where you spawn with Stone Tools and leather armor. I think the grace period is a great idea and i will add the kit and grace ideas to the thread above!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 26, 2018
  6. From the instant smelting thing, it sounds like a nifty Speed Builders type of idea. I'm not a fan of Bridges but it does seem interesting.

Posted Nov 26, 2018
  7. Can add the miner kit it helps u search for ore.
    --- Post updated ---
    & 25 or 20 mines would be good too. Since that’s about the time limit for cake w.

Posted Nov 26, 2018
  8. Mrs

Mrs

Java Bridges Maps - I have no experience with this game.

But digging up treasure chests and stuff sounds so fun.

I do hope it's not too fast paced though.... those games tend to stress me out lol...

Posted Nov 26, 2018
    JaySnowy likes this.
  9. Question who is the minigame developers on mineplex bedrock?
    --- Post updated ---
    I like to correct my spelling I meant 25 or 20 minutes.
    I’m thinking for this pocket bridges 25-30mins would be best
    --- Post updated ---
    Destructor & miner kit would be useful

Posted Nov 26, 2018
  10. Hello,
    Although I do not play Bedrock much, the time I have spent on the server made it easy for me to tell that the games are more fast paced compared to the java server. The concept of a more fast paced bridges game sounds awesome. From what you described, it sounds like this idea would fit perfectly into the Bedrock game selection. I also agree with the idea stated above about having the bridges fall in 5 minutes. Without having to smelt ores this time would be adequate. I think the kits should be simplified versions of the java ones, which is basically what you have right now. Overall I don't see many issues with this idea and think it would be a fun addition to Bedrock.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 26, 2018
    GuardianInASuit likes this.
  11. I wouldn't say that. You have to factor in people who don't participate on the forums, smaller kids, and the general playerbase of Bedrock. You're getting the idea of a "booming success" through a small but vocal part of the Bedrock server. Again I'm not against the idea, but you should see the commentary by the whole community rather than going by a small portion. The principal applies to everyday life.
    --- Post updated ---
    Additionally @Sickle_ @Dva and @MPGwenGuardian, while you mentioned that the maps would be half the size, they still would be fairly large considering Bridges maps are massive. How would this account for campers? If someone decided to camp, it would surely stall the game and potentially make it a bore. I know this is a bit of an issue on the current Java Bridges as well, so imagine if it was on Pocket Bridges, where our main goal is to make the game as fast paced as possible. How could we combat this to prevent this sort of occurance?
    Additionally, Java Bridges requires 40 players, while the most player demanding game on Bedrock (Cakewars, correct me if I'm wrong) only needs about 15 with a max of 20 players.

Posted Nov 26, 2018
    Sickle likes this.
  12. You bring some good points. To prevent campers we could add a map infection system that will start to riot the map after a set amount of minutes and we could make it teams of 4 so, 16 players would be needed for this gamemode.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 27, 2018
    lili :) and Vocaloiid like this.
  13. Would this be the start of scoreboards being implemented in Mineplex? If so that would be wonderful! I’ve seen maps with them & it’s so awesome to see that in Bedrock.
    --- Post updated ---
    H

I mean Bedrock can handle just as much players in my opinion, but I can see Mineplex possibly making range of 20 to 24. But in my own opinion & experience with Bedrock almost for the last 3 years. I think it can handle anything the developers put a time it. It just depends Of device & WiFi connection.
    Another reason why too is if u do /setmaxplayers command u can do up to 30 at the max of players. I hope to see this bridges game to bedrock. I been wanted sense I saw ChadAlan play this. I hope we could see some similar thing in bridges pocket like the kits destructor & miner. That would be soooooo awesome. I hope this game will be in development and possibly come next year lol.

Posted Nov 27, 2018
  14. This sounds like a wonderful idea and I think this will attract a lot of players as bridges is a very rare minigame in the pocket edition and it is also very fun I hope to see the mini-game come to pocket edition very soon!
    --- Post updated ---
    It would also help the server grow and would add another quality mineplex original game. I feel it would be an amazing addition to the minigames!

Posted Nov 27, 2018
  15. H

I mean Bedrock can handle just as much players in my opinion, but I can see Mineplex possibly making range of 20 to 24. But in my own opinion & experience with Bedrock almost for the last 3 years. I think it can handle anything the developers put a time it. It just depends Of device & WiFi connection.
    Another reason why too is if u do /setmaxplayers command u can do up to 30 at the max of players. I hope to see this bridges game to bedrock. I been wanted sense I saw ChadAlan play this. I hope we could see some similar thing in bridges pocket like the kits destructor & miner. That would be soooooo awesome. I hope this game will be in development and possibly

I just wanna tell u it’s not call pocket edition cause u no longer can’t fit these phones & tablets in a pocket anymore lol. Phones are the size of tablets & tablets are the size of a desktop computer screen. So it would make sense just to call it Minecraft or Bedrock.
    Sorry tryin to be funny I guess.
    --- Post updated ---
    Never knew Gwen the guardian had time to chat to people or even have hands to.

Posted Nov 27, 2018
  16. I've added more of the community suggestions under the post :P Keep give us ideas!!! :D
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't think we should have a "/setmaxplayers" I think we will be good with a 16 or 20 player cap. and we want this to be somewhat different from Java Bridges so we are trying to come up with new kit ideas!

OP OP

17. Oh ok, will u use scoreboards possibly if this game plans out?

Posted Nov 27, 2018
  18. Just depends on if our developers want to use them.

OP OP
  19. Ok hope they do for some reason I oddly enjoy it.

Posted Nov 27, 2018
  20. I like the idea of having 16 players. Twenty players might work too, but that's probably what the player cap should be. Map rotting is a good idea as well. I actually didn't even factor in the players who like to camp and prolong games. That's sometimes an issue in Cake Wars, and it's irritating when the game just ends up finishing with no winners. It would be good to take measures to hopefully prevent that same problem on Pocket Bridges.

Posted Nov 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.