• 418 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8856 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock Skins on Forums

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Yato, Aug 22, 2019.

1. If this is the incorrect section I understand that it should be moved.
    I think it would be nice if you could show your bedrock skin on the forums.
    I think this could be accomplished by either adding a program in-game to check players skins or allowing bedrock players to set their bedrock skin on the forums itself.

Thanks,
    -Yato

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    NothinButNetYT and Steven190 like this.
  2. Heyo!

Yes, this is the wrong section for this, as this is Forum Discussion. I think you should move this to General Idea Discussion.
    I really like this idea, as my bedrock profile is a steve, but my skin isn't steve.
    I think this should be implemented
    Thank you.
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  3. I thought my steve skin looked ***y though....

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  4. It has been moved

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  5. Thread moved to Website Feedback

I don't mind to have Bedrock skin showing on the forums. However, I don't think it's a huge priority to implement this. Of course, Bedrock player wants to show their current skin they're wearing. We already have one for Java, and my Java skin is still showing on the forums.

Overall, that's a great suggestion you have! +1

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  6. This has been suggested before, but unfortunately the idea has been rejected because it is too complicated and requires too much work to add Bedrock skins to website, and since Mineplex only has one Website developer there are more important things that need to be worked on.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  7. I can understand that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  8. Overall, though this may seem like a good idea, and my primary instinct says to +1 it, skins in bedrock can be changed with a click of a button, while in Java you have to go to the website to do (though this will be changed) and I use like 3 skins frequently on my account
    The one I use normally
    The one I use in mineplex(my normal skin is blocked by mineplex for some reason
    The one my sister uses, (I share my mc accounts with my sibilings)
    And the one my other sister uses(even though my other sister barely plays Minecraft so that’s why I didn’t say four)
    I think it is much easier to update skins on this site with java than it is with bedrock. I mean +1 if it’s easier than I think it would be but for now I’m not sure...

Posted Aug 22, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 22, 2019
  9. Actually I believe this would be impossible. As much as I support this idea there is a huge difference between java and bedrock. with the Java skins it links to their UUID, which you can find online. While on bedrock you set your skin but there isn't a way to get to your skin online. I remember making a similar suggestion a while back saying there should be an option to set your bedrock skin with a button on forums and download the template to forums. Link to that post is here

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    BasicT and rexh17 like this.
  10. Can’t you just you just crop the skin file and put that on your profile?

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  11. I don't know if this only happens to me, but I've had a lot of issues with my skin resetting to the default Steve skin upon logging in and out of Bedrock Minecraft. I use a custom skin, but I have to apply it to my character again just about every time I open it. I'm not sure if it's an issue with its database or if it's that I don't log-in on a regular basis, but I feel like that needs to get fixed on Mojang's end before anything can happen with our forums.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  12. Hello H2O,
    That issue with skins changing to default is known from Minecraft, they mention on their discord that it should be fixed next update

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    _H2O likes this.
  13. I think that would be a decent idea while we wait

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Mr_CLICKS likes this.