• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Best kit in the game

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by DaGourmand, Jan 20, 2020.

?

What is the best kit in the game?

1. Spider

19 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Enderman

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. Skeletal Horse

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Creeper

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. Other

25 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. For awhile now, the consensus among the top players is that spider is the best kit in the game. But recently, some have argued that this isn't actually the case. The counter argument is that most good players main spider making people think it has the most potential, even though there is a different kit that can be better. Enderman, creeper, and skeletal horse being the ones that can potentially be better.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. Heyo!
    This question varies in answers. I personally, think that wolf is one of the best kits in the game, if not, then the best kit. It's very similar to spider in the aspect of the jump and mobility. However, another reason for this, is that it's ravage ability is very cool and useful. I actually main this kit now and I have to say it is very good. I remember one time, I got 1 kill as wolf, and then literally 5 shotted an iron-golem, not to mention the cub-tackle. That's just an example behind my reasoning.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  3. deidara thought creeper could be the best kit in the game and iirc it was the last kit he mained before he quit

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  4. Wolf is easier to pick up than spider but at a high skill level, spider beats wolf because it has a better recovery, spin web is more effective than cub tackle, needler combos etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020
  5. I thought he got banned for trying to hack into the servers or something to see how Kralder did a huge stats boost or something like that

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  6. Zombie can kill any kit when put to its full potential, spider being a close second. A fully charged death grasp arrow kills most kits in 2 hits. Wolf, creeper, blaze, and skeleton horse may be easy kits to pick up, but all of them are easily countered by the range kits.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  7. Creeper, Blaze, and Bone Horse are essentially beginner-level kits. Wolf takes more effort to use, but I find it purely rage inducing to fight against.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  8. Iron Golem is the best kit. Strongest base armor and strongest base melee damage. 4 hits from this guy and you're already running for dear life :D

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    _Gorgonite likes this.
  9. Wolf is just spam space and left click. Another strategy is to run then cub tackle. It may require some skill but its nowhere near as difficult to play as zombie or spider. But yeah wolf is definately top tier for kits that take less skill and get more wins.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  10. OK

I decided to play wolf for a few rounds after posting that to see what happened, and I realized that the amount of skill needed to use wolf was much lower than I thought. Jesus Christ it's legit as bad as creeper or bone horse.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  11. Spider has always been considered an S+ Tier kit for good reason. It has the fastest mobility, it has two recoveries those being, wall climb and spin web, and even has both melee and range attacks. Needler is what I consider a range attack as it can reach about 20 blocks at its best. Melee is obviously just melee and spider does not have any passive boosts to help with attack unlike wolf that has the combo feature. Spin web is also a range attack that then transfers over to a melee attack once the opponent is stuck in the web. It also has the added benefits of having pretty strong armor and attack as well as decent regen.

Wolf is a good kit but definitely isn't the best when you compare it to spider due to overall ability and the fact that wolf really has a crappy recovery.

Now talking about the other kits mentioned in the poll.

Enderman is not good against spider because once you understand the basics of how to fight an enderman it becomes predictable, easy to counter, and very annoying to be an enderman. Spider can quickly dodge block toss, fake a spin web to get the enderman to use their blink or whatever it's called as I'm blanking on the move name, then use the real spin web to catch the enderman in it and just melee and needler spam.

Skeleton Horse is the same way pretty much. Just understanding how most horses fight, learning to counter them, and abusing their weaknesses. TBH I don't really understand why it's even in this category as it's definitely not an amazing kit to play as there are plenty of better kits like guardian, Zombie, Skeleton, and even Iron Golem on certain maps.

Creeper is also pretty easy to counter as a spider as all it really takes to kill a creeper is to catch them in a web, needler, wait for lightning shield to end, melee swap with them, and repeat. Obviously dodging sulfur bombs in the process of all of this.

The kit I main is sheep and let me just say that spider is the ultimate counter for sheep. Sheep's laser literally doesn't do any kb if the spider player just holds the shift button while stand on the ground. They can move so quickly that they can just run away from any wool mines. and because their double jump is dependent on where they look unlike most of the other kits, you rarely see a spider in the air during a game leaving wooly rocket basically a useless attack move. Also when you try to recover if you are ever in the void as a sheep, needler just completely denies any chance of that from happening (even though it basically does that with every other kit, another reason why spider is S+ Tier according to GI).

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Oscaros_ and Kenshin_William like this.
  12. I think you are underestimating the power of some of these kits. Block toss isn't so easy to dodge as a good enderman have this glitch method where they can instantly fire off a fully charged block. Skeletal horse does have a huge hitbox, but the insane dmg and kb done with its abilities makes it extremely difficult if it can hold its own in melee.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2020
  13. Basically, when it comes down to it Spider is the be-all-end-all of SSM kits.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  14. i'm biased lol but zombie is insane when you consider all of its abilities. the quicker recharge of death's grasp on a hit makes it easy to hinder the mobility of other mobs and you can spam it all day long if you want to (not to mention the combos you can get w/double dmg). also, no one really talks about this but spew bile is super underrated with how far it can travel and how many times it can hit a player, and it's how i usually counter really good spiders and wolves. spider's definitely the biggest contender but zombie has several abilities that are able to interrupt its fast mobility. i could also see creeper being extremely good by virtue of lightning shield but the player would have to be incredible at strafing.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  15. guardian best kit by FAR

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Crash likes this.
  16. Spider is insane. It has the uncontested best mobility in the game, a near impossible to dodge ability with webs (how do you dodge it when the Spider itself doesn't know where all the webs are going?) that most likely means most of your hp is gone from one hit, and Needler as an amazing tool for comboing and just being annoying while running. It doesn't have the raw damage the likes of Zombie, Enderman, Iron Golem or Chicken have, but it's no secret that in most games, mobility is king.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  17. creeper spam is the best. everyone gets mad at you but you still win because your an awful player that cant play and you can just use creeper as a crutch.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  18. Hiya!

I haven't played SSM a lot recently, but when I did, I mostly played squid and wolf. I think the squid should be on this list, even though it is kind of a noob kit and easy to pick up, it is very powerful. The Ink Shotgun can do a decent amount of damage at close range, and the Super Squid (I think that's what its called) can easily avoid oncoming attacks or if your about to die. Like I said before, I haven't played in a while so I don't know if anything has been nerfed or buffed.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  19. No it shouldn't be on this list, low to mid tier at best

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Crash likes this.
  20. Guardian is like a less tanky version of Golem.

I'm not saying it's bad, I've used it quite a bit and it's pretty good, but its far from the best...

Posted Jan 21, 2020