• 2586 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10498 Players Online
  • 7912 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Best Video recording software for PC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Strafer303, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Does anybody know a good video recording software for pc? I’m unable to use the Xbox game bar because my laptop doesn’t support it, I can only take screenshots with the Xbox game bar.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  2. I personally use ShareX, @Evgeen recommended it to me right before I became a Trainee, it is really useful; not only does it allow you to record and stop a recording with a click of a button, it also allows you to automatically upload it to YouTube with a title and privacy preference, this has been really useful for me as a staff member as I can record evidence with a click of a button and auto-upload it to YouTube. I must say that the program is a bit old and confusing if you want to set it up. If you choose to use this program, feel free to PM me with any questions about it as it can get a bit difficult to set it up but once you get it set up, you're good to go!

Most people, however, use OBS, it's really useful if you want to simply record a window or your screen but sadly it doesn't have a feature that allows you to automatically upload the video to YouTube, again if you have any questions with this software, don't be afraid to message me.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  3. As THELichCA already told above, I use ShareX and recommended it for him. I use it since Spring 2017 as for taking screenshots but started for recording videos only since I became staff on Mineplex.
    Basically, it's a program which can let you instantly share different types of files just by clicking a button which will upload your file to the selected destination. One of the features of this program is recording videos and taking screenshots of your screen which you can instantly upload just after capturing. This program works best for recording short videos to, for example, get evidence of usage unapproved mods in-game which you later can use for forum reports (as a staff member, I use it to collect evidence of rule-breakers). This program is not really good for recording gameplay videos which will be long enough and which you later will upload as public video as your original content because there is no like capturing of the game itself, but you still can use it for that as you can set up it for only saving video to your PC.

The only issues that this program may create for you are that it's a bit complex, not look that easy with design and hard in setup but once you will set up it, it will become much easier to record short videos.

For me, I setuped different cases how I can use this program and for every function I assigned a key. Most common causes for me are:
    1) Starting the recording of full screen (only top of the window will be seen). After finishing recording, I get a window where I can type a file name and after clicking upload on this window, it will be uploaded to my YT channel as an unlisted video with a selected name but only .mp4 will be visible in the file name.
    2) Selection of the custom region to take a screenshot of that region. After using that I'll get tasks list what I can do with a selection which also includes copy it to clipboard and uploading to host (to selected destination).

If you have any questions with setuping ShareX, feel free to contact me in forums PMs or on Discord (which you can find on my profile and will be better to use it) and I will help you with that.

Before starting using of recording feature of ShareX, I was using Bandicam but the only problem with it that it's not free while ShareX is free and even open source. Also, as I know a lot of staff members and normal people on Mineplex use OBS or NVIDIA Shadowplay (which works only with rather new NVIDIA video cards). And yeah, as was told above, all these programs don't offer you a feature to auto-uploading videos and you have to do that manually which will take some time.

I hope you learned something from my post and will get this information for usage.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  4. OBS

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  5. I use the program for shooting << Bandicam >>. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to purchase it, and you will have to use other programs. And I also suggest using the <<ShareX>> program. Of course, I am not the first to write this, but I would like to note that if you already had experience in filming, then you can quickly understand the program. And even if not, you can ask for help here and they will help you with joy :D

Posted Feb 17, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 17, 2020
    Strafer303 likes this.
  6. I personally prefer using "OBS streamlabs". It has a such amazing quality and easy options, all you have to do is just set it up and you will be good to go. You can easily record with a press of button and start recording right away, you can even stream with it easily with good and fancy looking widgets that will help you to look cool and neat. If you have more questions don't hesitate to DM me :)

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    xEspe0n and Strafer303 like this.
  7. I've been using ShareX a lot, and I really love it so much! I can be able to capture anything on my PC. I can also use this software to record the in-game too. I recommend you try out ShareX and I want to keep using it everyday!

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    Evgeen likes this.
  8. I use OBS because it's so simple to use than others in my opinion.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    French_Inhale likes this.
  9. Hey! Personally I use Elgato Game Capture. However, for that, you need an Elgato Capture Card. So, before I had that I used OBS. I used OBS because it's simple to use and setup and is user-friendly in my opinion. But, I'd also recommend ShareX because of the reasons people have said above. Just try them out and see which one you like the best.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    Strafer303 likes this.