• 1975 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11888 Players Online
  • 9913 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Better report replies

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Offline, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From the experience of reporting players, I think staff members who handle forum reports should write better replies rather than copy-pasted replies. I get that this might add a minute at max to doing these reports but if people are willing to take the time to record and report, they should at least get a "this is why it was denied." You shouldn't have to dm the staff member for a reason.

Posted Oct 23, 2020
    mab8400 and Paladise like this.
  2. I’m not entirely against this suggestion and I get that some players may be confused as to why their report was denied, but you also have to remember that there are a lot of players that submit reports through the forums. Some denial reasons could require more in depth responses than others. So it’s best to just dm the RP member who denied it. Even if some do give you a response as to why it was denied, you may not be satisfied with that response and might go out of your way to Dm them anyway.

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  3. I don’t think this work work very well, the macro in place is way easier than having to type the full explanation for each report and why it was denied, and it additionally is very useful when summing up why it is your report was denied, whilst an RP member typing the reason why that report specifically was denied would take way too much work too do, as there are a variety of reports that are submitted each day. I don’t really see the issue with DMing an RP member about the report, as you’re able to get much more insight on why the report was denied and it’s not difficult to PM them about it. I don’t find myself DMing the RP member who handled my report too much anyway, as the macro does give a description as to why the report was denied, just not for that specific report, which I think is quite enough, but as I mentioned before you can always DM the RP member if you’d like to know more about the report. RP members can include more information on the report if they feel is necessary, but it isn’t a requirement. In conclusion, I think the system we have in place is fine as it is and I wouldn’t want to change it -1

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  4. The responses are automated when accepting/denying reports, this increases response time to reports and ensures we get through reports swiftly. There are times when RP/A members will edit their responses slightly in order to provide extra information regarding the situation, so to an extent, we already do some of what you are suggesting. I do not agree with making totally customised report responses for every report, it's just additional time being spent writing out a response when we could be answering other reports. Our DMs are always open, so we're happy to answer any questions the community has on their reports! Either way, the main reason we deny reports is for the evidence not being sufficient (so perhaps they were not breaking any rules or something like that).

Posted Oct 23, 2020
    JREric, hkq, WowCaleb and 5 others like this.
  5. ur so smat hehe ;)

Posted Oct 23, 2020
    syrenical and xGetRekted like this.
  6. Personally, I'm not a big fan of this idea. Not many people PM me about denied reports. I'd say for every 10 reports handled 1 out of those 10 might message me asking about the denial. I'm all for explaining the reason as to why they were denied; however, at the end of the day, it just saves more time we can put towards handling more reports as quickly as possible. I'd be more worried about getting potential rule-breakers punished faster than to inform each and every player who may or may not care about why their report was denied. That may just be my opinion though. I can see why it'd be preferred that we make personalized messages, but I feel that it's just unnecessary. It takes less than 45 seconds to PM the staff member who denied your single report as to where adding a personalized message can take anywhere between 1-3 minutes per report for us. That does add up to a lot at the end of the month.

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  7. Though the reason why this shouldn't be implemented has been stated quite eloquently by the staff members and players above, I would also like to chime in agreeing with all of them. I understand it can be frustrating or annoying to not know why a report you worked hard to write up is denied without specifics, but the current system is currently the best in my opinion, as it is quite easy to message the individual that denied your report and get an in-depth message about why it was denied. I have made many reports and had some denied, and I have never had a need to ask about why it was denied; I've even been given custom messages sometimes with a little explanation beyond the normal automated one about denials.

Adding custom denial messages, as seen on many other suggestion threads for things other than reports, simply adds a lot of work to the staff team and will end up causing reports to be looked at later and slow the entire process down, which is definitely something that is not preferable. Thus, even though your suggestion has some merit, I do not think it will be accepted. Thanks for suggesting though!

Posted Oct 24, 2020
    anna ♪ and Paladise like this.
  8. My experience personally is that the ones who deny it typically give a reason why, granted that reason is very short. It is also a internal process, they don't really have to tell you as sometimes it is based on a opinion and what they see in that short clip that you might not. Not giving the full reason has probably avoided long strings of angry pms, and staff harassments.

Posted Oct 24, 2020
  9. Due to the high number of reports we receive, it would be impossible to outline the specific rejection reason for every single one. The reality is that some players will submit a report and they won't really care about knowing why it was denied if that happened to be the outcome - they would likely just accept it was denied for a valid reason and wouldn't feel the need to inquire further. There are probably players who submit a report and don't come on the forums again for months. What I'm trying to get across here is that there isn't really any point in explaining the in-depth rejection reason (if that's even a possibility for us to do depending on the nature of the rejection) to players who simply didn't ask and don't care. In that time we could have been processing more reports and issuing punishments out faster.

When someone messages me and asks about why their report was denied, I always try to be as detailed as possible in my response because they genuinely want to improve their knowledge surrounding the rules and reporting guidelines. I can't speak for every other member of RP, but if I were to put in the same level of effort for every report I deny then I would lose out on a lot of time. I just don't feel like it's necessary to do this when some mightn't even think to look at the message. Macros are convenient and even though they can be vague, for some people, they'll tell them all they want to know.

The report simply being rejected can tell you a lot. What I mean by that is if your report is rejected by RP using the standard reject macro, you already know that's something's wrong with your evidence. If you look back over it, you might just be able to work it out for yourself. I'm not saying this should be an alternative to messaging the RP member as you are always welcome to, but it's often good to learn how to reflect on those screenshots/videos and see why they aren't sufficient for punishment. Were there clear signs of lag in that hacking video? Wait, that was a Severity 1 chat offence I reported - are there enough instances of rule-breaking? Improving your knowledge surrounding the reporting guidelines, with or without our help, will benefit you greatly.

In conclusion I'm not that partial to this suggestion. Sometimes if the report rejection reason is not that straightforward, I will edit the automated response the macro included and add a two or three-line description as to why it was denied. There are other RP who do this too, so it's not like we don't have the option to give more information if we want to. I just don't think it should be required. Thanks for the suggestion though - I do apologise for any frustration and confusion you might've had with denial reasons and we will always do our best to help you out should you need it.

Posted Oct 24, 2020
    Fusafez, EnderGamer and anna ♪ like this.
    • Necro Posting
    There is nothing swift about reports. Mine havent been answered all day

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Hubaa and mab8400 like this.
  10. The Reports Patrol usually doesn't have a lot of reports pending, although Bedrock reports may take slower due to less RP members coming from that platform. A chat report I made two hours ago was accepted within the first minute of it being posted. I would call that pretty swift.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  11. I would be heavily against it, like 90% of the time the copy/pastes can explain the reports. Most of the time, it is in depth explanations that can't be explained that required to be DMed about anyway. This would severely slow down reports patrol and barely please anyone.. as ppl DM regardless of a reason. They are just mad that their report was denied and won't accept no as an answer.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  12. I assume you play Bedrock mostly, considering the character linked to your account. Bedrock reports naturally take longer to get responded to, simply because there aren’t as many Bedrock staff members. There’s nothing really to be done about that, and Bedrock staff members do their best to answer as many reports as possible. From my experience on RP, there are lots of Bedrock reports that come in, and with a limited amount of Bedrock staff, unfortunately they don’t get handled as swiftly as Java reports do.

In response to the OP, I don’t think this is a great idea. On the old website, we actually had to type our own responses and often times it was very inefficient. The macro we use now speeds up the process. I agree that sometimes a report denial can be vague, but all you have to do to find out why it was denied specifically is to message the RP member (some RP members include why it was denied in their response, but in the case that they don’t, it’s best to just message them).

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  13. Why the heck do you need to be a bedrock staff to recognize someone is LITERALLY flying around on your server in pvp?? No excuses. Especially bad ones

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  14. Because Java and Bedrock have separate staff teams. Java staff cannot use moderation commands on Bedrock and vice versa. I recommend you to familiarize with how the Mineplex staff team works before criticizing; I'd be glad to provide any information you're curious about as a former staff and Reports Patrol member.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    xUmbreon and anna ♪ like this.
  15. @Thenorn staff on this server are bad and that's undeniable. i see some staff members doing their job especially well (maybe you could have been one) but the fact 3 people report flashflyers or bhoppers and stuff on cans and he ain't get banned for 30 minutes and when he does its gwen. is absurd and bs

Posted Nov 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.