• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6996 Players Online
  • 4106 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Block Hunt Changes

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by mab8400, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Hi, it has come to my attention that ESP/hitbox abuse are nearly impossible to ban because a player has to self-report. My suggestion; albeit a bit disappointing, would be to remove leaderboards and give less exp/shards/gems for this game. Why? Because this GM is too easy to exploit and get away with. You might contest "People worked hard for their leaderboard ranks!" Well, we don't know who is legit and who isn't; and cannot know. I was recently in a game with an all time high player who quite obviously used hitbox/ESP WHILE a staff was watching and saw it happen. The player went STRAIGHT to the block I was hiding in at the last 10 seconds of the game, after moving through multiple rooms and quite literally a quarter or third of the map. However, they STILL cannot ban, because the use of ESP is undetectable even when obvious. Let me know what you think.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    SummerIsFun2 and Mitchy like this.
  2. Well hello,

I absolutely do not agree in anyway what so ever with this idea being that that would provide an unbalanced system and would cause the game to lose it's popularity. As someone who has favored this game since it first was introduced, I understand the frustration of having your game ruined by Espers, although hitboxes I don't really care about because hitboxes have been a learning tool for me. Rather than constantly using hitboxes I constantly turn it off and on to train my memory of places that house hiders.

Anyways, by just putting a dent in the stats and outright removing the blockhunt leaderboards, you ruin the entire game in a much more severe way than hacking. If Mineplex were to do that, the competition would be lost and interests would change. I'd still play, just not as much as I used to.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  3. You literally just admitted that you have used hitboxing as an unfair advantage.....
    What's the point? Who's the best esper of them all?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2019
  4. Guys I’m gonna paint my house length density diameter diameter length diameter diameter width diameter density diameter diameter vertical width diameter diameter density diameter width diameter density length density diameter density length density density width diameter diameter length diameter diameter density width length width diameter width length width vertical width width diameter length density diameter diameter density density length density diameter width length diameter density width length

Posted Oct 28, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 26, 2020
  5. Nerfing the rewards certainly isn't the way to go to deal with this problem.

Let me differentiate what you call 'the hit box problem' from 'the esp problem'. Hitboxes, triggered by doing F3+B, are a built-in-the-game feature of minecraft. Anyone is able to use them without having to modify in any way their client. Thus, these are completely legitimate, and allowed in BH, no matter if you self-report or not. Hitboxes do not always appear around blocks, and they can easily be made useless by simply morphing as an animal or infesting a block.

On the other hand, ESP is another story. ESP is a hack, thus it's disallowed. The problem is that it is client-side only, so it cannot be detected by the anti-cheat per se. However, some extreme cases are very obvious, yet RC categorically refuses to make it bannable (even though you could provide 12h long footage of some people going straight to animals, blocks and infestors). The BH community has tried to discuss different method which could lead to make ESP bannable in a way that isn't a self-report, but there hasn't been any progress. We are all very annoyed by ESPers, especially since the problem has been around for years, yet no one seems to care about it being fixed. The good news is GI has plans in order to block the hack, however it will surely take a bit of time as it would require a lot of development time and a Block Hunt update already happened somewhat recently.

As for the leaderboard issue you brought up, I completely agree that some people do not deserve to be on there. The one which is probably the most affected is the hunter wins leaderboard. However, just ignore the 5 first people on there, and you get the legit leaderboard (more or less, idk about the 4th one, haven't been in their game for ages). Hopefully, the issue will get sorted in a future update!

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  6. Using hitboxes (F3+B) is a part of Vanilla Minecraft and is not considered an unfair advantage since all players have access to it. It's completely allowed for players to use hitboxes to help them locate others.

As far as the OP goes, I just don't see this happening because of the amount of players that play this game legitimately. It wouldn't be fair to our players that love the game and work hard to perform well to not be rewarded like they would in any other game. I think it would just turn those players off that are playing fairly even more if they received less rewards. I know a lot are already upset with the amount of tracers and such that ruin the game and with the staff team having little control with preventing. I wish I could say that this would solve the issues, but I just don't believe it would and would only hurt the Block Hunt community further.

I think we could be more proactive about dealing with players that are on the leaderboards that are caught using ESP or other clients, especially when being punished for it on multiple occasions. We could maybe have a way to reset their stats or remove them from the leaderboards, but that's assuming they ever will actually be caught in the act and seems unlikely.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    MarvellousMatt likes this.
  7. I mean, I wouldn't expect ESP to be obsolete within a year. It should probably be dealt with within like 5 years since BH didn't get its MAJOR updates for several years, sooo yeah. But eventually, it should be taken care of.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  8. What is this point of being a block then? People will always find you. Infestor kit is an achievement kit so it is unlikely that most people will have it. Chickens are already the main entity in these games so I guess your point has reasoning. Yet, shouldn't they just rename it to Mob Hunt?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2019
  9. Same, I never use hitboxes. It’s quite lame in my opinion. I USE ESP! And you vant ban me

Posted Oct 28, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 26, 2020
  10. Block Hunt should remain Block Hunt. Most Espers just use esp and are quite poor at pvp. If you stand dead center you can't be exposed by Hitboxes, and if you practice you can combat Espers.

The key is to practice. I take the frustration of Espers and use it as a lesson. To me it's like any virus. You get a shot to stop it. What's in that shot is the exact same thing that is harming you, it's just dead. Treat Espers like a virus and you'll be better.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  11. It should be Bawk Bawk Hunt honestly
    It should be called Bawk Bawk Hunt honestly; most people are just chickens; which is quite ironic based on the name of the game. Espers are usually using other hacks as well, so being bad at pvp is not usually the case for me. Even if they were bad, they still expose a spot and lead other hunters to it.
    --- Post updated ---
    -snip-

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 28, 2019
  12. I totally agree, its in vanilla Minecraft there's nothing that could be possibly done to counter this and punish them unless they personally admit to it, and in regards to XP rewards etc it would be unfair to punish the regular players who don't use ESP especially as people generally enjoy the game and should be rewarded for winning or playing well.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  13. True, and even if someone is using ESP and is recording themselves, it is still possible for them NOT to be banned.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  14. Yeah, this problem sucks. Block Hunt is annoying when you have no chance whatsoever. That being said, I don’t think there’s a lot that can be done about this situation unfortunately.

Like many people have said, removing the leaderboards is just not the way to go. First of all, it’s based off of hider wins which has nothing to do with the supposed ESPers. Second of all, decreasing the amount of rewards given would serve a bigger purpose that you think. It would singlehandedly make the entire Block Hunt community more mad that it already is and I just don’t see it as the way to go. As for other methods of deterring or removing ESPers, I’m not sure. I just think that these are not the best ways to do so.

School is starting so I’m sorry this post isn’t as detailed as I could make it be.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  15. I was told by some people in the top 10 leaderboard that the way infestor used to work combatted ESP. Something to do with them being a solid block until they were hit once (so you would have to spam hit blocks as hunter) and not appearing in the tab player list? I'm not entirely sure how it worked but if that was how it worked for all kits, not just infestor, would that fix the issue or not?

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  16. I just hate how some people can ESP, and even RECORD themselves doing it, yet Mineplex is too "incompetent" to ban them, even when they have the resources to do so. I am not hating on Mineplex, just merely pointing out that they can relatively easily deal with ESPers.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  17. And the incessant amount of hunter-hider teaming that goes on is blowing my mind. I mean, it's totally fine to play with friends and all, but you shouldn't be able to compromise other's enjoyment and ruin the game for others. The ratio's keep getting messed up in games because 1 or 2 of the hunters are just friends of the hiders. Not to mention the fact that they PURPOSELY block shots, huddle around hiders(to prevent other hunters from seeing them) and so on. If I report these instances, they get rejected for *insufficient evidence* which is complete you-know-what. Change is needed if Mineplex want's to grow and have their playerbase enjoy the games/community.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2019