• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8103 Players Online
  • 5213 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Block Hunt Consistency

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Overdog, Jun 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!

I'd like to state an issue I found with Block Hunt, I don't really consider this much of a bug, due to it being so small and just a color issue, but I feel this should be added to improve the consistency of the network.

[​IMG]

As you all know, the good ol' default message is...
    Game> Test!

However, as you can see, it's white then yellow, then gray. That is definitely not consistent. This is a QoL change, but shouldn't it be blue, then gray, then yellow, then gray? That's what I think, as pretty much every other message isn't like that.

Maybe I'm seeing things, hope to see your opinion! :P

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  2. I don't think I ever noticed that before, you OCD must be rather strong!
    If this can be easily fixed, I'm all for it, I feel like I won't be able to ignore it now that I have seen it... xD

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  3. Haha, as a developer, those are the things I look out for. And somehow, i brought that to Mineplex, lol.

Anyways, this can be easily fixed, it's just a few letters and a few spaces, with a plus sign and you'd be good to go!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2019
  4. It seems kinda unnecessary to take a "large" step for such a minor detail. I get you feel a bit out of your comfort zone with this issue, but I bet it won't get fixed anytime soon.

Edit:I actually like the contrast of blue, gray and white, but if you and others are annoyed by it, the Developers might as well take a shot at it! The only thing they couldn’t do is change the blue “game.” Also the yellow kinda symbolizes what it is actually.

Posted Jun 2, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 3, 2019
  5. It isn't a large step though? It's just a line of code, I'm sure if it's seen it'll be fixed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2019
  6. "It do not matter" - Lil Uzi Vert

Posted Jun 3, 2019
    avae and Pillars like this.
  7. I don't see why this wouldn't be done, it seems like it'd literally take around five minutes to fix, possibly less I know nothing about coding.

Posted Jun 3, 2019
  8. Hey there!
    Although this is a small fix, it'll probably help make the chat seem a little more neat. This seems like a small fix to the color hex so I certainly don't see why this idea could be a possibility. Great eye though, I don't think I've noticed this myself. Keep it up!

Posted Jun 3, 2019
  9. Yep, like I said above, it should only take around a minute to fix this. Unless they’re tired, it should be like forty five seconds.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 3, 2019
  10. Hi!

Sorry for the awfully late response.

Unfortunately, Game Insights has denied this idea, and here is our justification for doing so:
    • Unnecessary - no real reason to have this changed.
    • Would be disliked for people who are used to it.
    • Adds a bit of variety in the statement - draws attention to the key part of the statement
    As such, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thank you for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied by GI

Posted Aug 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.