• 322 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6105 Players Online
  • 5783 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Block Hunt's Issues

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by DiamondCrafterYT, Jul 30, 2021.

1. So all mineplex players know of the popular game block hunt, where you camouflage yourself with other blocks to avoid getting found by the seekers. This game is definitely fun and for sure makes your blood boil on how intense and how close you can get in the game. However, some of the mechanics are just straight up unfair, and that goes for both sides. So I think I should start off by addressing the hiders problems first.

Now as a hider you have to blend in with the environment and hide from the seekers. You'd think it would be easy right, but no it's not. It's all fun and games still someone pulls out the detector kit or the kit that can sense nearby objects. And what that class does is it will make a noise when a player is close to you. And I cannot tell you how unfair that is. Like, seekers with that kit will find every hider in the game with that kit. It's impossible to win if someone has that. And you can't even run either because they will see you and kill you on sight. Now I get they tried to balance it as best as they can by giving them light armor and a wood sword. But that doesn't stop them. They still kill you instantly. And I get that sometimes its hard for seekers to find hiders hiding. But like they made the kit so easy to get. Like to get it, you need to pay 5000 gems. Because of that every single player can get that kit so easy. A kit this overpowered feels like a kit that should be unlocked by achievements instead of gems. Because once someone brings this out, it's all over. A way you could've balance this kit is if it told you what blocks are currently hiding. That way it's more fair for seekers to win. Or maybe add a cooldown to the kit because it seems unfair how they infinity can use it just by holding it. That kit kinda ruins the game and the point of a hide n seek minigame. I understand it's just making the game fair, but not really fair to the hiders.

Now as a seeker you have to find all the blocks that are hiding amongst other blocks. Now being a seeker is easier said than done. The only reason I say that is because of the maps. Now the maps are fantastic, the builders deserve all the credit for the map making. The build team never misses (don't take this the wrong way, it means I love their builds). However, the maps are too big. And in a hide n seek type of game, you have to look everywhere. And I mean everywhere! And because of the huge map it makes it difficult for seekers to find the hiders. Now some might say, just use kits it makes things easier. Now the tnt kit is an exception, but the detection kit ruins the point of hide n seek. I get it's there to help seekers, but it's way too overpowered and easy to get. But about the maps, they are big making it hard for them to spot hiders easily. And because of this, a lot of players get discouraged when they become a seeker and wont want to play as it. This also makes it hard for seekers, the less the seekers the more harder it is. I don't really have an idea on how that could be fixed, but I'd suggest fixing the kits.

I feel like block hunt isn't the most fair of game for either side so it most certainly deserves an update. But who knows, maybe it'll get fixed.

Posted Jul 30, 2021
  2. In bedrock, block hunt seems to be somewhat balanced in my opinion. Radar hunters can be easily countered using bows. However, I can see this being a problem for console players. To counter radar hunters you must have a quick reaction for it. I would recommend using instant hider kit if you are a console/mobile player.

You did make a good point about radar hunter being cheap. It does deserve to be an achievement kit. The present achievement kit, called the Taser kit, is probably the worst hunter kit to exist. So I'd recommend Mineplex to swap these kits.

Block Hunt in Java however is super unbalanced. Hiders always seem to be winning until one singular group of skilled Hunters start hunting. I would blame on the hider kits being somewhat too op compared to hunter kits. But I won't be talking about this because this topic has been discussed quite a lot of times and nothing has happened.

Posted Jul 30, 2021
  3. Just get shocker kit and get a few hits with arrows earlier in the Game, and it should be easy to take out any radar hunters you see

Posted Jul 30, 2021
  4. I have to disagree with you on the radar kit being too overpowered. The radar kit plays a major role in finding the remaining hiders, especially with the larger maps. Without this kit, there is no way to detect which blocks are hiders unless the hunters are using esp. The chain armor and wooden sword the radar kit is equipped with balances it out and allows hiders to counter their attacks. While it is harder to find hiders on certain maps, I do not believe they should be revamped to a smaller size.

Posted Jul 30, 2021
  5. Like I said, I see they were trying to balance it, but for Java it doesn't matter. They'll still kill you if you run or not. People with that kit are looking for sound, not actual players. Like your supposed to be looking in a hide n seek game. I say it needs to be nerfed or harder to get. Or at least add a cooldown so you can't use it all the time.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 30, 2021
  6. I have to agree with @Mwry here about radar kit. Hunter kits are most balanced compared to hider kits. In fact, if any change is required it would be for hider kits to make it balanced.
    This is how Block Hunt works in Mineplex. It was not meant to be an exact copy of how hide n seek works, just a similar version of hide n seek.

Posted Jul 31, 2021
  7. Understandable, just felt weird to me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 31, 2021
    Tanish_ likes this.
  8. I agree with everything here.

Posted Aug 2, 2021
  9. with the recent removal of the f3+b bug, the radar kit has become essential to the game and is not in any way overpowered due to how little damage the kit can take, and the damage it deals. it's perfectly balanced and with the new changes to the game removing the kit would make the game almost impossible especially on maps like Atlantis.

Posted Aug 4, 2021
  10. As radar main, the radar sometimes drives me insane. Also, Hyper Axes exist and are easier to get than it seems. I actually think that Hiders have an advantage over Hunters, because Hiders will almost always have the first "turn". Not only that, but the Hunter may not even realize where the Hider is, allowing the Hider to have another "turn", and another, and another, getting their axe upgraded and upgraded without much punishment.

Posted Aug 9, 2021