• 1050 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5286 Players Online
  • 4236 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned BlockHunt Spectator Mode

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Callum5771, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, It's time this issue was addressed.

Everyone knows that you get an infinity bow on BlockHunt, and some people with hacked clients abuse this by activating a hack called "fastbow" which easily allows them to stun their opponent and upgrade their axe at an insane speed, leaving the hunter with no chance. As I do try to help out in the StaffRequest community as a player, I've found that when I'm recording evidence for this hack, it's always declined as the username of the player that is hacking isn't visible, as it's blockhunt. This makes recording evidence of these type of hackers impossible and they are only dealt with if a staff member is online.

I think that in order to address this issue, the name-tags of players should be visible if you're in spectator mode, in order to easily identify trouble-makers and make reports a-lot easier for the Reports Patrol team and the player reporting.

I hope this helps make Mineplex even better!
    Callum5771.

Posted Feb 1, 2019
  2. Hey!

As a player, I can imagine that it's causing problems, but, is it really necessary?
    Usually when you see someone hacking and killing someone, doesn't the kill pop out in chat?
    I mean it used to but in some games i've noticed that you get an announcement that you killed someone but it isn't actually visible to everyone. If the feature of kill announcement in chat is removed I do agree with this idea for adding the name-tags above hiders.

Have a nice day!:gwen:

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  3. Hello there, buddy! I have actually recorded some Block Hunt fast bow users! All of them has have been accepted so far. What I usually try to do is come very close to the hacker and then left click with the compass in my hand to show where the hacker is. I do this a few times so the Report Patrol's member which views my report knows who the hacker is.

Have a great day <3

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  4. Problem solved, you are trainee now.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
    xOeuf and Callum5771 like this.
  5. I don't see where the problem is here. If you're a spectator, just hold the compass in your hand and go nearby that player... His name will display above the hot bar, as well as the distance he's at from your position. If you record them fastbowing while holding the compass, the report should be accepted (it works for me, so it should work for everyone else...). I'm not really wanting to see name tags in spectator mode though. I'm afraid that while adding this they would break some stuff which would probably not get fixed in years. It's not worth the risk for such a tiny issue which has a simple solution.
    Also about the 'kills that everyone is able to see in chat issue', yes they got removed, but it appears to be bug. I hope they fix it soon, but considering there is still some stuff broken from the BH update 6 months ago (mainly incorrect/weird hunter/hider ratio), I'm not expecting it to be done any time soon. I hope I'm wrong though!

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  6. I know you guys are saying to use the compass which I agree with, and @Waspter did the thing I tried to do (which got declined when I tried, but I was probably unclear) so yeah, if that works then there's no problem.

Requesting Thread To Be Locked / Problem Addressed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 6, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 20, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  7. Hey!

Sorry for the late response.
    Unfortunately, Game Insights has decided to deny this idea. Here is our reasoning:
    • Fast bow has been patched and as such is not an issue in Block Hunt anymore.
    • We want to eliminate means for players to ghost as a spectator - have planned to reduce spectator abilities in the game already - adding name tags would just contribute to the ghosting problem and is not what we are going for.
    • Would make ghosting more on par with ESP.
    As such, I will be marking this as "Not Planned" as well as locking this thread.

Thank you for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied by GI

Posted Aug 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.