• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8514 Players Online
  • 5624 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bomb Lobbers back on compas?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Franceq, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Nowadays, Mineplex players often want to play Bomb Lobbers but it's not there on compas, only if you click right click on Mixed Arcades. I suggest You should add Bomb Lobbers back to compas because I and other players agreed that Bomb Lobbers will have more players then some other mini-games like Dragon Escape. Well, those games which are on the compas are probably Mineplex OG games with most players, but Bomb Lobbers always had more players than those games. You should give it a try, maybe some players will be back playing on Mineplex. Please think about it.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  2. While Bomb Lobbers may have garnered some players it wasn't enough players to keep the game. However, you are still able to play it on a private server that Legends+ can create.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Flalen™ likes this.
  3. To add on to this I recommend suggesting this in https://www.mineplex.com/forums/general-idea-discussion.327/ as the Help section most likely won't get the discussion you're looking for.

Best Regards,
    - Fallen

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  4. Hello!
    There is actually a bomb lobbers on the compass. It is entitled “mixed arcade”. Bomb lobbers is apart of the Mixed Arcade rotation, and to play it you have to wait for the game to cycle through. I’m sorry you find this inconvenient. I hope I answered you question!

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  5. As stated above, Bomb Lobbers is part of the Mixed Arcade game rotation and is not it’s own game, therefore it is on the compass, just under Mixed Arcade (Along with Dragon Escape, One In The Quiver, and Gladiators. If you’d like to suggest things in the future, I suggest you do that in the idea discussion/game discussion. Hope this helped!

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  6. Hey,

Bomb Lobbers isn't it's own game and is part of the Mixed Arcade Rotation, just like Gladiators.

Best,
    xFlattered

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  7. you can play it outside of mixed arcade ...

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  8. Heyo!

I'd love to see bomb lobbers return, however, I see the game lacking players which cause a long wait when you queue for the game. As someone who loves the game, we luckily are able to play it in Mixed Arcade which is good, and in my opinion, I think it should stay there due to the possibility of the game lacking players and then causing a longer waiting period.

Also, if you have an idea please post it in the ideas section of the forums!

Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  9. Hello. This idea has already been suggested in the past. https://www.mineplex.com/threads/add-bomb-lobbers.83682/#post-301840 On the thread, a member of the ideas team said that the game can be played in three places: MPS, bomb lobbers servers (/sv BL-X), and Mixed Arcade. Because of this, there is no reason to bring back its own individual portal as the game does in fact exist.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  10. Heyo!
    So first off this thread has a duplicate, since the thread here has been posted too, but I guess that was just to add it to the mixed arcade rotation. Like @Vytas stated, you can play Bomb Lobbers, in private player servers, that Legend+ ranks can create, but that's only helpful to you if you're willing to purchase a rank and also support the server at the same time. But other than that, I hope your idea gets implemented, because I was definitely a huge fan of Bomb Lobbers. Other than that, there's really not much to say...
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  11. Hey! Like a few people have mentioned the game would probably be lacking players and because of that, it would take a while for the game to start. However, I do think bomb lobbers is a good game it's a simple and quick game that you can play if you have nothing else to do. You can still play it in the mixed arcade and inside an MPS (which you will need to become a LEGEND or above to host). Personally, I don't think this should be added to the compass because of the reasons said above.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  12. Bomb Lobbers was actually brought back briefly some time ago but it failed to attract many players as a stand-alone game. This is a huge red flag to keep Bomb Lobbers within Mixed Arcade and MPSs because the player count is still quite similar to how it was a few months ago. Proportionally, it would get very few players.

I have not collected any statistics on the player retention of certain games but making an educated guess, Dragon Escape most likely had more games running that Bomb Lobbers, hence why it still owns an NPC. I cannot guarantee this is why since I do not have access to anything on the back-end but my rationale is very likely.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  13. I’ve seen many threads wanting to bring back a certain NPC for a gamemode and Bomb Lobbers has definitely been something I’ve seen come up quite a lot in the past. If we had a bigger playerbase for Mixed Arcade and also MP in general, I could totally see a possibility of bringing back a few Arcade NPC’s. However, with our current state, it doesn’t seem realistic to bring them back. We actually released Bomb Lobbers as a NPC for a bit when the old lobby was brought back last year and there surprisingly wasn’t many lobbies filling up. Even then, I feel like it’s better in Mixed Arcade as more games and specially unpopular games get to be played often.

We don’t have any plans on reimplementing specific NPC’s for Arcade gamemodes at the moment. Personally I’d love to see Bomb Lobbers make a return but at least you can still play it in Arcade with a rotation of other games and also MPS if you are your friends are Legend+. I’ll be marking the thread as Not Planned.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  14. For bedrock I believe this will have enough players for its own NPC, the fact that bedrock has way more players than java, and many have said they would like it as it’s own game (me included) it would be nice for it to have a chance on its own, may not work well for java but bedrock it would definitely do well, it was doing well back when it was removed to mixed arcade, I believe it was moved to fall in line with the java platform.

Posted Jan 13, 2020