• 302 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3032 Players Online
  • 2730 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bomb Lobbers

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by vezay, Sep 6, 2020.

1. #BringBackBombLobbers

Posted Sep 6, 2020
    IHackedJake, Anna-Marie, 73GG and 5 others like this.
  2. My argument is that it's a great game and there's a competitive league for it that is going to die without an NPC!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 6, 2020
  3. I do agree this game should be brought back out of the Mixed Arcade NPC. But it's hard to show mp there's a player base for it. D: #ReviveBL

Posted Sep 6, 2020
  4. @lmaoluke YOUR FOUGHTS??!?! YOU DO HAVE 3K BL WINS AND ARE TEAM LEADER OF THE #1 BL TEAM

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 6, 2020
  5. @vezay hi x

i think that bomb lobbers could have its own npc, but mineplex's queue system is a disaster and needs to change beforehand!

i think mineplex should adapt a queue system similar to that of other popular servers such as hypixel. this would mean that players would be sent directly to game lobbies when queueing for a game to show that people actually want to play. often times i see multiple game lobbies that arent starting (for example 3 different lobbies, all 6/16 players) that dont get merged. at the same time, many players are queueing from main lobbies (or hubs) and nothing happens for sometimes minutes on end. this failure of a queueing system has lead many players to other servers that actually have decent functionality.

with that being said, if mineplex were to have a queue system that actually worked well, i think bomb lobbers could most definitely have its own npc + running lobbies. i think that death tag could also have them, but more importantly, i think that the mixed arcade game rotation would need to be completely randomized for either of these npcs to be implemented effectively. more often than not, individual lobbies of semi-popular games such as bomb lobbers, death tag, and one in the quiver do not start because its loyal players choose to hop MIN lobbies instead. i dont blame these players, as they can play their favorite game more often and enjoy it more without as many "sweats" in them. however, this widespread abuse of mixed arcade leads to npcless game lobbies almost completely dying. if any of them start (which is a rarity), the lobby is almost always made up of only very skilled players and dies out quickly.

in addition to this faulty queueing system, theres no point in adding a bomb lobbers npc while:
    - more often than not, players joining through the primary ip (mineplex.com) face extreme lag in the hub and have to disconnect and try again (+ joining through clans.mineplex.com has become a custom)
    - /hub often doesnt work and forces players to disconnect to leave a game
    - relatively new players get forced out of lobbies automatically upon dying and do not know how to prevent this action
    - various games dont appeal to new players (players walking in runner to win while they could actually be running in TNT tag, super spleef being melee based rather than actually spleef based like in other servers, champions gamemodes getting pub stomped + its skill sets are hard to understand + some of its achievements are in modes that dont start, etc...)
    - more issues

the list goes on. yes, i am offering a very critical viewpoint, but these things must be acknowledged. i care about mineplex and ignoring these issues doesnt do any good. i directed this thread to mineplex's overall state rather than just bomb lobbers, but i dont think there is a point in discussing bomb lobbers while there are many problems.

hire more devs! fix fundamental issues that have been in place for years! make the server actually appealing to newer players! pay popular youtubers to record mineplex content to attract more players! etc!

actual action has to be taken.

gonna end my rant here, but thanks for tuning in.

hugs and kisses,
    luke

Posted Sep 6, 2020
    Jaek, vezay and Kristo like this.
  6. I really agree this game should be revived somehow, I'm in a few coms that are for bomb lobbers but the one reason I think it should be revived is to bring back competition. In its current state, the game is very non-competitive and the teams are mostly one-sided. It can definitely be a fun game if you play with friends or just roll through the arcade games.

Posted Sep 6, 2020
  7. I agree, Bomb Lobbers definitely deserves its own npc. It is a really unique game and Mineplex needs to advertise it more.

Posted Sep 6, 2020
  8. bl used to be one of the most popular games and is actually so fun +1

Posted Sep 21, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  9. I agree that back when Mineplex had a much bigger playerbase, Bomb Lobbers was one of the funnest games to play. I believe that's the first game in which I got the achievement kit, so it does leave a lasting impression. However, I don't think Mineplex is in the current state to put the Bomb Lobbers NPC in hub. The last few months, when I have joined a BL game outside of MIN, there was ordinarily a party of leaderboard players on one team with some ok players on the other team. This clearly does not leave a lasting impression on new players who often die immediately. I can tolerate this because I find it fun to drag out games by 5 minutes dodging TNT in usual 2 or 3 v 1's. If Mineplex were to bring back the NPC in hub, it must be done in a way where new players will actually have an enjoyable time. Most of Luke's points are valid, but they don't deal with the issue directly. The most direct solution is to having a ranked system if it were to be brought back. I know it has been denied hundreds of times before, but it is the only way to ensure Bomb Lobbers doesn't die immediately after being brought back.

#ReviveBL

And do /com request BL for updates when Bomb Lobbers games are running!

Posted Sep 21, 2020
    Susie likes this.
  10. man, here in bedrock, mixed arcade was quit and replaced by that trash called sky block

Posted Sep 21, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  11. I would like Skyblock removed and replaced with BombLobbers or Mixed Arcade (Bedrock.) I never played BombLobbers on the Java edition. I usually play Block Hunt, Skywars, Cake Wars, and Gladiators (Java.) BombLobbers would be nice if it had it’s own separate portal for BOTH Bedrock and Java.

Posted Sep 21, 2020
    ReJoPlays(9501) likes this.
  12. #BringBackBombLobbers

Posted Sep 21, 2020
  13. I would also, it’s a Quick game but also long game that is very competitive

Posted Sep 21, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  14. actually bedrock had mixed arcade, but it was replaced by trash skyblock

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.