• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bows in Cakewars and Archer Kit

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Heaty, Dec 27, 2018.

?

Do you guys think the bow should be reintroduced to the Archer Kit in Cakewars?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Lets get this bread

4. Esketit

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Heaty

Heaty

Ever since the first update of Cakewars, it has all gone downhill. Since they've added leather armour, to since they've added ender pearl cooldowns. This really destroyed the game in my opinion. It was very fun infinitely enderpearl clutching away and barely winning 4v1 fights. But that's not what this post is about. This post is about archer kit and how useless it has become. The first time Cakewars came out most players used archer kit because it required atleast some skill, and was a good enough advantage if you were good at aiming. Now you see most players using frosting. Archer kit is one of the most underpowered and underused kits in Cakewars due to not spawning with a bow, as before. Bows in the game cost 12 bricks, and with those you could've boughten an iron sword and blocks to go to middle so it is not a very ideal weapon to buy in the beginning of a game. If you were to go into a Cakewars game as of today you will see players using frosting, warrior, and builder only. I feel as if Archer kit can counteract frosting kit thus making the pvp ground a little more equal considering as Frosting is seen as a problem right now due to it being overused and "overpowered". Archer kit has been neglected for too long and it's time it makes a comeback. What do you guys think?

Posted Dec 27, 2018
    JAEKUB likes this.
  2. PeytonSam

PeytonSam

Bows used to come with archer kit, but it was removed due to players not being able to build to mid cause archer kits would camp other people by shooting them off. I think this was a community choice? I'm unsure though, I would like to see archer kit receive a buff as well, perhaps make the kit have a bow but not receive arrows until a certain time in the game.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  3. hazeae24

hazeae24

Yo!

I have to agree with PeytonSam here. I am not a professional Cake Wars player, but I do classify myself as somewhat of a tryhard. In Cake Wars I main with the archer kit and I have no problem with not obtaining a bow when I spawn. I know there are different playing styles with Archer, but I personally play as a more passive Archer who protects the base. If you are trying to be a more aggressive Archer and use your bow while going out and defeating people I can see why you'd want a bow right off of spawn. However, obtaining a bow would be too overpowered in the very beginning since you could easily snipe players off that are trying to go to mid or other capture points. I don't really see this being necessary for Archer, but I can see your reasonings for wanting it implemented.

Posted Jan 10, 2019
    DepressedZom likes this.
  4. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

I completely agree. Archer kit is underused because it's the only kit you actually have to wait on the generator and buy something to use. A lot of people dislike the bow returning because of early game bridging, so why don't they just have a 30 second cool down at the beginning of the game for that kit like in sg. That way archer won't be "the trash kit", and people will also be able to get their initial bridges down. I also think that with the bow returning, it could serve as a good counter kit to frosting, which is a kit a lot of the community has trouble dealing with (apparently).

Posted Jan 10, 2019
    Aledai likes this.
  5. DepressedZom

DepressedZom

Sure you used to be able to get a bow with the kit, but it was removed for a reason which is listed above. In terms of a counter to frosting, just wait a little longer and collect 12 bricks and buy the bow. I don't see it as an essential item that you need right from the start of the game. However maybe add a change so that if you buy a bow once even if you die and lose your stuff you respawn with a bow for that game, meaning you only have to buy it once, because if you keep dying bows can waste a lot of resources.

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  6. Aledai

Aledai

Yo,

I agree that the Archer kit is a little under-powered at the moment. As PapiKirito already said, receiving a bow after a certain of time could really be helpful! I think it's really important that every team has a fair chance to get to mid or the beacons. I think Archer is a really overpowered kit if you're good at aiming so receiving a bow at the start of the game would be to overpowered. I hope we'll be able to make the archer kit interesting again!
    ,Peace

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  7. Frozone

Frozone

^^^^ @PapiKirito Archer is kind of universally known as the 'noob' kit in pub, if you will. Adding a 30 or 60 second cooldown & allowing the bow to stay in your inventory would actually make the kit somewhat usable. Though I, and I'm sure many others are going to stick to warrior (Frosting for others), the kit would actually have a purpose if they did that. Annoying, yes, but I see people complaining about frosting nearly every day on the forums so I don't see why it'd be an issue.

Posted Jan 11, 2019
    DepressedZom, PapiKirito and Aledai like this.