• 1354 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1354 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bridges "Berserker" Nerf

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Religion, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The leaps in the kit Berserker should only be regenerated with a kill (One kill = +1 Leap). It should not be based on damage dealt, as that provides almost infinite leaps and to extensively long games.

Posted Apr 13, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 13, 2020
  2. Hi!
    Berserker has been the subject to mass scrutiny over the years. Compared to the past, the kit has been easier to fight with its limited leaps. While I agree that it wasn't nerfed enough, I don't think that it needs to be nerfed this hard. The kit will become unviable.

Every kit has its pros and cons.
    With miner you can get insane amounts of armor, archer and appler can keep enemies away, brawler is just good at raw PVP advantage, and destructor is good for island basing or sky basing. With this being said, berserker has always been good due to its high mobility, and taking that away from the kit would overall kill it. I believe that 1 leap per kill would overall be too large of a nerf for the kit, so I propose that the number of hits needed to gain a leap increases, (5-8 hits) and long range combat via a bow will not give you hits towards your leaps. Additionally, punching players would not give you progress towards your leap, as this was never an intended feature anyways.

I don't agree with gaining leaps per kills, seeing as it usually takes a large amount of leaps to kill a player that's running. Sure, berserker can make games last a long time, but it can also shorten a few games when all your opponent does is run away. Gaining leaps for kills would overall be poor in my opinion, because it will never be set in stone. You can farm low armored players that are stuck in caves halfway through the game, compared to the current system where easy fights will reward you less leaps than difficult armored fights. The kit would become dried out and have no leaps nearing the end of the game, and it would almost be like not having a kit at all, which is my disagreement in your proposal.

Overall, I do think that the kit still needs some balancing, so I thank you for your suggestion.

Posted Apr 13, 2020
  3. Hi!

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, this idea has been denied by GI for the following reasoning:
    • With leaps being not infinite now, berserker kit has been brought down to be balanced quite a bit.
    • Leaps based off of kills promotes kill stealing and frequently can render the kit useless because of players never being able to get more leaps.
    • A lot of leaps are needed to catch up to people to kill them, getting one leap back doesn't really work in the long run.
    • Having leaps with the kit helps speed up the game end more than it does to prolong it in most cases where people decide to keep running.
    With this in mind, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.