• 642 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5844 Players Online
  • 5202 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bridges - Fisherman

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by otist, Jan 11, 2020.

?

Should the Fisherman kit be added?

1. Yes!

2. No!

3. Maybe with some changes (Please reply with the proposed changes)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As most of you may know, Bridges is one of the most iconic Mineplex games.
    However, it’s been years since it has seen a major update (Other than maps). So this is a good time to introduce a new kit.
    I believe this kit fits very well into the game, and has the potential to make Bridges popular again.

Introducing, FISHERMAN:

Upon starting the game, players who have selected the Fisherman kit will get a fishing rod.

Combat:

With this rod, players will be able to knockback their opponents.

This is a mechanic many players who love PvP are fans of. It gives potential for impressive combos, and makes the fights more interesting in certain aspects.

However, many of you who are reading this may be concerned about players with the Fisherman kit spamming the fishing rod. As pretty much all of us can agree, getting rod-spammed is very annoying.

To combat this concern, the rod Fisherman players are given upon the start of the game will have a low durability, making rod-spamming ineffective, as the rod will break within a short time.

In order to prevent players who use the rod as intended having their rods broken too quickly, each time a Fisherman gets a kill, his rod will gain a small amount of durability

Obviously, to prevent team-trolling, players with the Fisherman kit won’t be able to knockback players from their own team.

MISC:

Players with the fisherman kit will be able to cast their rods into water, and fish for stews.

This can serve as an alternative source for stews. This way of obtaining stews is especially useful for crowded games, where not enough mushrooms spawn, and teams struggle to supply all their players with stews.

There will also be a small chance of receiving low-tier items, such as iron armor and iron swords and axes.

Cost:

I believe this kit is very useful for high-skilled bridges players, and should be an Achievement kit. However, this can easily change according to the opinions that show in this discussion. If the majority of people decide it should be a buyable kit, I suggest a price of 6,000 gems.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  2. Personally, I think this kit would fit in great with Bridges! It's very similar, but very different from appler, providing a new playstyle. I would love to have this.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    jackkarle and otist like this.
  3. It's an interesting idea. Combat-wise, though, it seems a bit unnecessary as the Apple kit can be used to knock players back to the same effect. It may also cause an increase in skybasing/camping as players with the kit may choose to fish for items rather than fight. This could be annoying to some players and put them off the game.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  4. In my opinion, this kit is just what bridges needs!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  5. This would be the perfect addition to bridges, I cannot think of a single reason why this kit would not be amazing and perfect for improved bridges gameplay. Your implementation ideas of such a kit are astounding, even people who dislike the kit must admit that, as it is balanced, practical, and unique, perfect for an achievement kit or even a kit you pay for. I hope this gets added to bridges, it would provide something new and interesting, and give bridges the boost it needs for attracting new players to the game.

Anyone who dislikes this kit must have very strong reasoning to, its like a less broken version of appler + u can fish stew, something that is simply ingenious. I think even more could be added to the kit like an ability, perhaps the ability could heal durability for the rod and give ur next fish a chance for rarer items. Overall, I want nothing more than for this kit to be added in bridges, please add it I am begging you mineplex.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    otist and qdf like this.
  6. wow. Thanks for your support!
    And yeah, Mineplex should look into adding this

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2020
    jackkarle likes this.
  7. That’s a really cool idea! Maybe if they wanted too, they could also add a VERY low chance of getting another rod or a high-tier item

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  8. Hey there!
    I believe this is a great kit idea, as the explanation of it seems very balanced. Fisherman can counter other kits, but other kits could also counter it. It would be the perfect update for bridges since we haven't seen a kit update in a very long time.
    Overall, good post!
    +1

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  9. This would be the best kit

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    jackkarle likes this.
  10. I think that the addition to the Fisherman Kit would not only benefit other PvP styles in the BR community but would add a new meta to the BCL!

Not only that it could counter some other kits that are meta currently being Appler and Berserker. It can space out players and allow for some strategy with the PvP aspect of it. It could help out your team with grabbing stew from fishing which is extremely useful and unique! Making it breakable would make it more high risk and high reward kind of kit! Which it could only make the difference in gameplay, as I mostly play Berserker or Appler to play aggressive or to zone out the players that I'm fighting. Incorporating this kit would make the game more interesting and adding more playstyles that would make Bridges more unique! :)

Great idea, I like it a lot! +1 :)

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    jackkarle likes this.
  11. To be honest I don't think there would be much reason to use this kit when there is appler. Which can also be used to initiate combos and actually deals damage.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  12. I disagree, the fisherman kit would be an excellent addition to Bridges because unlike the apple kit, it has a limited durability that requires skill to refill and you're able to fish for items that can help you/your teammates.
    I really like the idea that you can fish for low tier items, it makes the kit unique and I believe it would benefit the gamemode! :D

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    jackkarle likes this.
  13. I think that this would bring back the spark in playing bridges! Bridges hasn't gotten a combat update in a long time and I think this would keep it interesting. :)

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    jackkarle and Dannnyy like this.
  14. You said it yourself, it has limited durability and requires kills to recharge. Which combat-wise, literally just makes it an inferior appler.

But yeah the fishing for items thing is definitely a cool idea, I do like that part.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  15. Hi there!

Out of all the other people above me I sadly just don't see this working.

This kit seems way to underpowered. If the rod has low durability and if you get no kills or your kill is stolen your rod will break leaving you with absolutely no kit whatsoever. I don't see this kit working as it just seems way to underpowered and I don't see anyone using it. I believe this kit would just die to quickly and would almost never be used. I like the aspect of fishing for stews and armor but this would just break the rod wouldn't it? Meaning you would have no rod for the player to use therefore making them have no kit. Overall I'll be giving this kit a -1. Thanks for hearing me out this idea was overall interesting and honestly I would love to see an update to bridges just not something like this.

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  16. The apples deal much less kb than a rod. Rods give potential for unique combos like rod-critting, while apples just keep the opponent in his location

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 12, 2020
  17. i think this is going to ruin my whole mineplex career, since i hate rods

I’m kidding, if that’s the case then i should just try rodding. and i like the concept of this kit you’re proposing, it’s kinda unique and it has multiple purposes: pvp and fishing. epic job :)))

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    otist likes this.
  18. I like it, but I would like if there was a way to upgrade it, for example: 7% of igniting a player or 20% of dealing a damage.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  19. hmmm this could actually work as a great kit, not gonna lie
    actually waiting for this to be added lol like it would probably change bridges a lot and there would be new strategies etc.
    hopefully the staff team will consider making it a real thing

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    otist likes this.
  20. What is rod-critting?

Posted Jan 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.