• 721 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 721 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

bridges

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by 842, Apr 18, 2020.

1. As a new player, I like the bridges. However, it is a bit overwhelming and hard for me to play. First of all, I can't really decide on a kit. I'm currently using brawler but I don't know if it's the best for me. So the first thing I want to ask is which kits do you guys use? In your opinion, what's the most powerful and efficient kit to win? And so speaking of wins, my second request is what's your strategy with this kit? Whichever kit you use, what's a good way to effectively use it to win?

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  2. Zerk

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  3. Hey!

I prefer the brawler kit, as you said, since you spawn with a diamond sword, and you get a couple advantages. For my strategy, I get myself an iron pickaxe, and continue mining until I either have full iron gear or iron gear with diamond gear mixed. And for the food, most of the maps have hay bales on the islands, so I use them to get bread. If not, I just get the animals and cook the meat so I can eat. My final thing is to go to the middle when bridges spawn as sometimes there could be diamond gear in the chests.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  4. I really like berserker. It lets you escape from stations where you might be caught with the leap and is also really good at the beginning because you can get wood really quick which is a necessity throughout the game. Recently, there was the nerf where you cannot just run around forever with infinite leaps, but it's not too bad since you're going to earn them back later when you continue to fight people. Other kits like miner are fine, but they don't provide a big advantage when playing the PvP aspect of the game, which is the more important part.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  5. I mostly play with beserker and miner; a lot of people say that miner is underated however I disagree. The kit is good for finding diamonds and getting full gear early on to gain an advantage, and sometimes leaves you with enough time to help your team to get diamonds too. Beserker is also one of my fave kit sas it lets you get away from fights that you're not going to win, say you're being chased and they're catching up you can leap away or attempt to leap out of water if someone is keeping you in there.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Kisme likes this.
  6. Beserker rushing has been the Meta for years and honestly still is even post-nerf to the kit. The only issue is you have to get a party or at least a few players on your team to do it with you. But yeah, if you can get 3-4 people on board and rush with beserk to mid or other islands right at bridge drop you can pretty easily wipe out the other teams.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Kisme like this.
  7. I honestly have played like 1 game of bridges. This is because I'm too fidgety of a person and can't stand mining stone for the first quarter of the game. And to play 1 game on Mineplex for 1 hour is too time consuming. I prefer doing many things in an hour like 20 minutes of Nano Games, another 20 minutes of Skywars, and another 20 minutes in Lobby-1 just chilling with players and having conversations with moderators. But, bridges is probably one of the best ways to gain exp so definitely play it!

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  8. I use miner kit. Im pretty confident in my pvp skills and as long as im with my team i shouldnt be ganked too hard so i dont use zerk or anything. Getting an armor advantage throughout the game is huge, especially at the very beginning. You can capture middle first and get tons of supplies and kill off all the non zerks while sticking with ur team so itd be easier to trap zerks later on. Food isnt a problem usually because theres always an appler or hay bales in the map so you can use that for now. Make sure to stock up on mushroom soup right before the game starts. From what ive seen, the only reason to use zerk is to get out of rly dangerous situations but i dont see a benefit to it in pvp.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    Kisme likes this.
  9. I prefer miner kit. The fact that you can get full iron armour in a few minutes is crazy. My strategy in game is to push with my team to mid and quickly rush other islands as there are always people still mining and do not see us coming.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  10. bruh full iron? Just get full dia. The miner kit ability is so op u can find so many diamonds. I found almost 2 sets worth of full dia in so many games

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  11. Hello there!

I recommend the miner kit for you because, in my opinion, it's the easiest kit to use for grinding full diamonds or full irons. I have always used the miner kit myself. I think that the best strategy is just simply to go with the team and avoid solo playing. Team chat is good for communicating with the team. You can use it by typing "#" before your message. Also, I have seen a lot of people use the berserker kit, I presume it's a good kit. All in all, choosing a kit is not the most difficult decision to make but you have many kits to choose from, which can make it a bit harder. However, I would like to wish you the best of luck in choosing the kit!

Have a nice day!

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    Kisme likes this.
  12. Hello There!

Bridges can become very chaotic when first starting out. The kit I'd recommend a new player would be Berserker due to the leap. The leap can save you from tough situations, and is a very fun kit to experiment with!

Toodles,
    -BrookMarie

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    23McLovin likes this.
  13. Hey,

I use berzerker kit. I wouldn't say the kit is the most powerful because all of the kits can be good in their own ways but it's very efficient for getting out of tough situations. The best strategy with this kit is to use it to get your way out of certain situations or to chase another player down who's running.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  14. Hey 842,

Welcome to Mineplex, by the way! I use the kit Miner a lot. It gives you haste and you can easily find ores with a click of a button! If you right-click a pickaxe, it'll direct you to the nearest ore that pickaxe is made of. Except for stone and wood. A stone pickaxe will direct you to coal. But an iron and a diamond pickaxe will lead you to their specific ores.

I also use the Bomber kit from time-to-time as well. It's one of those kits to where you can easily get surface diamonds pretty fast. I also like blowing stuff up in Minecraft and using this kit, I can do just that.

I hope to see you around, and maybe see you in a game of Bridges soon!

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  15. Hey, I typically use the miner kit. I find it is really easy to get full armor and in turn for my play style I feel like it is the best kit for me!

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  16. Thanks for the replies, i will experiment with some kits!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 20, 2020
  17. berserker is by far the best kit as it allows to you leap which can help you get out of fights when you're low, and chase people when they're low. Good luck experimenting these kits!

Posted Apr 20, 2020
  18. Yeah, berserker is definitely a kit to choose but make sure that you choose the kit that you find the best for your play style and do forget to read each kit's perks!

Posted Apr 20, 2020
  19. Hiya!

All kits have their benefits, but Appler is IMO the worst one to pick as there is no PvP bonus with this kit and you don’t lack food sources, especially once the newer maps.

I personally play Miner in newer maps to grab full Diamond armor from the start and continuously collect more Diamonds and Iron for my teammates (after the Bridges fall, you have access to the whole map to gather ores!) Follow your group and use your ability as often as possible. Sometimes, there’s Diamonds hidden right under the surface!

Berserker is the best overall kit IMO simply because of the PvP advantage of Leap. Chasing players around becomes a lot easier, and you can get out of harm’s way in a click. A group of 4 Berserkers with full Iron and Diamond Axes are a threat for any player of other teams.

Archer is incredibly good to pick off stragglers and to back up your allies who go with Melee kits, but you obviously need to be good with a bow. Sniping Skybasers is also a great perk of this kit: just make your own sky base and snipe them off.

Brawler is a decent kit that has obvious PvP-oriented boosts, and you get a Diamond Sword from the start but it doesn’t have the Berserker’s mobility.

Bomber really shines when you fight on the bridges themselves. Creating large death gaps and warding off rushers, as well as being able to reliably acquire enough resources for full armor and a Diamond Sword makes it a really nice pick.

Disruptor is, at first glance, quite underrated, but having the ability to annihilate Skybasers and create huge gaps on the bridges is just insane. It’s the Achievement kit for a good reason, after all.

I hope I helped!

Wooooochie

Posted Apr 20, 2020
    842 likes this.
  20. You helped me a lot too! Thank you so much :D

Posted Apr 20, 2020
    Clownzeh and 842 like this.