• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6831 Players Online
  • 3941 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

187 vote(s)
    82.7%
  2. Maybe...

25 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. No.

14 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. BRING BACK CS PLEASE! I only joined the MPs cuz I heard cs was fun then

-4 hours later-
    I DONT NEED SLEEP I NEED TO DEFEND THIS CASTLE

#allhailchiss
    #Bringbackcastleseige

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    GAM, Lord_of_Creeper, Fusafez and 6 others like this.
  2. Posted Aug 11, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 13, 2020
  3. Not sure why I'm still getting alerted with notifications from this thread....
    Anyways, Champions doesn't set that high of a bar, and games only take 10 players to start, so around 3 games, while yours take 20, according to the original thread, equaling around 2 games, so champions has more players proportionally. Just saying that before, it used to take 80 players to start a game....

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    GAM and Danese like this.
  4. It only took 40 players to start a game, 80 was just the max amount of players.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    GAM, Danese and miraclebuilder19 like this.
  5. I remember the max being 100, with that being said I might have been wrong, I'm pretty sure it used to start at 60.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  6. I know when the game was first made it needed about 60 players to start, however by 2017 it only needed 40 players to start, and had a max of 80 players to reduce lag.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    GAM, Danese and miraclebuilder19 like this.
  7. Posted Aug 12, 2020
    GAM, Fusafez, Danese and 2 others like this.
  8. Posted Aug 12, 2020
    GAM, Danese, Lord_of_Creeper and 3 others like this.
  9. Posted Aug 12, 2020
    GAM, Danese, Lord_of_Creeper and 2 others like this.
  10. Today we had more people in our MPS, than most Youtubers and Streamers ever get in theirs. If that does not prove that the CS movement isn't stronger than ever, then I don't know what does!

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  11. No offense dude but none of this is true first and i don't even know where to start
    1 Hypixel crashing really did not have much to do with it most of the people on joined before it crashed and we held that player count even after hypixel relaunched
    2 CS in its current state has very few bugs and the few that are there are getting fixed Soon
    3 This is just simply untrue the only time it drops is when we first start and when the server dies after many hours of playing you just seem to always join at bad times
    4 I actually agree with this 20 players is till few i think 30 or 40 is a better start
    5 When sheepea said that the server had been up for 30 seconds and within 5 minutes we had 35 people
    6 Actually no advertising alerts players but every single player who joined said they loved cs and will come back
    7 all your point about the form really don't make any sense nor do they really matter
    8 Yes it was removed for a reason however that reason no longer is true.
    9 Also stop trolling on our mps please its getting extremely annoying i get that you don't want the game back but you don't have to be toxic about it

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  12. One of you IT people should definitely change that yellow "In Discussion" tag green :O
    Big fan of the game and it's constantly brought up, even on the server. It has traction and a good fan-base. Even on other servers with similar style games it's popular.
    :angryyoda:

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  13. I physically cannot read this. Use a period once in a while.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  14. Hey ty for replying as well
    1 The thing is no one quit after hypixel relaunched
    2 expect it is true for CS the only current bug is the wolf spawn on neuschwanstein which is getting fixed soon
    3 You really do join at bad times xD 5 minutes after you left we went from 30 to 70 and normally you join either right as we start or late in the day when it dies of
    4 Yeah not sure how to combat this though i think people will play
    5 actually no sheeps mps started well before it went down and we hit 60 people around the time it died
    6 Not really a lie i got at least 50 people say how much they missed the game also our discord server just got a bunch of new players after the last 2 days
    7 eh i partially agree with this but its definitely more then 5 people
    8 CS was removed for lack of players the game no longer has a lack of players
    9 You know what i'm talking about dude

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  15. Castle Siege Players spiking as a result of Hypixel being down is an indication that 70+ people are willing to join mineplex and choose to play a Castle Siege MPS game instead of dozens of others. This is a huge sign that new people are willing to join community and play. These player spikes are a prime time for us to encourage people to join the discord and spread awareness of CS. As a matter of fact, we tend to see significant growth in the Discord and Community after large com events and streams. With a practical long-term view, these player spikes are beneficial to the community. Also, your point about “being able to say all MP games have few bugs, but that doesn’t mean it’s true” is another invalid counterargument. Don’t set up strawman-arguments if you have no evidence to back them up: there are not a ridiculous amount of bugs in CS; the ones that exist are seldom game-breaking and they rarely have significant affect on the gameplay. Lastly, your point about removing hackers in actual CS lobbies is a valid argument; however, MP anticheat has evolved over the years and continues to evolve. Seeing all the strong community appeal towards this game, mineplex needs to give CS a second chance. #ReviveCS

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Lord_of_Creeper, GAM, Fusafez and 4 others like this.
  16. The quality of the game when it is an actual lobby will be better than when it is an MPS. When it is an actual game, players can actually earn stats and achievements and there will be less lag. If 40 players come to play it on an MPS, there will definitely be more than 40 players playing it if it were to be an actual game since an actual lobby would result in a better quality experience.

Also, you are incorrect when you say the server lags at 50 players. The game is still very playable at 50 players and it only starts to lag when the player count goes to 70 or 80.

For your argument about advertising, how else will people know that our MPS is up if we don't advertise? Also, if the game is actually on the server, everyone will know it. We advertise to make players aware. And advertising on the server won't make every single player on the network aware because players may join the server after we advertise. This means that MORE players would know that the game is playable if were to be in a lobby so MORE players would play it than our MPS if it were to be in a lobby. If our MPS can get 40 player, having it be an actual game would get much more than that.

You have also argued that Champions would get more games than Castle Siege considering the amount of players in our MPS. Now, lets consider the amount of players in an actual lobby of Castle Siege.

If 40 players play on our MPS, lets assume that maybe 60 would play in an actual lobby. This would be more players than champions and about the amount of players on Skywars. Champions often times only gets like 20-30 players. This means that Castle Siege would get double to triple he amount. Since Castle Siege would require 20 players to start, we would be able to have 3 games assuming each would have 20 players but we would be able to have 2-3 games of Champions. Now lets assume that maybe 80 players would play. Now we would get up to 4x the amount of players. This would mean 4 games of Castle Siege which would be more than the number of Champion games. Considering that more players would play if Castle Siege were to get added back, I think it would be very possible that we would get 60, 80 or even a hundred players. An actual lobby will get a lot more players because more people would know that the game is playable and the experience would be better for the players than an MPS. A lot of players don't join our MPS because they either don't know we are even hosting one or they don't like the quality of MPS games and the fact that you cannot earn stats or rewards. The actual amount of players who DO play on MPSes is very small compared to the total number of players on the server. Generally, no more than 100-200 players are on MPSes, which is not even 10% of the server. This is because most player would rather play the actual for a game or don't care/pay attention to MPSes at all. If you take all of these factors into consideration, there would be way more players in the actual game than an MPS for it.

Also, I would like to point out one more thing about the number of games that is running. The number of games running at any time is also not as important as the number of players playing the game. You have prevoiusly argued that Champions gets more games than Castle Siege because Champions only requires 10 players to start while Castle Siege would require 20. However, SSM only requires 4 players to start. SSM would win when it comes to the number of games running at any time. But does anyone really care about that? No, no one really cares about the fact that there are 15 games of SSM running at the same time. What they care about is the number of players who are playing SSM.
    #ReviveCS

Posted Aug 13, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 13, 2020
  17. Bring back Castle Siege! As this thread any many other threads have shown for the past 4 years, the castle siege community has always been dedicated and determined to allow the game to live on. It has been such a missed opportunity to not host at least one server for the game to thrive.

Although, the only improvement I would suggest is to add another hallway leading up to the throne room on each CS map. This would make it a bit more difficult for the invaders as it is very easy for invaders to reach the throne room within the first minute.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  18. anyone looking to edate?

With that said, castle siege is the single most influential game of mineplex; the reason pigmen exist in Mincecraft in the first place!! Throughout its history, the game was a staple of Minerplex's gameplay experience. Retracting such a diamond in the rough has been very emotionally taxing on the playerbase. I myself have gone to seek professional help and family counseling, as I was forced to stop playing and finally face the reality of my crippling relationship with my parents.
    The game remains loved by all (except some) and holds a very loyal playerbase of like 2... 200+ players. I thoroughly believe that a rogue IT member should mark this thread as "processed" and emotionally pressure a developer into reinstating the game, as it would allow us die-hard fans to finally die very hard.

Good idea, -1.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  19. Well said, well said. Just a clarification on our numbers, our discord has 400 members and the CSForever com has 700 :D.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  20. The sad[and funny] part is that most people against the revival of CS use no factual evidence. The counter arguments such as “the MPS has less than 20 players” and the “game has not been updated in years” are the epitomes of logical fallacy. Absolutely garbage arguments. Even with a regular CS lobby, 20 people will not join within the first 30 seconds(unless MP implements a server-wide notification system like Hypixel attempted for Mega Skywars). You already know that the CS MPS lobbies peak at at least 30-40 players a day so I’m not even going to post screenshots. Secondly, if you think the game has not been updated in years, check your eyes. More than 5 new maps were added and constantly updated since the release of CS and a new one is in the works as we speak.

So please,
    Be literate before you start weak arguments on the internet. And if you are against reading and having [plausible and robust] evidence, leave the discussion to the adults <3.

#ReviveCS

Posted Aug 13, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 13, 2020