• 642 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8519 Players Online
  • 7877 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

202 vote(s)
    83.8%
  2. Maybe...

24 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. No.

15 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. The Castle Seige Staff team is hosting a special giveaway for the community! We will be giving away 2, one month, immortal subscriptions! Anyone may attend as long as you are in the csforever community!

The giveaway is taking place today at 4:00 p.m. EST, which is about 30 minutes away!!!

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    Danese, Young_Inventor and Jtj like this.
  2. Posted Sep 26, 2020

3. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Danese:
    1. We are currently at 363 members and are continuing to gain new members by the day. Presently, 119 members are listed as online, with 245 members presently listed as offline.
    Also, just because they are offline does not mean they don't play the game.
    For example,
    As of me writing this, the following users are presently listed as offline:
    2000supersilver
    AmazinAamina
    Lord_of_Creeper
    adorefoah (a discord moderator)
    burntchicken115 (a community builder)
    comrade64 (ninjaboy also a moderator)
    hassanpinger
    hazeae24
    Lord_Of_Might
    Moepses
    S13SB
    Sheepea
    And many, many more.
    Sorry, I don't feel like scrolling through 245 accounts.
    Lord_of_Creeper is the owner of the Mineplex community csforever. Moepses's name is Bob. Sheepea is one of our MPS hosts. S13sb is named Spencer...
    Basically, they are well-known community members who are continuously active through the Network, both in CS and in general.
    Oh, and Hazeae24 AKA Hailey is a former Sr. Moderator. She is one of the (I think) 7 people with the Castle Sieger tag.
    Basically, just because they were listed as offline within a screenshot does not even remotely mean that they are not active.
    However, if you would like more evidence against your claim, why not join our Discord server yourself?
    With regards to how many players actually play in our MPS's, every day I see more and more new faces in the servers. Out of the over 360 players within our Discord server, I can confidently say that just about every single one of them has, at some point, logged into our MPS servers.
    And, no. We don't get MPS servers with 300+ players on them at once. Don't be absurd. People live in different parts of the globe and log on at different points throughout the day. That's how life works.

2. My argument was not that nobody is playing the Mixed Arcade games. It was (and is) that there are many servers that are consistently empty: one of the main reasons as to why CS lost its own lobby in the first place.

3. No, that does not mean there are bugs or glitches that have not been fixed yet. It means there needs to be developer time put into ensuring that the lobby is running properly and that it is maintained... you know, just like every other lobby?

4/4a. Believe what you would like, but the fact is that we have actually played games with 20 players and many of us know that the game is balanced when it is a 10v10 match.
    Additionally, we have actually had lobbies run in MPS servers and have witnessed the MPS decline in terms of TPS, even more so than EVENT-1. However, the times that the TPS drops the most is while loading up a given map. Some maps load more slowly than others.
    My hypothesis is due to how many players are being loaded in one single area at once. For instance, Shangri-La seems to lag the most with excessively large lobbies, as the undead are all clumped together in their spawn. Meanwhile, Icebound valley seems to lag the least in the same scenario, as the undead are scattered across a very wide area which consists of a much lower player-per-chunk ratio than on Shangri-La.

7. You could do that... or you could consider the fact that the vast majority of people who are in favor of this would prefer A. to be able to earn statistics and B. to earn the achievements of the game mode.

9. Even if that were the case (it's not, but for the sake of argument, let's say it is), a lot of the people who are joining the MPS who are not within our Discord server end up staying and, eventually, joining the Discord server anyways.
    As I said (and showed), we have 363 members and are continuing to gain new players every day. The fact that players are still joining our Discord server and are still actively playing on our MPS's and MCS's outweighs the possibility of people only joining because the MPS at hand has a large number of players. And, if they don't like the game... why do they end up staying?

11. No, I did not "crop out" anything. Why is it that whenever people have a problem with screenshot evidence the first thing they jump to as a secondary claim is that the image has been "cropped" or "edited" or "forged?"
    I use Gyazo. Sorry that my Discord application does not have a built-in feature for screenshots of the entire screen.
    If Discord does, in fact, have this feature, can somebody please tell me how to use it?
    Regardless, I have already addressed this point above... hence why I am focusing on your secondary claim regarding this topic.

12. I have A. already addressed the argument for lowering the player count and B. given more than enough reasonings and physical evidence to support the contrary.

With the modifications requested prior, the games will be able to start and will be able to hold games that run for hours on end.

As a side note, the point here is that there are hundreds of players who vocally want the game to be returned. Not only have I provided numerous quantities of actual evidence, but there are also 363 players in the Discord server alone who agree with this game's revival and over 150 posts on this thread alone also in favor of this game's revival.
    Even if it is brought down to a matter of opinion, the fact is that the popular opinion is for this game to be brought back onto the live Network... The vast amount of physical evidence, in this hypothetical scenario, is just icing on the cake at this point.
    Note: I saw that your post was edited 45 minutes ago. Your post that I quoted above is outdated... sorry about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Paladise's Edit:
    NOTE:
    I just logged onto Mineplex to see if your MPS was open, and it seemed like it wasn't. I know this isn't really reflective of what it is really like, but it isn't that good of news when it is peak weekend time in a time where the majority of people are staying at home, with a lot of free time.
    I also logged in again yesterday to see a lobby that had like 12 people but after 20 minutes, died.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Fusafez:
    Firstly, I'd like to thank you for a thoughtful response. Although I only quote your ending note, I did read it through, but Dan beat me to it, and I couldn't think of a better reply!
    Anyway, the reason an MPS isn't open today is because it's Father's Day in America, so we told our Discord staff and game hosts to take the day off and spend time with their families. On weekends, we usually average around 35 players throughout the day and peak around 50-60 players, depending on the week

@christxqn: Bob, just bc they are not in the MPS or discord does not mean they do not want it revived. I am not a player of the CS MPS however I am a huge advocate for its return. Many of my friends will agree.

@rmotheram: I have noticed something when looking at all the posts on this thread. Most of the players who are posting on this thread, participating in the discussion and are on the Discord are just regular players. Very few of the players are Mineplex staff members. I think that having some staff support can give a strong push in our movement to convince production to fully bring this game back. Since staff are a probably lot closer to the production team than we are, they can probably help out a lot if we can get their support.
    @Young_Inventor: I pretty sure that Staff are purposely avoiding this thread because they don't want CS to be added. I've noticed Staff always say "CS will die after a week" whenever CS comes up somewhere, despite the fact this has been disproved by this thread alone. I think they realized that they are out of arguments for why CS shouldn't be added, so they are avoiding this thread, and hoping it slowly dies out. Threads as big as this one don't go unnoticed by Staff, so I don't really think they aren't responding to this because they don't notice it. There's probably some behind the scenes reason they don't want to add CS that they aren't allowed to tell us, so that might also have something to do with this.

@Danese: Regarding @Young_Inventor's and @rmotheram's replies, I highly doubt that the staff team, production team, development team, etc. etc., are purposely avoiding this thread because of a conspiracy within the shadows to prevent CS from being reimplemented onto the Network. As a matter of fact, there are a number of Ideas Team members who are in favor of CS being brought back. @nolawn has expressed his want for CS to be implemented onto the network multiple times... Actually, they are an old CS player from back in the day. #ShaiymFTW!
    Anyways, the probable cause for a sincere lack of replies to this thread is simply due to the fact that, right now, there is a lot going on behind the scenes that have resulted in the rejection of this idea to become- well- no longer an accurate representation of Production's stance on this idea. This is, of course, pure speculation; however, I would like to add the fact that this community has, clearly, expressed an immense desire for CS to be reimplemented onto the live server. I know many staff members personally who are even more passionate about this Network and these communities than I am!
    Currently, the fact is that the answer to our request is no longer "no." And, because of this, it has become difficult for any staff member to definitely state an answer about whether or not CS will be brought back.

@Frazuki: @Danese I see where you're coming from, but I personally don't believe or feel in any way that Castle Siege should be back.
    There was already a similar post that was on about bringing back Castle Siege at the time when Area-51 came out on September 2019. However it was counted as Not Planned during that time and I think it's going to get marked as Not Planned again
    Firstly the game was very laggy and it was bearable to play, this probably was because back in the older times there was so much players.
    Secondly the actual reason of why the game was taken out in the first place was because there was a point of when there was multiple CS lobbies that were below 10 players and players probably didn't have the patience to wait in the lobby to expect more players to join. Castle Siege got very unpopular so it got taken down, it's the same similar reason of why some of the other Mineplex games were removed.
    Also Area-51 had a max player count of 80 players, the exact same player count that Castle Siege had and if that Castle Siege comes back as really laggy like it was before it was removed. Then players wouldn't want to play that game because like I said from above, it would be unplayable with all the heavy lag.

@CheeseySF:

This thread is actually "In Discussion". Now we have proper evidence to back it up. Also everyone is in homes.

I think you contradicted your point here. Mineplex doesn't have any players any more. Starting games at 20 or 30 players as suggested in this thread would keep lag away.

The reason the game did not have any running lobbies was because the starting requirments were way too high for mineplex's player count. Lowering start requirements and having a custom queuing system as mentioned in the thread will make games start.

The Area-51 game had guns and tons of players. Castle Siege uses vanilla features and is able to be played with a minimum of 20 players in our experience, and does not lag in my experience (and my computer is bad). Castle Siege has proven that it has a player count.

In conclusion, comparing the gamemode to Area 51 does not justify why Castle Siege would not flourish; They are two drastically different games.

(I have edited this a little immediately after posting as it was a bit disorganized)

@Danese: @CheeseySF 's statements regarding @Frazuki's post are, in my opinion, 100% accurate.

One thing I would like to add here is that just because something was rejected once before does not automatically mean that the opinions of those behind the decision are unable to be changed in any way at all.

Mineplex's staff team is not filled with robots. The members within all possess free will and the ability to use reason. Just because something was true over 2 months ago does not merit its factuality now, especially when the subject in question is in regards to a situation whose aspects are completely and continuously dynamic.

@Fruiit: What % of them actually play frequently to some extent?

Evidence #1 for the amount of players on at one time in a mps lacks any reliability to back the point in how many players join the mps at one time. No average number of players throughout possibly 7 days

3. This number of people is only enough probably to start just one game. And going back to when this gamemode was a part Mineplex's games before being removed and moved over to MPS. Linking back to Evidence 2, Castle Seige is still going to have the same occurring problem like some other games such as Domination has, the fact that it has a very small player base surrounding it, with the only exception being Timezone. Why is this a highlighted problem? Well keep in mind the factors surrounding its growth and peak hour. Timezone, Quarantine, and Player Habits
    Timezone - A lot of the time (mainly in perspective of someone from the UK) I frequently only get times when the MPS is up between 4pm - 7pm - 12am+. This might not look so bad, even for EU people this only peaks from what I experienced before at roughly 9pm - 10pm. This then quickly dips down but what if we put something into consideration...
    Quarantine - Obviously a massive global issue, countries internationally are forcing everyone to stay at home, work at home, protect peoples live, essential travel only. Being stranded all this time means no school for the people who play therefore more time to play the typical games you would often play. So from what I've experienced these peaks could really differentiate as more and more people return to school (most likely in september) they have less time to play, more time spent into getting the education required for them to progress further in life.
    Player Habits - As a person like me, how I got into this was pretty simple, was bored, looked at mps list because. What else would I of done? Saw this large MPS of castle siege players, joined it, was relatively small to begin with but maintained a consistent playerbase as the night progressed. As it is an active, regular and consistent player mps count, I felt more motivated and dedicated to play castle seige, but linking quickly back to the issue of quarantine, stranded at home, playing more of lets say mineplex castle seige mps', you play that everyday for 7d, the player gets burnt out, doesn't feel dedicated anymore to continue. This isn't too surprising to be honest as castle seige is a very constant game which has the 3 Basic undead kits and 2 Defender kits, but long-term, I really couldn't seen this going too far past revival hype

5. It's not that basic as "oh dev's are so lazy, do more game developing". These people have lives such as us, they often have a Job in real life they need to do (not just coding for a minecraft server) and to treat them like work horses on a regular basis is disgusting, especially to people who actually develop for the people who play. If Castle Siege isn't going anywhere long-term like games such as Cake Wars, Speed Builders, potentially Champions as a whole. There is not much need to continuously develop and should be prioritising gamemodes which need it the most to keep that player count flowing. Common message of "Dev's don't do anything" As before keep In mind they are issues like the ones you have and jobs which (most of you) will soon be looking for and don't have the time to dedicate 8hours+ into tweaking, implementing maps, refresh of kits, promotion of the gamemode, especially if they know it isn't going anywhere in 1 months time after revival hype
    all I can say is they're laughing because of how much they know That its actually unbalanced.

9. Most of this is players being pinged on discord regarding that an mps is starting. How many genuinely join via lobby advertisements?

11. Keep in mind there are 380~ from when this post was made? How many play on the mps at any given time? On average from what I've seen with your "Evidence" and my experiences, I can only see between 30 - 60 people roughly. That's almost 6 - 10 times the amount of people on the discord server. And from what you're saying, this is valid evidence? Was this forum post made in a rush or something? You can have as many people as you want in a discord server, 5.5k, 5k, 6k and the same amount of people will speak in the #general chat. More people, DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. You need to focus more on the player count, not how many have pulled over one time, saw the discord link, joined the server and how many FREQUENTLY play castle seige, this doesnt have to be once or 5 times a day for like 1 month, this can be around 4 times in the space of 1 day and 2 games in the space of the next day and maybe 6 times on Saturday. If this was the case, why is just 1 screenshot "Justified evidence"? Linking back to a previous point, get an average in the span of either 7-14 days to get an average how many people play on a regular basis, not there igns or anything too specific like that.
    My conclusion: Evidence, sloppy and unreliable in general, player base can only fill 1 lobby, with only 1 lobby filled, the other is going to be bone dry with most likely no one joining so people give up searching in the end. I really can not see this going anywhere in the long-term apart from just 40 players (same as the MPS) at any given time, very biased in which if the teams are really unbalanced due to people queuing or parties on Defender team. The undead is going to have 0 chance at winning any map. Even Dekare and Mystical (one of the most easiest maps to win as undead) and after probably a day to being unable to win, potentially spawn camped, you are not going to be motivated to continue. When it comes to the discord. Even at this time 20:40pm BST. There is only 19?!? People on, the server 143 people online?!?!!? I really shouldn't focus on the biggest Bollocks I have seen but Developers, I don't think they see this going anywhere after update hype, neither do I. It could make a much more diverse range of gamemodes but as before, update hype, player count rises, hypes gone, spirals down to the point no lobbies are going to be active or enough players to start.. Don't revive CS, more time, more development

-1 on my side.
    Pce...

@Danese:
    I do not know where you got the idea that referencing the fact that the development team should make time for this game by modifying their present schedule equated with the proposed concept that I was calling the development team "horses."
    Yes, they have lives. Yes, they have a job. Yes, they have priorities. And yes, they are people... That is completely irrelevant to the idea of modifying their present time schedule to accommodate for a game that is clearly loved by a large number of people. Have you seen the other 180+ replies to this thread? No, I thought not...
    So please, don't insult me by implying I have no respect for the development teams that work on and with this Network.
    And yes, saying that I am referring to the developers of Mineplex as "horses" IS implying this very concept.
    Oh, did I forget to mention that the development team gets paid to work here? For information, visit jobs.mineplex.com.

Also, one final note: the support on this thread is overwhelming... Surely, if you would like some form of "evidence" that meets your requirements, then the well over 180 replies supporting this game's return is a start.
    #ReviveCS
    Edit: 06.26.20 6:07 pm EST

pRoOf ThAt PeOpLe WaNt To PlAy Cs AnD oNlY cS!11
    [​IMG]

Note: Because I know there are some people out there who don't get sarcasm... this is sarcasm. People don't only want to play CS any more than they only want to play CW or BLD or SB or MB or [insert other games' abbreviations here].

@Fusafez: While not all of our Discord members play daily, or even demi-daily, it's wholly unrealistic to expect that of them. Many players don't even log onto Mineplex daily, even during the current quarantine for a multitude of reasons. Plus, there will obviously be more players on certain days of the week (such as Saturdays and Sundays) because people have other obligations from Monday to Friday, such as work, internships, summer camps, etc. In addition, a good portion of our community lack Discord, but connect with us through our in-game community, CSForever (lead by @Lord_of_Creeper), which currently has 698 members.
    Were CS to have its own lobby, it would attract more players than our MPS for numerous reasons, such as exp, gems, shards, or stats, which have been elaborated by others. Plus, most people don't actively check which MPS's are up, so they wouldn't even know there was a CS MPS running.
    As for your argument about quarantine, denying a game's return simply because it's growth is during a time of increasing player count on Mineplex simply doesn't make sense. Of course, as player count across Mineplex will decrease when things return to normal, the number of players available to play CS will decrease also, but the same will also be true of Cake Wars, Minestrike, Turf Wars, and other popular gamemodes, which remain popular regardless. The massive number of replies this thread has received proves that CS would be no different, especially considering the number of players that aren't even active on the forums.
    There is a dedicated community of players who play CS often, and I myself play almost daily on the MPS. Personally, I couldn't imagine playing Cake Wars every day, it would get repetitive and boring in my opinion, but I know there are many who would disagree, and rather enjoy grinding Cake Wars on a regular basis, a game with only 4 kits (counting the achievement kit). In comparison, CS has two different teams with diverse objectives: the defenders (with 3 kits, counting achievement kit) and the undead (with 4 kits, counting achievement kit). This is not to say that Cake Wars is "constant" or basic, but rather that players getting "burnt out" isn't a result of a game being bad, it's simply personal preference, and the CS community is both dedicated and motivated to bringing back the game we love.
    Dan was not calling the developers lazy by any means. He was simply asking that they devote their limited time and resources to a game that they already have the code for and is largely loved by the community.
    We've had lobbies decline in players (go down to around 10) as it gets late in a few time zones, then regain players (averaging about 25 or 30) entirely through lobby advertisements. Even if they only stay for one or two games, new players join as they leave, and it's simply not realistic (as I've mentioned above) to expect new players to stay in a single lobby for hours on end, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy the game. I play Cake Wars on occasion, and I find it fun, but I wouldn't play it for more than half an hour straight.
    As for the number of members we have on Discord, that's a representation of support from our community. Many of our Discord members have jobs or other family obligations, even during the pandemic, so of course they don't play regularly. However, that doesn't mean they don't want CS to come back, or that they don't play at all. We often attract players who join because of lobby advertisements or seeing our MPS in the menu.
    First off, we're not asking for twenty lobbies, only one or two. As I've stated above, an actual lobby on the live network would attract more players to CS, who would then join our community. In addition, the return of CS would bring back older players, who would also help fill up lobbies.
    After playing in MPS, I can assure you that 20v20 games are very balanced, and multiple community members have expressed that they enjoy the game more with these numbers because it's easier for undead to sneak around, etc. As for the two "easiest maps to win as undead", Trench of Dekare is actually a more balanced map, with a pretty split number of wins for both teams. Mythical Palace (I believe this is the map you called "Mystical") has a good amount of smart leaps which ghouls can utilize to move around the map quickly, but is actually rush-heavy because of its layout and can be won by experienced defenders. That aside, Helms Revamped is another balanced map, and Icebound Valley and Sunstone Stronghold are the two most undead-biased maps at the moment, as argued by the community, where the undead win often, so players quitting because undead can't win isn't a realistic issue with the current state of the game.

@DooDooBug25:
    "JOE'S 'THANK YOU'"
    Just over two years ago I made an Enjin thread regarding bringing Castle Siege. It was 10 pages long on Google Docs (1.5 spacing, 12 point font, Times New Roman), and it was a nightmare to read. It gained some momentum, but it eventually died. I was pretty sure that was the end of it all. However, here we are today, with a new thread that has made it under the “in discussion” section.
    Dan, you made an incredible thread. It made me tear the first time I read the post and the comments. You have clearly put a lot of time into this, and it seems to be paying off. You’re a hero, my guy. Thank you for making this.

@Danese:
    "DAN'S REPLY TO @DooDooBug25"
    Joe, when I first made this thread, I honestly had no idea just how far it would go. It brings tears to my eyes, as well. I crafted the Original Post, as well as this thread revamp, out of the passion I posses towards this game and out of the love I hold towards our community. I sincerely hope that we are able to bring back the gamemode that continues to bring all of us closer and closer together. <3

@Danese:
    "INTERNAL UPDATES"
    1. As of the 20th of May, I have officially submitted a map submission containing many of the ideas and feedback that you guys have contributed towards the Castle Siege maps presently live on the network. This submission contains fixes and updates to all of the current maps with the exception of Mythical Palace (simply because I had already submitted the fixes for this map earlier this month).
    2. We have still been attaining a constant average of around 20 players on our Mineplex Player Servers, even on weekdays. Additionally, on the weekends, we have been peaking at over 60 players towards late morning to early afternoon!
    3. Our Discord staff team has become even more organized and efficient! The official server owner, @Element_Uranium, has enforced a specific standard for dealing with community-issued punishments in order to create consistency regarding rule enforcement. And, our Discord server has been completely overhauled in order to make the server easier to navigate as any member!

@Danese:
    "WHY CS WAS REMOVED"
    The reasons for Castle Siege's removal consisted of a few factors. Although I could list them myself, I would much rather quote the individuals who originally gave those reasons back in 2018.
    I have directly quoted the individuals listed below from their posts on the old Enjin website; however, the manner in which these quotes are addressed is sourced from our informational website. You can visit our #ReviveCS Mineplex Forums Group page for more information on the #ReviveCS movement.

In her address to the Mineplex community, titled “Addressing Concerns” and published on February 22nd, 2018, former Mineplex Community Manager, Nuclear_Poptart (in regards to the removal of numerous Mineplex game modes), states: “ Production assessed our games on 3 basic aspects: most popular, in terms of players; what had the potential for growth in the future; and what was user-friendly, and welcoming for both old & new players (especially the latter).” (Nuclear_Poptart). She then continues, stating: “Like we’ve said and come through on before, 2018 is going to [be] a year of heavy-hitting and putting quality first… Continuing this trend, we want to focus on updating our current games with quality content & produce the highest quality experience we can offer. We don’t want to be the kind of server that waits months at a time before fixing problems & giving the community what they want.”
    In his address to the Mineplex community, titled “Re: Recent News” and published on February 22nd, 2018, former Mineplex Project Manager and Leadership Team member SJSampson states: “We currently have 3 (count em) 3 PC devs. Alex and Sam being the only frontend devs who ever touch games. There are only so many hours in a month and we feel it would be unfair and unrealistic to keep as many games as Mineplex has featured in the main hub as if they are good examples of the quality standards we want to have going forward.” (SJSampson). He continues, stating: “ As a lot of you know, the EULA changes that came a few years back have hurt every server considerably in terms of revenue. This is why we have pushed cosmetics and other items into the shop in order to continue supporting the server by having people producing updates, games, and maps. We would love to have the resources in order to maintain and create new games, but at this time it just isn't possible.”
    SJSampson, continuing to address the reasoning behind many games’ removals, states: “We had to choose a reasonable amount of games that we could keep regular, quality updates rolling out to in the foreseeable future, that's how we landed at the list of games we are keeping featured. We chose the games that had communities with consistent player counts that could keep games going more than just on the weekends” (SJSampson).

Viewing their statements now, it is quite clear that some of their statements are... quite laughable!
    "We don’t want to be the kind of server that waits months at a time before fixing problems & giving the community what they want" (Nuclear_Poptart).
    /team bug in nano games intensifies
    Anyways, I am confident that this thread has downright disproven most, if not all, of the above reasonings for this game's removal and, further, has provided an abundance of evidence and logical reasoning regarding Castle Siege's justified return.
    "We chose the games that had communities with consistent player counts that could keep games going more than just on the weekends" (SJSampson).
    Laughs in blatant and abundant community support!

Updated Thread to Include CheeseySF's Arguments
    Updated Thread to Include Additional Arguments

Added a poll to this thread after two months of this thread's existence.
    Added "Dear Mineplex" to the thread

Reorganized the Entirety of this Original Post
    Removed the "Sincerely Danese" aspects of the original content and placed them at the very bottom of the thread
    Added "The ENTIRE CS Community"

Sincerely,
    Danese
    AND
    The ENTIRE CS Community

#ReviveCS
    #JustDoIt
    [/QUOTE]

Dutty been real quiet since this came out

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  4. On the contrary. In fact, both Dutty and Joshuart have been instrumental in helping our community. Without them, neither the map fixes, nor the upcoming maps, nor the CSGI map testing sessions would have even been remotely possible!

-Dan

#ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 3, 2020
    Jtj, rmotheram, Mohawk2 and 4 others like this.
  5. :| you right tho <3

Posted Oct 4, 2020
    Jtj, Danese and miraclebuilder19 like this.
  6. I will have to agree with dan here that Dutty and Joshart allow the build team to exist.
    #ReviveCS

Posted Oct 4, 2020
    Jtj, Danese, bluetiebacca and 2 others like this.
  7. It's so nice to be able to test new maps for castle siege. As a member of the CSBT and CSGI teams, I'm happy we've started to be recognized by mp and can say that we have some amazing maps in the works!

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  8. Good thread. I for one wholeheartedly want Castle Siege back as well. Make it happen!

Posted Oct 12, 2020
    Danese, DooDooBug25, Mohawk2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Since Halloween havoc started, hosting mps will be slower for players to join.
    #ReviveCS

Posted Oct 16, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  10. Hey,

I decided to post the announcement in our Discord over here on the forums as well, for anybody else within the overall Mineplex community who may be interested.

In light of recent discussions and internal messages between various community members, staff members, and all the like, I have decided to begin to periodically post updates regarding the #ReviveCS movement right here in #announcements. And though I am not allowed to disclose any specifics regarding internal projects- both within this community and within the Mineplex hierarchy- I am most definitely capable of posting broadened feats. to which our community members and our community staff teams have achieved over the past several months.

To start, our CSGI and our Build team have made significant progress within Mineplex’s map submissions processes. To start, thanks to the efforts of both Dutty and Joshuart- both of whom are present within this Discord server but to which I shall not tag directly- our Castle Siege Game Insights team has been granted the privilege of testing Castle Siege maps that are pushed into the testing phase. This ensures that feedback for various CS maps are generated by an abundance of experienced Castle Siegers, all of which can be found within our own CSGI team.

Second, our Build Team has been hard at work creating new maps for the community. And although I cannot disclose any of our projects here directly, I encourage you to check out CSBuildTeam’s Mineplex Profile Page. The profile page contains a list of all of our projects that we have decided to make publicly available.

Next, the Mineplex Ideas Team has officially undergone the process of discussing the revival of CS further. It has been sent to me through a reliable source that their Trello page now contains a card regarding Castle Siege’s reimplementation. I shall not disclose my contact nor shall I disclose their evidence; however, I am including this here solely for this fact: Mineplex’s Production team’s mindset regarding Castle Siege has finally begun to change. This is a significant accomplishment for all of us! This does not mean that the game will be brought back; rather, it means that Castle Siege’s revival has transitioned from “denied by Marketing/Production” to “in discussion by IT.” (IT is Ideas Team, by the way).

Finally, I wanted to address the current state of our MPS hosting process. Due to school and the overall renormalization processes undergone by this world’s leaders, there has been a significant decline in MPS activity. This is not to say that this movement is dying; but, rather, to state the fact that many people simply have lives to attend to. This is not isolated to CS. This is clearly visible across the entire Network for every game mode. As a matter of fact, I haven’t been on any MPS’s in well over a month for any significant period of time. Does that mean I am inactive? No. Does that mean I don’t really care about CS? No. Does that mean I am undergoing dozens of hours of Mechanical Statics, Calculus III, Physics II, and Mechanical Engineering homework? Yes. Obviously…

There’s more at play here than just MPS player counts, and I hope this announcement will serve to provide a deeper insight into this fact. Let’s bring back Castle Siege!

#ReviveCS

Edit:
    Click here to view the publicly available Ideas Team's Trello page.
    ReviveCS is under QoL, third from the bottom.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 25, 2020 at 2:46 PM,
    Last edited Oct 25, 2020 at 3:06 PM
  11. I definitely agree that CS was removed from Mineplex for no good reason. The game was extremely popular and unique. When I started playing Mineplex in 2013, I always enjoyed CS. A great strategy game. When I came back a few weeks ago, I was surprised that CS wasn't a part of Mineplex anymore. I would really like to see CS come back into the game and I believe that it would be popular. I hope you have a great day/night!

Posted Oct 25, 2020 at 8:25 PM
    Danese, Fusafez, Jtj and 2 others like this.
  12. Nice job on the announcement Danese, I agree! The game is so fun, because it is unique.
    #ReviveCS

Posted Oct 26, 2020 at 4:26 PM