• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9193 Players Online
  • 6303 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

96 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. Maybe...

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. No.

8 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. All for this. Castle Siege has always been one of my favorite games and after my break, I was very disappointed to see it was gone.

Posted May 6, 2020
  2. It's evident that the community wants this game to return, but, unfortunately, Production has previously denied it meaning that the Ideas Team (which is how community ideas make it to Production) won't be entertaining the concept.

For now, it seems like your Discord servers and Mineplex Player Servers are likely the best way to keep enjoying the gamemode.

You can always try messaging the Ideas Team leader to ask Production to take another look, if you'd like. You certainly make a very compelling case in your thread.

Posted May 6, 2020
  3. Where's your source, and what was their reasoning? Castle Siege is by far the best candidate to be re-implemented - large and vocal playerbase, fully developed maps, minimal developer time required to implement, works with every single version of Minecraft, already compatible with Butch - and it is very likely that the circumstances that made Production deny this have changed.

Posted May 6, 2020
  4. In fact, I made a map that is currently in the submission process and it could be part of a "Castle Siege Revival Update" if they wished, and I know another person currently in the community thinking about revamping their map (one that is already in the game). The community really does care about this game.

Posted May 6, 2020
  5. Wait. There is a discord and MPS purely for this game? What is it then?
    I grew with this game coming back. I played it all summer back in 2014. This was the only you could play that had 50+ players in it at that time. Now there aren’t any dedicated games like this.
    Make sure this thread doesn’t die.

Posted May 6, 2020
  6. Yea, message me for the invite.

Wow. Well, good luck! And this just goes to show that the people wanting this brought back aren't just veteraned level 100s - a diverse group of players want this brought back.

Posted May 6, 2020
  7. I would love to see the return of Castle siege!

Posted May 6, 2020
  8. Hey, I have a different perspective and that is: no, we shouldn't. Does CS deserve it's own server? Yes. With the discord, we could advertise when to join /server CS-1 to start a game. It is making a rise up in how many players as well.

However, we need to acknowledge why CS died in the first place, or at least one of the reasons: Hackers. Hackers really ruined the game and I won't specify any specific person because many OG players know who I am talking about, but there have been people who have targeted CS with multiple accounts (hundreds, probably from alt sites).

When we, as a discord/community/mps advocate for CS to have it's own server, we are advocating for our removal of our ability to moderate these hackers and hope that we have moderators. Sure, we can report, but that won't solve anything when they have 10 more alts ready.

I don't want that gone. We have power running these servers and if that means lesser quality games, so be it.

Posted May 6, 2020
    Barack0bama, Fusafez and Danese like this.
  9. castle seige is one of the BESTTTTEST games on mineplex and am sooo very heart broken to have seen it taken away )= #Bringbackcastleseige

Posted May 6, 2020
  10. You could say that about literally any game. We shouldn't have DMT, cause people can automate answers. We shouldn't have CW, cause people will bhop. We shouldn't have any minigame on the server at all, because there will always be hackers.

Your argument ends up saying that we shouldn't have any minigames. I, for one, like having minigames on a minigame server, so your argument that we shouldn't have a game because there will be people trying to ruin it is just... dumb.

Posted May 7, 2020
  11. I was beginning to get confused as to why I have seen a huge CS MPS almost every day this week. I 100% support this idea; this is a very well-thought-out post and as all the necessary justifications in my opinion for the revival of the game. There is definitely a player base for it, more so than most current arcade games. However, I would like to say that for the record many players are unable to queue for arcade games that are not mixed arcade due to the low player base and players such as myself would gladly queue for games such as bacon brawl or death tag by themselves if the waiting queues were not as long. There does not seem to be an easy fix for this issue and one would probably lead to an increase in the player base. Past the discussion of players, CS is a widely desired game and have seen many in lobbies recently ask about where it went, I think its revival would be great for Mineplex ;d

Posted May 7, 2020
  12. Wow, I love your arguments and your love for CS. I would also love to see the game back, I always wanted to get the last hit on the king
    ♪(´ε` ). +1

Posted May 7, 2020
  13. +1 from me. I think that this thread further proves the amount of players that support its revival.
    EDIT: The thread is now 5 pages long and the OP now has over 50 likes on this post. I think it would be a huge misstep on the Networks part NOT to bring this game back. With Butch, the servers can now merge so the argument of lobbies "taking to long to fill up" is not really valid.

Posted May 7, 2020,
    Last edited May 21, 2020
  14. I hope they bring this back. The community was typically great, and probably cared the most about having fun that I've seen. Great thread! In regards to the flyers, if you blocked off the king first they weren't as prominent.

Posted May 7, 2020
  15. Don't put words into my mouth please. I never said we shouldn't have minigames.

If CS is put back up, it's a possibility that the hackers that spent their time ruining CS will come back and make it their duty to kill CS just as they did before CS was removed. We won't be able to remove these hackers in an instant like we can in an MPS.

Will it happen? Not sure. It's a real possibility though.

Posted May 7, 2020
    Barack0bama and Danese like this.
  16. There are hackers in every game. It is inevitable. I do not see why this would stop CS from coming back.

Posted May 7, 2020
  17. Because it killed CS in the first place.

Posted May 7, 2020
    Barack0bama likes this.
  18. It was a great game, bring it back.

Posted May 7, 2020
  19. I'm not against bringing back Castle Siege, and me making the argument of a low player count would be simply irrelevant given the information you've provided in this thread. However, I think I should discuss the topics that are frequently brought up every time a thread like this is made.

Firstly, although the player count is steady, something important that needs to be brought up is consistent playercount, the question of how long will this remain? It's great that the Castle Siege MPS' have seen an influx of members, however a main concern of mine is that this may not stay the same. Don't get me wrong- I'm sure you could fill an entire lobby(or two) with huge fans of Castle Siege, but I've only recently seen the CS MPS' make a surge within the last few weeks or so. I think we can all agree that the main reason Mineplex has seen a boosted player count is the current situation around the world- what happens when this is over with?
    As you've said in the thread, Mineplex doesn't have the 30,000 player count it used to. However, we're definitely in a better position now than we were in half a year ago.

As for your point about stats, it's likely that the /stats API could be completely changed at any time. I know that games have been removed from the /stats board, such as MCL and Type Wars. However, nobody knows when that's going to be, and maybe people go for achievements because it gives them a fun task to do, when playing the game simply may be mundane. Current term, it'd definitely be a positive if we had the ability to gain Castle Siege achievements again. I definitely agree with @Jaek 's point in that several players (including those among Level 100s and 1000 Wins Club)would play Castle Siege for these exact reasons. The main reason they might not play it now is that it doesn't actually track stats or achievements.

Anyways, I don't have enough time currently to fully formulate this reply, however I'll conclude in saying that Castle Siege is an enjoyable game. I've had tons of fun playing it in events and MPS', and I'm not entirely against bringing it back. However, production has said that removed games aren't going to be readded, for various reasons among the reasons they were removed. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing CS come back, but it's likely that this won't be the case. I'd recommend taking this up with the Ideas Team Lead if you'd like a direct response.

Posted May 7, 2020
  20. If they are concerned about Castle Siege eventually dying, then they should bring it back as a "temporary" event. They bring it back, but put an emphasis on how it's only a temporary limited-time event.They would be able to see how it goes, and worst case scenario they remove it again and wouldn't be blamed by the community because it's a temporary event. If it ends up keeping the same playercount, they extend the time it stays around or decide to make it a permanent game.

Posted May 7, 2020