• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12204 Players Online
  • 9314 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

90 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Maybe...

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. No.

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Yes. Believe me, I want it back more than anything. I just think we need a trial as a sort of "compromise" with the people who do not want it back, to prove that it is worthy.

Posted May 21, 2020
  2. Yup! This video as well as the comment and the amount of likes received explains it perfectly. It also shows why it should be brought back.

Posted May 21, 2020
  3. I totally agree. CS used to be a great game. Even in MPS it gets more players than Skywars daily I think.

Posted May 21, 2020
  4. Just a little side note:
    I was looking around at some of the mixed arcade games or whatever they are called, and I noticed that some of them had 0 players. For example, Squid Shooters, Snake, and Sneaky Assassins have 0 players. Why bother with these games? Why not spend time and allocate resources to a minigame that has a vocal playerbase and players advocating for its return?

Posted May 21, 2020
  5. I think CS should be in Java, and Bedrock. I think the Bedrock community would benefit from CS too.

Posted May 21, 2020
    Barack0bama and Danese like this.
  6. Hey!

Thank you all so much for your continuing support towards the #ReviveCS movement! Remember to check out my profile page for information regarding joining the Castle Siege community Discord server! We are presently at 269 members as of the time of drafting our thread reply.

Okay, so! A few awesome updates!!

1. As of the 20th of May, I have officially submitted a map submission containing many of the ideas and feedback that you guys have contributed towards the Castle Siege maps presently live on the network. This submission contains fixes and updates to all of the current maps with the exception of Mythical Palace (simply because I had already submitted the fixes for this map earlier this month).

2. We have still been attaining a constant average of around 20 players on our Mineplex Player Servers, even on weekdays. Additionally, on the weekends, we have been peaking at over 60 players towards late morning to early afternoon!

3. Our Discord staff team has become even more organized and efficient! The official server owner, @Element_Uranium, has enforced a specific standard for dealing with community-issued punishments in order to create consistency regarding rule enforcement. And, our Discord server has been completely overhauled in order to make the server easier to navigate as any member!

Alright, now! Let’s talk about Castle Siege’s kits and whatnots!

Why?

Why not?! <o/

When Castle Siege was shoved into an MPS, one of the arguably most popular features was removed. This feature was the ability to level up your kits.

Many Castle Siegers had dedicated hundreds of hours to gain their maximum levels in their preferred kits. For instance, a couple of defender players had leveled up their knights to unlock their diamond helmets and chest plates, which were level 100 unlocks.

I am unsure whether or not these stats still exist within the game’s code after two years. I am not a developer, nor do I know anything about what currently exists within the code of the game. I do know, however, that most, if not all, of the leveling abilities for different kits within different games have been completely purged. As such, I believe it more than probable that, at some point since 2018, the player data for CS kit levels have also been wiped. This simply seems logical.

Regardless, even though these kits required hundreds of hours to level up and hundreds of thousands of gems to actually purchase the kit levels, many players (at the time) viewed these abilities as “unbalanced” or “overpowered.”

Whether or not these abilities were overpowered or not is beside the point. Personally, if Castle Siege was to be reimplemented, I would love for the ability to level up your kits to be reimplemented as well. However, I am not too sure what the exact level abilities and unlocks were for each kit, simply because I don’t remember the exact unlockable abilities from over 2 years ago.

Besides that, here are some of the requested changes I have been seeing throughout the community that I thought should be posted in an organized place.

- Change Request List -
    --------------------------------

Paladin Kit:

Re-add one of the following combinations of buffs alongside resistance I (and Speed I for wolves):

Regeneration I and Strength I
    Resistance II and Regeneration I
    Regeneration II

One of the above, in my opinion, would rebalance the kit’s abilities with their fellow defenders.

General Misc. Changes:

Re-add who dealt the most damage to the king and who actually killed the king to the end-game chat display.

Reintroduce the 5-second wolf respawn cooldown.

Left-clicking with your axe while holding TNT should not detonate the TNT. You should be able to break fences, punch wolves, etc.

Kit leveling system [if at all possible]

Technical/Backend Changes:
    ----------------------------------------

Reintroduction of Castle Siege Game Insights.

Note: This only the start of this list. Please, post your thoughts on these ideas! <3

Have a fantastic day everybody!

-Dan

#ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 21, 2020
  7. So happy that this idea was seen through and received the support it deserved! Very proud of Danese for bringing forth this idea that would benefit Mineplex in many ways!

Posted May 21, 2020
  8. If we can get all 269 discord members to post on this thread, that would be awesome. Does the discord server know about this thread?

Posted May 21, 2020
  9. I love most of those ideas, I think they're great! However, I do have some criticism with these three ideas I have quoted. I'm personally not a huge fan of the kit leveling system because I feel like it gives the best players a extra advantage and it's fairly grindy.

Additionally, I don't think wolves should have a respawn timer, rather, I think a better solution would be to move the wolf spawn farther away from the king rooms on maps where it is a problem, as on many maps wolves area already fair (such as helms and sunstone) and this timer would just weaken defenders, make it less fun for wolves, and allow zombies to more easily spawncamp wolves.

I also don't think tnt should be able to break fences because tnt shouldn't essentially be a more powerful undead unit, undead should have to use teamwork to help their undead. Imagine how overpowered it would be if they couldn't be stopped by wolves or fences. They would easily be the number one cause of death for knights (especially because they can run out of arrows, and running wouldn't be an option either because ghouls are faster than defenders, leaving them zero chance of survival). They would have literally 0 counters except a well placed marksmen, which tnt can already often slip by.

Posted May 21, 2020,
    Last edited May 22, 2020
    Barack0bama, DooDooBug25 and Danese like this.
  10. Posted May 22, 2020
    Barack0bama and Danese like this.
  11. I get where you are coming from with the part about kit leveling, but that is the point. It does take awhile and a lot of grinding to level them up.

Posted May 22, 2020
  12. Hey,

So I came across some more suggestions by a few community members. So I thought I would post them here to continue the discussion regarding potential CS updates/changes.

GENERAL MISC. CHANGES [CONTINUED]

--------------------------------------------

Add a tip for TNT players that informs the user that TNT does not hurt the King.
    --AND/OR--
    Prevent explosions from breaking the king’s throne (the radius that you cannot place fences would be where TNT can’t destroy blocks with the exception of oak fences (since there are ways to bypass this radius and get the king stuck in fences PLUS the king can move around at times, which could lead to complications based entirely on bad timing.) There could be other exceptions too, such as being able to break cracked stone bricks and being able to crack uncracked stone bricks, which would help to prevent current/new maps from having issues with throne room sizes). Preventing TNT from breaking blocks near the king would prevent the king from getting glitched into the throne, which prevents undead players from damaging him.

Display the amount of damage each player did to the king in their rewards text. Maybe 1 gem per 1 hit? This would allow users to view the amount of damage they did to the king and would rewards players for inflicting damage to the king. It could also be displayed under users’ stats (when you hover over their IGN in the game’s chat).

[​IMG]

Add a display that shows the King is taking damage. I actually posted an idea thread about this several years ago. Here was/is my take on the concept (with updated graphics!! :P ):

[​IMG]

Add a little tip above the Hotbar for wolves recommending that they target TNT carriers.

[​IMG]

Please, post your opinions and suggestions regarding possible CS changes! :D <3

Sincerely,
    Dan

#ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2020
  13. They should add new classes, the old ones are getting kind of repetitive.

Posted May 23, 2020
  14. I have an idea for how the queuing system could work for this game. The way it works is that the number of games that will be running are number of players/max players per game

The basic idea behind this queuing system is that it is best to play the game at its maximum player count. If you want the full experience from the game, it should be played with the maximum number of players. This queuing system will also prevent the situation where there are a hundred players split between 5 lobbies. Neither of the players get to even start the game because they are all split between different lobbies. Instead, there could just be one lobby that contains all 100 players.

Here is how it works:

There should be only one open lobby that is not full. When players queue for the game, they get sent to that lobby. This happens until the lobby fills up. If more players decide to queue for the game, then the following will occur:

If the player is unranked:
    A new lobby will get created and the player will get sent to the new lobby. The player might have to wait a little while but they get a better game if they do. The wait is definitely worth it if it means enjoying the game to its fullest extent. If there were two lobbies that both had 70 players, the games might start faster, but none of the players will get the full experience from the game. Instead, if one lobby has 100 and the other has 40, then at least the 100 will get to fully enjoy the game while the other 40 wait a bit.

If the player is ranked:
    The system will wait for a few second to see if more players want to play. If not enough players want to play (maybe less than 5 or 10), then the player gets sent into the full lobby and the game will just have an extra player. This process will also occur if the current lobby has very few players in it and there is another lobby that is full. This is done s that the new lobby can actually fill up if players decide to join, but if nobody wants to play, the ranked player can just go to the full game so that he doesn't have to wait for the new one to fill up and so that he not just sitting there in the new lobby alone. Ranked players joining full games won't have a major effect on the quality of the game since it is usually at most just a few extra players. Unranked players cannot join full games, so they have to get sent to the new one.

If a player leaves the full lobby before the game starts:
    If the current open lobby has very few players in it, then the first player in that lobby that queued for the game gets sent to the other lobby that was full and takes the other player's spot. If the lobby already has some players, then the next player to queue for the game gets sent to the lobby that was full. This is so that the current lobby can fill up if it has some progress, but also allows players to take the last slot in the other lobby if there is almost no progress and the lobby is not likely to fill up anytime soon. Another system could also be implemented to prevent players from accidentally disconnecting. Some ways that this could work is having the player click the lobby button twice with a one second gap between the click (the button will disappear and show up) or have a popup menu that appears when the player clicks the lobby button to confirm the decision.

After the game is finished:
    All the players will get re-queued for the game instead of being placed back in to the same lobby that they were in before. This is so that the current open lobby gets supplied by the players who just finished and there is still only one open lobby that is not full at a time. Ranked players will be given priority when being re-queued. The only thing that needs to be figured out is the ordering of the players that are unranked in the queue.

I am also thinking about a way of players being able to rejoin the game if they get disconnected in the middle. For an undead player, they simply just return to spawn when the reconnect, regardless of where they were before. For a defender, their entity can be left at the spot they were previously at and a tag will be added to their name to show that they disconnected. Undead will be able to freely attack the entity. If the player reconnects, they start off where they were at before if they did not get killed while they were disconnected. If the player gets killed, they spawn back as a wolf. If the player was already a wolf when they disconnected, they return to spawn like the undead. Another alternate way of handling defenders is that undead simply needs to hit the entity once to "kill" it instead of actually depleting the health to make things simpler.
    Note: The defender does not take knockback when he or she is disconnected. Also, if the player leaves the game and returns to the lobby by using the /hub command, the player is out of the game. This only works for when the player disconnects from the server.

Posted May 23, 2020,
    Last edited May 24, 2020
  15. I've heard some rumors going around that there going to add CS in the next update. Though I have no concrete evidence, Mineplex hasn't released an update in a while. Also this thread in marked as "In Discussion". So maybe the rumors are true.

Posted May 24, 2020
    Barack0bama, Danese and Fusafez like this.
  16. Hmm. Interesting.

I have not heard anything regarding this matter, to be honest. At least, not as of yet. Though it would be extremely exciting if we are finally able to get our beloved game back onto the live network!! <3

-Dan <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
  17. Just dont like the moderator guy that said that they cant do anything about whats playing on the rythm bot because hes a higher up rank

Posted May 24, 2020
  18. I would love to see this brought back, an MPS cannot sustain such an active and supportive player base and a dedicated server would do this job much easier, with the chance of bringing in additional players for those browsing through the lobby.

Posted May 24, 2020
  19. would be so happy! If it is brought back, we should all definitley play together!

Posted May 24, 2020
  20. Also, can anyone message me the discord for CS?

Posted May 24, 2020
    DooDooBug25 and Danese like this.