• 717 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9155 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring back MPS game voting

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BBoy2003, Aug 14, 2019.

1. In an MPS there used to be a function where you can cast a vote for others to vote on a game, I believe that this is an essential function and not sure why it was removed, this offers so many benifits especially for larger MPS’s like @_Endar_. And @Luxford ‘s MPS as this picks the most popular games amongst the people in the MPS resulting in less complaints about games and the ability to get into games faster with less hassle and fuss. I think this is an overall good idea to re add.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  2. Hello!

Obviously, I'll agree that this feature should be added back to MPS. I believe it was just forgotten to be added when we got queues/engine update which we had back in January this year. I myself missed voting for games too, we were actively using that on events in old games engine and it was so helpful to choose next game using that. I assume it will be added to ideas for MPS Update.

Overall, +1 as it's something we really need to bring back.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Evence, pzazz and Danese like this.
  3. Hi!
    I completely agree with this idea, but something was tugging at my arm to go the other way.
    If there was a game really popular, say Cake Wars. People will constantly be voting Cake Wars. People that might wanna play other games might get upset and leave. If they add this, there should be a option to even put it out there in each MPS.
    Otherwise from that, I would really like this. +1!

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  4. Yeah I agree. It's super useful for our content creators and super useful for events and such. +1

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    BBoy2003 and Danese like this.
  5. I agree with this (for the reasons above) it'll be great for YouTubers. +1 from me

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  6. I agree, there was a lot of confusion when it was removed as people liked it and I believe it will be useful for big MPSs in order to pick games that most people like.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  7. Yes please, voting for MPS games was an easy way to see what games people wanted to play in larger MPS servers.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  8. I completely agree that they need to bring voting back to MPS. I also agree that it should come back as an option. It would help with finding what games people want to play. And just in case everyone keeps voting for one popular game you would be able to turn it off. Overall I am giving this a +1.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  9. I agree, although there might be a reason that it was removed.

I was hosting an MPS in about may when I used to stream so my friends used to help me by going to lobbies and getting people in my MPS so they could follow me in twitch!

I said "used to" because I was met with not very friendly people. It started off good, I met some of my most amazing friends through this and we still talk today! But the downfall was that after a while of advertising in lobbies that I was streaming in my MPS I met some chat trolls, a group of people would hop on my stream and ask for the discord that I was streaming on. As I was very public about my streams and what I do I let them join my discord. So they joined the chat.

They started going off and making me feel really anxious and started laughing at me and overall just being a jerk, all of them were. So if voting was a thing, trolls like this would join and over vote everyone (as they are in a group) and pick the most hated games of mineplex or just games that I hate. Yes I can kick them but they could get alts and keep on coming on my MPS over and over again.

To combat this I would say that you could only have voting in private MPS's or have voting a toggable thing that you could turn off or on.

If the ideas that I suggested are added then I'll give this a +1

-canqda

--- Post updated ---
    I agree, although there might be a reason that it was removed.

I was hosting an MPS in about may when I used to stream so my friends used to help me by going to lobbies and getting people in my MPS so they could follow me in twitch!

I said "used to" because I was met with not very friendly people. It started off good, I met some of my most amazing friends through this and we still talk today! But the downfall was that after a while of advertising in lobbies that I was streaming in my MPS I met some chat trolls, a group of people would hop on my stream and ask for the discord that I was streaming on. As I was very public about my streams and what I do I let them join my discord. So they joined the chat.

They started going off and making me feel really anxious and started laughing at me and overall just being a jerk, all of them were. So if voting was a thing, trolls like this would join and over vote everyone (as they are in a group) and pick the most hated games of mineplex or just games that I hate. Yes I can kick them but they could get alts and keep on coming on my MPS over and over again.

To combat this I would say that you could only have voting in private MPS's or have voting a toggable thing that you could turn off or on.

If the ideas that I suggested are added then I'll give this a +1

-canqda

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  10. Hello,
    I would love to see game voting return to MPS. I always liked having that feature, as it is very useful for MPS Hosts to determine what game the most people want to play. Also, it can be very useful for content creators who stream. I see no reason why this shouldn't return, nor do I know why I was removed in the first place. I am going to give this a +1, thanks for suggesting this!

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  11. Would love to see it make a come back. As you said, it gives players a chance to get their game played. Especially in a large MPS environment. Not sure why it was removed, maybe it was a mistake or forgotten but I hope it does come back because it was a key part in an MPS

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  12. Holaaa!

I honestly really like this idea due to the fact it keeps everything organized in larger mps’. Since most popular MPS that average 40 players plus love to tend to the community and have them pick the game this feature would greatly affect the MPS process. Problems like auto-starting and people not knowing what to pick would be eliminated by this. Overall I would love to see this command back in the game.

~Jhazu

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  13. Hey,

I agree with this suggestion and feel it should be added.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  14. It's funny how I hadn't even thought about this until you pointed it out. This should definitely be added back to MPS and I don't see why it was removed to begin with. It's super nice to let players choose what they want to play rather than having one person controlling it.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  15. I’d love to see voting readded!

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  16. lol, I haven't had control over an MPS for a while didn't even know they removed it.
    I agree that this should be added back especially with Community Servers. It'd be nice to have a vote for the games.

+1
    Would love to see this back in-game.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  17. Hi there,

I agree with this feature being re-added to MPS' as it is a useful feature in the past and was frequently used. As others have said, I am sure this particular feature was forgotten about when the new queue system "Butch" was integrated.

+1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    xParadoxical_ likes this.
  18. Hey buddy,

I never thought about the absence of this feature until you mentioned it in this post. I definitely see a use for it, especially in larger MPS’s like you said. It would be great to see the return of this feature to MPS servers!
    Thanks for posting this so the community can discuss it and hopefully see it implemented soon.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  19. I wasn’t aware that the MPS voting system was removed. I agree with the return of the voting system and, I really want to see it back. The MPS host and Co-host will have the ability to start the vote for minigames from the player. Overall, I totally agree with your idea! +1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  20. I def think voting should be brought back in some form. +1 from me

Posted Aug 19, 2019