• 1856 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10294 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring back MPS game voting

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BBoy2003, Aug 14, 2019.

1. wrong thread ;D

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  2. I would defnintly see the benefits in bringing back player voting in an mps. Larger servers in particular to cause less hassle and stress when changing game. +1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  3. Hey,

I used to use this system all the time when I had MPSs, but when it was removed it was quite the bummer. I am not totally sure why it was removed in the first place, but now that the idea is up in the air again I agree with adding it back in. Introducing it again will help people who like hosting MPSs and want to make the majority of people in it happy. +1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  4. Hello there!
    I agree with you that voting should be brought back into MPS'. MPS voting was an ideal feature to have when you were hosting a non-white-listed server that is open to everyone on the server, as everyone wants different games most of the time, and that could make choosing a game difficult at times. With the voting feature, picking the game was smooth and efficient, and I believe it would be useful to have back. I do not remember for sure if what I am about to say was a thing before, but I think that another addition that could be added into the voting system in the future if it were to be brought back would be the ability to take games out of the voting area, so you can choose which games are able to be voted for. That way, you can avoid games that you otherwise wouldn't want being played in your MPS being voted on.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  5. Usually I don't play on MPS but I see how this idea could improve events and help streamers. I have no idea why they removed this feature as I can't see any downsides to it. Overall, it's something that I think would be worth adding back so I'm going to give +1

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  6. hiiiaaa!

I completely agree with you! When voting was around, it made ti extremely easy to pick the next game without worrying about having to deal with the chat spamming after asking which game people wanted to play next. Additionally,, there isn't anything bad that can come from this! If a player doesn't like the voting option, they can simply choose to not use it in their MPS. Its a win-win overall for everyone, in my opinion, and I'd love to see it make a return!

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  7. Hey!
    I agree that this should be added back. I feel that this feature was a huge help, not only for people hosting an MPS for fun, but also for official Mineplex Events and for content creators. As you mention, this would help the host know what their audience/players wanted to play most. Overall, huge +1 from me, I'd love to see this feature brought back.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  8. Back when I used to play in MPSs all of the time, I loved using the voting feature to help decide the next game and make game decisions a little more fair. Bringing this back would allow those that spend lots of time in MPSs to further enjoy the many features of them and allow streamers and YouTubers to have civilized voting without the chat being unnecessary flooded with which game players want to play next.
    +1

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  9. I agree so much. It's super nice when you can just chill and have people decide what game they want to play together. It adds a sort of importance to all the players and is just overall easier for MPS hosts to keep hosting and keep players happy. As also said, it's much better for CC's and ES/EA to keep their players happy and make things unique and interesting.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    xParadoxical_ likes this.
  10. I really wonder why this was removed in the first place, and I'm surprised I haven't noticed. I guess that's a byproduct of the event server being broken. Anyway, huge +1 for adding the feature back into the MPS. This was used all the time when we hosted events, and once we start up again, I'd like to have it available.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  11. I completely agree. It was a great feature and it made hosting MPS’s a lot easier. I’m not sure why it got removed in the first place but I think it definitely needs to be brought back. I think some more features to the /vote command would enhance it even more, such as voting on a select few games or giving you a list of all the games that everyone voted for. It’s a +1 from me

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  12. Why was it even removed in the first place? We will never know. I think the feature was a solid one to say the least. I heard it helped MPS hosts pick out games very easily, so I don't think that it would hurt to bring back at all. I'm all in favor for this! Maybe bringing it back with a sound cue could be cool as well.

Posted Sep 9, 2019
  13. I'd love to see it brought back and if there is a game that keeps getting voted, there can always be a rotation set up if they choose to play a variety of games instead of majority rules.

Posted Sep 9, 2019
  14. Hey!

I'm agreeing with everyone here - this should 100% be brought back for a multitude of reasons;

People who are advertising their MPS can have better interaction with the people in it, like Streamers! The players could have a say in what games they'd like to play by voting and it's honestly a really good system. I remember back when we used to always use /vote in EVENT-1 and it was a really good way for the community to have a say in what they wanted to play.

It was also a feature before as you know and there's no harm in bringing it back at all unless there's some internal issue. I'd love to see this return!

~Arjun

Posted Sep 10, 2019