• 1043 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7876 Players Online
  • 6833 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

bring back snowball powa

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by primitlve, May 14, 2021.

1. Alright, straight to the point no one takes kb on MP so frost kit is not that good rn so bringing back slowness 2, or nerf it to slowness 1 for a few seconds would make the kit much better since its supposed to be the best kit

Posted May 14, 2021
  2. Wish we had frost kit on bedrock, would give mobile players a chance because they cant speedbridge...

Posted May 14, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  3. In my opinion, slowness was removed for a reason and it should stay this way.
    Despite the fact that I have not been a Cake Wars player for long, I have seen what Slowness was like in different videos and I would not like to have it added again, simply because it would make the kit a lot stronger than the other kits, which should not be the case.
    Sure, Frosting is an achievement kit and it takes a while to achieve, however, the Slowness effect makes it way stronger than the other kits when it should not be.
    Current Frosting snowballs allow you to zone people, combo people (fighting someone with a rod or, in this case, snowballs, when you do not have such is a heavy disadvantage), snowball people off the bridges into the void and protect the cake in many different situations. If the Slowness effect is added back into the game it will give a massive advantage to the player using the kit in PVP situations too due to the FOV change that slowness causes.
    I do not think that Frosting needs to be changed at all and, in my opinion, it is one of the strongest kits as it is right now. Despite it being an achievement kit, the game should be somewhat balanced in the bigger picture when it comes to all kits, and adding this effect will, in my opinion, break the balance completely.
    Due to the reasons stated above, I am giving this idea a -1.
    Thank you for the suggestion though, keep in mind this is just my opinion and I might be wrong.

Posted May 14, 2021
    siee likes this.
  4. bro you know what's the issue with cakewars - its the amount of cheaters in the game

Posted May 14, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 14, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  5. The problem with the amount of cheaters is present on every single large Minecraft server and it exists in most of the communities, however, Mineplex is doing a great job at dealing with this problem as there are many ways to report people and have them punished accordingly.
    I will list you a few options to report a possible rule-breaker in case you were not aware of some of them, because it could prove to be useful in the future if you encounter a rule-breaker that you wish to report:
    - www.mineplex.com/reports - If you wish to submit a report using this link make sure to read the Mineplex Reporting Guide (that can be found at this link
    https://www.mineplex.com/report-guide/) in order to create the report in the best way possible.
    - Using the /report [player] [reason] command in game - This is mostly used for chat offences, however, it is also possible to report people for Cheating offenses and Gameplay offenses using this command.
    - Reporting players on the Official Mineplex Discord in the #report-players.
    * When it comes to closet cheaters, feel free to collect as much evidence as possible and include it in your report, afterward, the report will be forwarded to Quality Assurance for further review and the user will be punished if found guilty of breaking the rules.
    Calling players out publicly and accusing them of breaking the rules is not the right way to deal with this situation.
    If you assume that someone is cheating I suggest using one of the ways that I provided above to report the possible cheaters and have them punished accordingly.

Posted May 14, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 14, 2021
  6. Cheaters is on every game, but mineplex it KNOWN for their hackers by everyone i know. /report DOES NOT EXIST on bedrock and this is not under java so this is for both category's. Mineplex website is bad for many reasons, just read almost ANY of my posts and other's posts on the subject. There are hundreds of threads on the topic, go read one of them. We all know there will be hackers in the server, nothing is perfect. But cmon, i should not go into a game EXPECTING to fight at LEAST 2-3 hackers and 1 fly hacker per 5 or so games. THAT is not 'he problem with the amount of cheaters is present on every single large Minecraft server and it exists in most of the communities,' as you said above. Then, "however, Mineplex is doing a great job at dealing with this problem" Complete lies. As said above, /report does not exist, the website is garbage for this, and almost NOBODY can get enough evidence due to bedrock being CROSS PLATFORM. I have found calling players out is a great way to deal with it, it gets the rest of the game to team up on them and they quit. The game is kinda ruined after that, as teams have been formed, but the fly hacker is out of the game. I dont assume someone is cheating, i KNOW. they are FLYING. In conclusion, this is another spam post that solves nothing, as i said above go read some other posts and you will see the issues. I am sorry if i am rude, but i have seen this so many times i am done.
    Edit: oh yes i forgot discord. As many mods have told me before when i tried to bring up ideas, the player base are YOUNG. Most dont have discord. I dont have discord. So thats also not a valid point.

Posted May 15, 2021,
    Last edited May 15, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  7. Hihi! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and idea suggestion! Although I don't play much CakeWars, I wouldn't mind seeing a change in the Frosting Kit. When I do play, Frosting is usually my go to kit just because it serves as a tool to create separation between you and your opponent. (Like a rod) - Aside from the projectile knockback that the kit offers, I also agree that adding slowness would be a nice perk to see. At the very least, I could see slowness 1 being a balanced and nice addition to the kits overall features. Seeing how this is the achievement kit in CakeWars, I personally feel that buffing it slightly wouldn't be too much to ask. Great idea suggestion and I hope to see this implemented! +1

Although /report does not exist on Bedrock at this time, there are alternative ways to report players. However, I should note that the /report command is planned and should be added later in a future update.
    I'm sorry that you're experiencing a large amount of hackers in your gameplay experience...Rightfully so, I understand your frustration, and I do understand that at times, there is a possibility of having a couple hackers in one game lobby. We, as Bedrock Staff, do the very best we can to deal with rule breakers in-game whenever we can tend to the game. One thing that I ask you to please understand is that our number is significantly limited, and with the server being heavily populated, it makes it harder for us to cover ground. With that being said, we do appreciate all of the efforts made by the community to help report these players so an according punishment can be issued if necessary.

I'm not sure what relation /report has to the Website, as it's an in-game command, however, as I said above, the idea is planned and it should be added sometime within the future. In addition, if you have any website feedback you'd like to provide, you're more than welcome to in this Sub-Forum.

Although Bedrock is Cross-Platform, almost all devices have a recording software. (Some built in) - I understand that Bedrock can be laggy at times, making evidence hard to gather, but all together, it's not impossible. Unfortunately, at this time there are only a couple methods of reporting players on Bedrock.
    • Forum Report: You may gather evidence and make a player report here. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend reading over the Official Reporting Guide, as it covers everything you need to know to correctly and efficiently make a report on our forums, with the highest chance of it being accepted.
    • Discord Report: I know you said you didn't have discord, but if you have considered getting Discord, there's a reporting feature in our Community Discord. This is used quite frequently by Bedrock players who may not be able to gather evidence. You may use the #Report-Players Channel in the Mineplex Community Discord to report players, which will then create an open report. It will then be evaluated by a Bedrock Staff Member shortly after it's submitted.
    • Looking through a couple of lobbies to see if there's any available/online Staff Members moderating the lobbies
    Calling players out does not resolve the situation, and it should not be done. In addition, teaming is against our rules, and if found violating said rule, there will be consequences. Not even teaming on a cheater is an exception, as you are still breaking our rules. The appropriate way to deal with these players is to report them.

If you're referring to making Idea Suggestions, you don't necessarily need Discord to make idea suggestions. You're more than welcome to utilize the forums to create Idea Suggestion threads. Just be sure to post them in the appropriate Sub-Forum. Seeing how you're a Bedrock Player, you're more than welcome to post your idea suggestions in the Bedrock Ideas Sub-Forum. That section of the forums can be found here.

I ask that the discussion of this thread return to the original topic please, which was altering the frosting kit in CakeWars, not hackers. If you have any further questions and/or concerns, please feel free to contact me! Looking forward to what others may have to say in regards to this idea suggestion. c:

Posted May 15, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  8. Just because it is planed does not say when it will come, sorry if i am rude but i dont care if we get it in a year, i am fighting hackers now.
    This is true, there are a limited number of staff and such, i get that.
    They both report hackers, issue is one does not exits and we dont know when it will be added, the other is impossible in almost all situations as i have said in many of my other threads.
    As said, we cant really report them and at least the hackers leave and we get to play. If teaming on a hacker because we cant report without leaving, or going to a different devices is against the rules, ban me now, ive done this hundreds of times for 5 years i deserve it then.
    Alright ill stop replying to things like this lol.

Posted May 15, 2021
  9. its literally supposed to be stronger than all the other kits

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2021
  10. Exactly, and buffs aside it should be on bedrock.

Posted May 18, 2021
  11. Kits are meant to be balanced. Just because you have to complete all the achievements to get it doesn't mean it should be the objectively best kit. Kits should provide fair and different ways to play the game that are all equally valid and have their own strengths/weaknesses.

Posted May 19, 2021
    Fall and Paladise like this.