• 318 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6321 Players Online
  • 6003 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back special appeals or some exception for non hacking justified punishments

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by 2s0, Jun 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have gotten banned one time for hitting gwen on purpose when I was lagging and once for having an innapropriate name, now I'm perm banned and I can never play mineplex again. I'm not here to whine about this but I think there should be a way for me to get unbanned. I honestly don't really care about playing mineplex at this point but I would probably play clans if it ever resets. If they don't add any system to get unbanned after 2 justified punishments I don't personally care I just think it would be nice to get unbanned for to minor punishments that barely effect the server...

Posted Jun 7, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  2. If you break the rules, this is your own problem. The rules are pretty simple and easy to follow, if you're unable to use the multiple chances given to learn from your mistakes, then that's on you. Not the server.

Other servers give you 0 chances, we give people chances to change and learn from previous mistakes, 2 is plenty of chances.

You can review the rules @ https://mineplex.com/rules.

Posted Jun 7, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  3. Yeah, what he said. It was your choice to do that, and saying that they're 'justifiable doesn't really change it that much. You still broke the rules, and if you don't really care anymore, it doesn't really matter. Also, about the Java clan thing reset, don't worry; you'll probably have entirely lost interest by the time it comes out, from what I've herard.

Posted Jun 7, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  4. We aren't that mean for people that are perm banned/perm muted and have used all their appeals. FMs still make exceptions for those that have been perm banned/muted for a while and have used all their appeals. So, if you waited a while after your punishment and appealed, you may or may not get unbanned/unmuted still, but there are exceptions that they make case per case. You still have a chance by appealing is what I'm trying to say here. Just because the special appeal/3rd appeal is gone doesn't mean you 100% cannot get unpunished a 3rd time.

And no, we don't plan to bring back special appeals. I'll let a Forum Manager address this thread though in case I haven't said everything.

Posted Jun 7, 2021
    chhase and Amg like this.
  5. Yeah but hitting a gwen bot 2 years ago thinking its a player when the server lags is not my fault. Also you don't get banned on other servers for innapropriate names because mojang allows it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2021
  6. The first one is unfair. The second one, well, thats your fault.

Posted Jun 7, 2021
  7. Like I said in my appeal I really don't care anyways because the only game I've ever played hasn't been touched by a dev in over 2 years... I would love to play but I also have other games much more fun

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2021
  8. 1: good, then play those if you can't do mineplex
    2: yeah updates are kinda rare
    3: nevermind

Posted Jun 7, 2021
  9. As Marzie stated above, there are no plans to bring back special appeals or increase the number of justified appeals. In the past, special appeals encompassed both justified & compromised account appeals. At the same time that we removed special appeals, we also split compromised account appeals up from regular justified appeals. Before this, players were allotted to only three appeals total -- 2 justified appeals (whether that be regular punishments or compromised account punishments) and a special appeal. In October, this was changed so that each player would have 2 regular justified appeals and 3 compromised account appeals to use, which made things much easier for people who tend to have their account compromised more than once.

Along with our removal of the special appeal, we now allow certain exceptions if somebody has used both of their regular justified punishments appeals (so two appeals where the punishment is justified and the player is appealing it as so). If you have a permanent punishment that is approximately a year old and you have used both appeals, you may send in an appeal and the Forum Management team will review it for a possible exception. This new system that we implemented was done so partly because, once a player had used both of their regular appeals and their special appeal, we normally would not make any exceptions. With this new system, although we've done away with the special appeal, permanently punished players still have a chance at having their punishment pardoned after a certain amount of time (approx. 1 year). This was also done to deter players from breaking the rules seeing as they only have two chances (without the exception) to have their punishment(s) removed rather than three.

Overall, it's your account so it's your responsibility. If you choose the break the rules, the consequences are not anybody's fault but your own. Of course, you are always welcome to appeal any unjustified punishments, seeing as we have no limit on this (and we will check the sufficiency of any punishment claimed to be false).

As for the punishments that you've received -- hitting the GWEN entity intentionally is considered justified. It's unfortunate that you claimed to be lagging during this incident, but many players do hit this entity purposely in order to get banned so it's difficult to make exceptions for it. As for your inappropriate name ban, I know several other servers that ban for inappropriate usernames. "Mojang allowing them" is not any excuse to have some of the names that I've seen on Mineplex nor could we possibly allow any of the inappropriate names that people choose for their accounts.

TLDR - special appeals will not be coming back and if you're permanently punished for a justified punishment, exceptions can be made by the FM team after approximately 1 year of the punishment being active.

Posted Jun 8, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2021
    WowCaleb, 20LeeBrian1 and Amg like this.
  10. Sounds a lot like when I got indexed from clans for over a year… another terrible system that’s losing player count. I’m done with this server goodbye have fun with 500 players next year

Both of my justified bans are 2+ years old and aren’t cheating related… I can’t control a skin I put on 2 years ago

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 12, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  11. Thats only Java, Bedrock still has plenty of players to support the sever

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  12. That really doesn't relate to what I said at all.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2021
  13. I know mineplex usually doesn't accept any new ideas from players, especially since I'm making this idea because I'm banned for it but whatever,
    So basically currently my account is banned for inappropriate name. This is 100% my fault and I accept that. I thought I could easily just appeal that but wait, I've had 2 justified punishments removed in the past so I'm basically perm banned forever now? 1.5 years ago in december 2019 I got banned for intentionally hitting gwen, I got unbanned for this because I was begging staff to unban me for christmas and they knew I wasn't cheating since I recorded it. That ban shouldn't count towards it because you didn't have to unban me idk. Ok and my 1st justified ban was inappropriate skin over 3 years ago... How am I supposed to control what I've done 3 years ago. I want mineplex to change the criteria so that justified bans over 2 years old don't count towards the appeal.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2021
  14. Hi,
    Thanks for the new idea although I think this might be better on General Idea Discussion, or in a PM to an Appeals Team member. On the Appeals Guide (https://www.mineplex.com/appeal-guide/) it says:

"How many times can I appeal?
    You can appeal for 2 justified punishments. You will remain banned on your third justified punishment (compromised account, hacking, inappropriate name/cape/skin, etc). If you were falsely punished by our staff or anti-cheat, it will not count towards to the 2 appeal limit."

I have also seen staff say (and I'm paraphrasing) "...giving more than two chances before issuing a permanent ban is more than forgiving..." and I agree. You say you can't control what you did 2-3 years ago, but I think you could have. If you read the rules I think they are all pretty straightforward. I obviously can't speak for anyone on the Appeals Team, but I think that they might not trust you to not break the rules again. Also, I think it might be good to say that I have appealed a punishments that did not count towards the justified punishment limit, so not all appeals have to count towards that limit.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  15. This is completely your fault. You knew that hitting the anti-cheat would result in a punishment, and you did it anyway. Having said that, GWEN bans are not permanent so you did not have to appeal it but rather wait it out since the punishment was justified anyway. Staff would have only unbanned you if you had appealed and took responsibility for your actions, never because you were 'begging' them. It was your choice to do stuff which would result in a punishment, and it was your choice to use one of the appeals to have the punishment removed.
    Staff had to unban you if you appealed and your appeal met their private criteria.
    You cannot control it now but you could have controlled it back then. I am sure you were aware that having an inappropriate skin would result in a punishment, and you chose to put it on either way.

Having said this, I have seen in a thread recently that a staff member mentioned in these kinds of situations it doesn't have to mean you are banned forever with no chance of appealing. I am not sure what staff take into consideration when looking at appeals that exceed the allowed limit, however, I suggest creating an appeal (or more if needed, after the cooldown is up) and being honest in the appeal(s) and you might get unbanned at some point.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  16. Ok well then another player has quit mineplex because of issues.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2021
  17. Don't really see the point in cutting someone off from appealing again unless someone's repeatedly getting banned for the same offence in short succession (which is clearly not the case here). Seems a bit odd to essentially perm ban someone for a minor rule violation due to actions years in the past. System seems a bit wrong when someone stays banned for fairly minor offences when people (such as myself) got unbanned after hundreds to thousands of blatant hacking bans not even a year old.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and 2s0 like this.
  18. I've discussed this with the Forum Management team and we've come to the consensus that we will not be altering the appeal system at this time. As I've mentioned, our current system is where, if somebody has used both justified appeals, they can appeal a permanent punishment if it is at least 1 year old for a possible appeal exception. We feel that this is a generous exception and discourages rule breaking as a whole. While we may potentially re-visit this idea in the future for punishments much older than 2-3 years, this change has been denied for now. Seeing as the FM team has discussed this matter internally and come to an agreement on the final decision, I'm going to lock this thread. Any questions or concerns can be forwarded to the inbox of any Forum Management member (found at mineplex.com/staff).

Thread Locked | Idea Denied.

Posted Jun 13, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.