• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back the Strike-Games?

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by iZyxel, Jan 2, 2020.

?

Should the Strike-Games be brought back to Mineplex?

1. Yes! I would love to see and play it again.

83.3%
  2. No... I never really liked the game

16.7%
  1. Hi guys! I feel that the return of the Strike-Games would be great choice since it was really fun to see my two favorite games combine: Survival Games and Minestrike. I really enjoyed playing and would like to see it back on Mineplex.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    tk427 and capshups like this.
  2. Aha, I remember playing a version of this. Yeah, it didn't really work very well, the environment wasn't great and to be fair, to accommodate the weapons and grenades, you'd need more spacious maps and that's more work for the builders. That's if players want to play these games anyway. I mean this is played a lot on the Mineplex Event Server and maybe it could come to MPS, but I don't really see it becoming a feature live because of popularity and the environmental factors.

That's not to say that it'd be impossible, with some work, it could be made to play well and Minestrike features could be optimised for the Survival Games, I'd love to see something like that, think it'd be cool.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. I don't know about it being an actual game again, but it would be neat to see it from time to time as an event that shows up alongside SG (similar to how OP Bridges occasionally comes up, but without replacing the regular game because that's less than ideal).

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    ClassN and iZyxel like this.
  4. Haluan myös lakkopelin takaisin! oli niin hauskaa pelata ja nauttia siitä!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  5. I would prefer this game-mode to be at least in the MPS game picker. I remember having at least 200 hours in Strike-Games. It would be a nice for Mineplex to bring it back, but I have a hard time believing that they actually will bring it back due to them "working on higher priority projects."

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    ClassN and IsWater like this.
  6. Hey!
    I loved this game when it was a thing or when it returned just for a specific amount of time. I remember playing it for hours and never getting bored of it. I don't think it could work as a stand alone game though, due to the drop in players since it last returned and we also don't want the Sg community/Minestrike community splitting into 2 parts because this game returned and because then those games queues would take longer to fill. I think it would be a great addition to add to MPS's and allow players with an MPS to be able to play it again if possible.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  7. Bring back Battle Royale instead. It was the better game

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  8. Rodcad is right. Definitely don't bring back strike games not because it was not fun, but because there usually was only ever one game going on at a time. The game was really fun but not everyone wants to download a texture pack who is new to the server, also it did have some issues of camping, generally bad gameplay for the maps because they weren't designed specifically for Strike-games. So like machopiggies said it would take an extreme amount of effort to make maps for this game specifically. If you want a game similar to that look back to RodCad with the Battle Royale. Shoutout dutty for coming up with that idea I'm pretty sure, and Battle Royale should definitely come back for special events. Not in the Event-1 server, but an actual game you can earn gems, exp, and shards from but DON'T MAKE IT OVERPOWERED TO GRIND EXP AND GEMS!! Each game took around 20 minutes iirc so definitely boost the rewards to something higher than a game like cakewars but just be reasonable and ask GI members first.

Posted Jan 22, 2020
  9. It might need some changes, because the player cap was 70 for Battle Royale.

Posted Jan 23, 2020