• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

bring the sparkles back

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by StephenTries, Mar 8, 2019.

1. StephenTries

StephenTries

Hi everyone,

I'm assuming most of you reading this will remember back when the Mineplex forums were on Enjin? Therefore I'll assume that you'll remember the sparkles going around people's names if there were to posses tags that brought them on. For example;
    -Legend had green sparkles going around the lime green name of a player,
    -Titan had dark red sparkles going around the red name of a player,
    -SOTM and MOTM had red sparkles going around the name of the Staff/former Staff member.

Hopefully you can remember that, as I sadly do not have any screenshots of this in action. I thought they worked well for the tags, as it made the tags stand out more than they already did. I'm writing this thread today because I was browsing the forums earlier and I saw that Phamtastic had MOTM, yet I only knew that because I was looking at their tags (I was a bit bored in class and just looked at the tags people on the forums had haha). And I just think something like that should stand out more! He must have worked hard for it, so I believe it should be more noticeable than it is. At the moment it's quite a small icon in the tags section of a Staff member's.

I am unsure of the sparkles' cause of removal. Whether that be possible lag on the website, obnoxious appearance or just that maybe Xenforo doesn't allow it to be developed. I would like to see them make a comeback though, I really liked them. How about you? What are your thoughts?

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  2. xJon

xJon

I definitely agree that it made the tags stand out! I loved them, it added a sort of cool and unique touch to the forums. I am unsure why they were removed but maybe it was because mineplex made a whole new website? Whatever it was, hopefully they get added back in the future! +1

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  3. stryze

stryze

Glowing/sparkling tags are built in to Enjin's customization. Creating such tags on the old forums could easily be done in a few clicks.

I know nothing about the customization offered by Xenforo, but attempting to recreate the effect on this new site would require a lot more work (if even possible). Maybe instead they could add bigger tags for SOTM/MOTM ?

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  4. Zipppo

Zipppo

Hellooooo!
    So as this suggestion is website related I'll be moving it into the Website Feedback section of the forums. As for what I think about the idea, I really don't mind either way. The sparkles did look nice but I honestly forgot about them until now, I'm not against them coming back. The whole SOTM/MOTM tag is now a sub-team tag so that wouldn't be brought into it if it was implemented again. I have no idea about the development side of it, or if it's planned/could be brought back, the person to ask about that would probably be @Wanderer.

General Idea Discussion >> Website Feedback

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  5. BuySomeApples

BuySomeApples

If this was easily doable on Xenforo I'd be all for it. I personally found that the particles floating around people's names were very visually appealing, and added a nice touch to the website. However, if it's not possible or would take a lot of work I don't think it'd be worth the effort to add, when that time could be spent working on other things.

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  6. Wanderer

Wanderer

I don't think the visual overload of the sparkles on every other name fits with the current design of the site. The current design is aiming for a more simplified and clean look. As somebody mentioned above, the reason the sparkles were a thing on Enjin is because they were built in to Enjin.

As far as making them work on xenforo which is what we're currently running, well, yes, it's possible. We'd have to make a "sparkle system" from scratch, unlike Enjin where it was just a rank setup feature. It would certainly be something that could be made. One of the things I wouldn't do whatsoever, for the sake of convenience as well as visuals, is the sparkles of the reward tags.
    They looked bad, they were unnecessary and visually distracting similar to the "minitags" for these reward ranks, which is why you only see ONE main "minitag" showing on user's ranks now and the reward tags just being forum badges.

Posted Mar 9, 2019
    BuySomeApples, xUmbreon and Zipppo like this.
  7. darkmeen

darkmeen

I have to agree with Wandy here. The old sparkles didn't look too good and had no point to be honest. I think the new look it's pretty simple and clean and adding sparkles wouldn't fit very well.

Posted Mar 9, 2019