• 600 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8189 Players Online
  • 7589 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Bringing Back The Youtube

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, May 10, 2020.

?

Should Mineplex Bring Back The Youtube Channel?

1. Yes

95.7%
  2. No

4.3%
  1. Mineplex Games youtube channel has been unactive for awhile now. It used to have a lot of uploads ranging from different youtubers. This brought a lot of people's attention to Mineplex and got them to play. If Mineplex brought back the youtube channel and got a variety of youtubers, it could bring a lot of players to the server. The variety should range from people's interests. Not everyone wants to watch a very "family friendly" youtuber. What I mean by this is actually get someone who people want to watch and not just go for attracting younger audiences to the channel. It can be a mix of different interests. Personally, I don't watch minecraft on youtube, but I know many people do and having a variety could be good.

Posted May 10, 2020
  2. It may be a little hard with a majority of the original Mineplex youtubers gone. Like ParkerGames, Captain Sparklez, SamitoD, etc... They are mostly gone. I love the idea of bringing it back, we just need a newer YouTube group, along with another YouTube admin like SamitoD.

I do like the idea of some day bringing back the youtube channel! +1 from me.

Posted May 10, 2020
  3. I think it would be awesome to bring it back. As another thread suggested, it would be awesome with a bunch of smaller YouTubers and could raise the player count and help out some smaller YouTubers.

Posted May 10, 2020
    Adrenaline likes this.
  4. Need more replies.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 12, 2020
  5. Ye pls

Posted May 12, 2020
  6. Most of them aren't going to come back, SamitoD quit Minecraft altogether and plays Overwatch now as far as I know. Bringing back the youtube is easier said than done, they need YouTubers that actually want to play on the server first.

Posted May 12, 2020
  7. There is a lot YouTubers

Posted May 12, 2020
  8. I definitely think they should bring it back, I loved watching Mineplex Games. They could really bring more people to Mineplex with the channels return.

Posted May 12, 2020
  9. In my opinion, this is an excellent idea. This would encourage much smaller YouTubers who want to grow to grow, by giving these players an outlet. This would also, in my opinion, possibly bring back more players who stumble upon the channel. +1

Posted May 12, 2020
  10. it would be pretty cool if keemstar (from DramaAlert) hosted minecraft Monday’s on Mineplex. This would increase the player count significantly.

anyways back to topic. I would love to see Mineplex games start to upload again. I wouldn’t mind who ever uploaded.

Posted May 12, 2020
  11. I think seeing smaller YouTubers on this would be pretty cool though. Helps the creators, and it helps the server.

Posted May 12, 2020
  12. A lot of small YouTubers yes, smaller YouTubers that have gained their viewer base off of Mineplex. Advertising YouTubers that are already watched or known by most if not all of the Mineplex Community and no one else won't bring new players.

Help the server? No. Help the creators? Possibly

Posted May 12, 2020
  13. The chances someone joins the server over a Mineplex oriented youtube channel with a large amount of following already over a youtube channel that occasionally posts Mineplex videos is much greater. It is more likely somebody is going to get a Mineplex video in there recommended if there are videos being posted weekly.

Posted May 12, 2020
  14. Yeah sure, getting it in your recommended is all good, yet what do you think the likelihood of a person that isn't from Mineplex clicking on that video? Very low. Mineplex is widely known for a server that seems to be abandoned, the lack of updates and care from the Leadership team makes it that much harder for the content creators to grow.

Posted May 12, 2020
  15. I think even if the smaller youtubers are only community known as long as the mineplex channel is uploading consistently it will eventually be bringing in new players. It's not really a matter of who imo, it's really just a matter of putting content out there.

Posted May 12, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  16. It's been almost (if not over) 2 years since content has been put there, uploading is all good, but refer to the post I posted a few minutes ago, maintaining that and actually making people want to click on it isn't just a matter of what they post on there. The server's reputation has been destroyed, I won't give my personal opinion on who I think is at fault of that, but in order to fix that, they're going to have to do A LOT more than just posting content.

Posted May 12, 2020
  17. Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion! This idea has been approved in a similar thread found here. Due to this, this thread will be marked as processed, but will be left open for further discussion. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Idea Processed

Posted May 12, 2020
    Pakar likes this.
  18. I'm glad to see this taken into effect. Rather than just the Mineplex Games channel, I think Mineplex could use a community revive on youtube altogether, and the Mineplex Games channel could help start that. Mineplex doesn't really have a presence at all on youtube right now, and as Youtube is one of the primary ways servers grow, it would be beneficial for Mineplex to start branching out there.

Posted May 12, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  19. Tim, you are ex mod how you can make a thread on process

Posted May 13, 2020
  20. Posted May 13, 2020
    Paiynz likes this.