• 560 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7675 Players Online
  • 7115 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Bringing Back The Youtube

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, May 10, 2020.

?

Should Mineplex Bring Back The Youtube Channel?

1. Yes

95.7%
  2. No

4.3%
  1. This is an amazing idea. Barely any youtubers still play mineplex as stated before, this gives us something to watch that we would actually enjoy. I support this!

Posted May 13, 2020
  2. It’s because I’m on the Ideas Team :)

Posted May 13, 2020
  3. Why you resigned

Posted May 13, 2020
  4. W
    Wait when mineplex games channel gonna open?

Posted May 13, 2020
  5. I’ll PM you to prevent clogging up the thread, one second

Posted May 13, 2020
  6. Hey!

I think it's a no brainer to bring back the YouTube channel. This was simply a huge source for bringing people in the server. Newer players wanted to start playing Mineplex after seeing how much fun the games are, while returning players wanted to get on more to see themselves on camera or kill that one YouTuber while recording. Overall, it gets more people playing. Getting more people playing means growing as a community and growing in sales in the shop. I don't see any reason for Mineplex to not be uploading content right now, and I feel it's just hurting them by not doing so. There's so many content ideas that you don't necessarily have to be a "YouTuber" to upload, such as tutorials to games with normal b-roll content, and a voice over of the instructions of how to play the game, or videos on what's new in the game updates. I think the Social Media team should be paying attention to this more so than something like their Twitter, which clearly doesn't get as much engagement, traffic, or lead conversion as their YouTube channel does.

All in all, I'm confused as to why they haven't uploaded in so long, and it hurts to see how much opportunity they are missing out on by not uploading anything.

Posted May 13, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  7. +1, all you get now searching for Mineplex on youtube are videos about why mineplex is now dead.

Posted May 13, 2020
    Kugzer and CHRlSTlAN like this.
  8. How would it not help the server? It is essentially advertisement. Mineplex would be putting itself out there again for the world to see. Many players may get nostalgic and want to return, or, new players may be intrigued.

Posted May 13, 2020
    Kugzer likes this.
  9. Refer to my previous post. Yes, it would be advertisement you are correct, but advertising a community that already has an absolutely awful reputation won't do anything. Mineplex lost its reputation in late 2015/2016, which is when they started declining in players. Their lack of updates will mean that any new players they do get from the youtube advertisement probably won't last longer than a week if that.

Posted May 14, 2020
  10. I recently just saw a post stating that Mineplex should have a TikTok account. Youtube and TikTok are great ways to expand Mineplex's player base. Yes we may have lost a few youtubers but Mineplex can come back up, especially when adding new features, Mineplex can tell users through these social media platforms.

Posted May 14, 2020
    Kugzer likes this.
  11. I truly don't think so lol
    most mp youtubers are now doing other videogames, its not even about minecraft
    and especially as tiktok is another social media platform, let me tell you, a lot of posts talk about how mp used to be played back in the day so like people clearly hold it as a memory and not a present thing and some people want it to stay that way, there are a lot of ways mp has downgraded since the last time most people played so they dont want to encounter that and just leave a memory as was rather than ruin it if you get my drift bro
    we can be as positive and optimistic and hopeful as we want here but thats just the truth and unfortunately its not pleasing :(

Posted May 14, 2020
  12. The entire point would be to revise it, on a fresh slate.

Posted May 14, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  13. I really like the idea of this, it's another underrated form of marketing on social media. I'm not sure if any other servers have done this before, but doing something different could be worth a try. Do you know any other servers who are advertising or putting out content on TikTok? I would like to see some examples of the types of content that works.

Posted May 14, 2020
  14. Starting the youtube channel on a fresh state doesn't make the Mineplex Community reputation any better. The server is currently known for its lack of content updates (Not talking the youtube content, I mean in-game content) and their toxic community. If there's one thing Mineplex need to change, it's their lack of developers and updates that they're pushing out to the community. Most of the games have become dry with their lack of content updates and when these games do get updated, they go back to being dead after around 2 weeks to a month because it just becomes boring again. Mineplex doesn't need to revise and refresh their youtube channel, they need to hire more devs and actually push good content to the community they have left.

Posted May 14, 2020
  15. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that when the dev team split, it impacted the server in a negative way. However, rather than just staying where it is, without YouTube, without new games, without new games being revived, once the YouTube starts again. It will provide a fresh slate for Mineplex to rebrand itself again which will be essential to returning to its former glory.

Posted May 14, 2020
  16. Without old*

Posted May 14, 2020
  17. They are not going to be able to do much about those issues without added income that could/needs to come from more players, unless they extremely downsize to a few games. Imo while it is a hindrance that Mineplex's reputation has fallen to such a point, advertising quality gameplay can overcome that. Having minimal updates and advertisement is certainly better than having minimal updates and no advertisement like we have now.

Posted May 14, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  18. I really can't think of an example, but hey! Who says they need to be the first. Mineplex can be specifically special in its shape or form. And, if something like TikTok or Youtube doesn't go as planned, they can shut it down. All Mineplex has to do is try something new...

Posted May 14, 2020
  19. The developer team never actually split, they hired new Developers for Bedrock, none of the current bedrock developers have ever been java developers. One of them (OneThousand) helps out here and there on java as far as I know, but I don't think any of them have ever been specifically focused on java. The reason they have so little developers is because so many of their developers quit, and they're not keeping up with the demand by hiring more.

Okay, so say the advertisement brings in new players. These new players, they see that the server is extremely toxic and barely updates their games at all, what are they going to do? Oh yeah, they're going to leave the server and go somewhere else because they don't want to play on a server that has a terrible community and a lack of content updates. I'm going to assume they make more than enough money from the bedrock marketplace (Considering that's their most active point of income) to be able to hire more developers. Money isn't the issue here, it's the leadership/lack of actually trying to hire developers. The last time I actually saw them publicly introduce/announce that they were still looking for developers was for the anti-cheat, and then ToonBasic arrived and then left shortly after, they have since removed the anti-cheat developer position from their jobs page, and as far as I'm aware they haven't accepted a new developer in over a year. As I said, income isn't an issue here, I believe it may be the leadership.

Posted May 14, 2020
  20. Just because the community is toxic does not guarantee that they are going to leave immediately, and by doing this YouTube thing, starting the channel, would give Mineplex a new slate.

Posted May 14, 2020