• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Builder Vs. III (Turf Wars)

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by beanowonotanuwu, Jan 2, 2020.

1. My Builder kit idea differs from other approaches in a way that focuses on more than one central aspect of Turf Wars. In Turf Wars, there are several fundamental aspects of gameplay. Wool Placement, Wool Destruction, and Kills. Marksmen and Infiltrator address the KIlls aspect, and Shredder addresses the Wool Destruction aspect. However, no such kit addresses Wool Placement, which is where I come in. I do not only intend on my Builder Kit to discuss Wool Placement but Wool Destruction as Well. This kit would fit the spot for an Achievement kit in Turf Wars.

Please Note: My kit will take features from other games and implement them into Turf Wars.

Kit Title: Builder

Kit abilities: The Builder Kit's blocks will cap off at 64 Blocks. The kit will gain blocks at a rate of 1 block per 3 seconds.

Please Note: Every current kit in Turf Wars gains blocks at a rate of 1 Block per 4.0 seconds. My proposed Builder kit would increase blocks at a rate of 1 Blocks per 2.0 seconds.

Another feature of this kit would be the ability to earn 1 block from destroying 1 block (These values are subject to significant changes). The kit would also receive Wool Walls similar to the same ones found in Cake Wars. These Wool Walls will cap off at 3 per Builder.

Additionally, Wool Walls require a casting time and, in a fast-paced game like Turf Wars, you could be dead before your Wool Wall generates. That is why I am updating Wool Walls, in Turf Wars, to be instant. Sort of like Knighted Platforms. An infinite wool wall block icon shall appear in the player's inventory and shall have infinite uses; however, the Wool Wall takes blocks from your inventory and uses those blocks to create the Wool Wall.

The Trade-Off: Obviously, this kit should not contain the exact same properties found in other kits; especially properties located in Marksmen. That is why the arrow generation on this kit is limited to 1 arrow per 5 seconds. The Builder may have up to 1 arrow at one point in time and the Builder's arrows move 15% slower than the other kits. This provides a mix between Infiltrator and Marksman. If multiple Builders are on a team, speed benefits do not stack.

Another massive trade-off lies in Building Time.

Here is the current information on Building Time.

Start of Game: Each player receives 64 Wool Blocks. I propose the Builder kit to receive half of that, 32 Wool Blocks. Start Of Game Building Time lasts 40 seconds.

Regular Building Time: Builder Kit shall receive 20 blocks of wool.

Overall, this kit borrows concepts from other kits; other games and makes it work. The kit would be a well-deserving Achievement kit to fit the everlasting thirst for something, something new to Turf Wars besides an occasional map. The kit would have a high skill ceiling similar to the Sniper kit from Super Paintball. If you have mastered the kit, then you can single-handedly win a game. Also, the kit requires skill to play; however, it does not require you to be an expert at the Builder kit for one to be adequate with it.

Please feel free to reply; all feedback is appreciated.

Posted Jan 2, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 2, 2020
    FluteVegetables and _Prof_ like this.
  2. Honestly even with the arrows being slower this kit is very over powered, first off the speed thinf shouldn't be added. It would be really op and just isnt necessary and it also dosnt fit the theme of the builder kit. The also I think you should have a perminante wool wall generator, and it takes blocks from your current amount. I also think breaking wool blocks and getting more is op to so I think the kit should be this:

Builder: gains wool at a rate of 1 block every 3 seconds
    Has a deploy plateform in hotbar which has infinate uses and takes blocks from your existing store of blocks
    Gains 1 arrow every 5 seconds
    earns 1 block for every kill you get you can hold a maximum of 64 blocks

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  3. I like your thinking. Use resources as your budget and you can only use certain abilities if you have the resources.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 2, 2020
  4. I like your thinking! This is a unique kit in terms of playstyle from the others as it has moderately differing stats and the game has 4 or 5 (do not remember which) achievements, meeting the requirements for a kit to be earned from completing them. I would like for the builder to receive 1 block every 3.0s, 2.0s can flood the slot quickly, leading to many being wasted.

The wool walls should be canned, however. You mentioned that the kit takes skill to use and if a builder is about to get hit, wool walls will save them. I find this too cheap since you can already manually build a wall by spamming blocks from its fast regeneration rate.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 2, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 24, 2020
    beanowonotanuwu likes this.
  5. First off, thank you for your feedback. My idea for this kit is for it to take a different kind of skill than the type you're describing. I would like the kit to take management of resources type of skill rather than an accuracy dependent one. I'm not sure if the if wool walls is the best plan.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 2, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Hey!
    I actually do like this idea for the most part and I think Turf Wars does need another kit added and this could be that kit. The first thing I would change though is I would keep the gaining a block/second still at 4 seconds, maybe 3 if that. I think if we increased it anymore then this kits ability of unlimited wool walls would become overpowered very quickly and even kits who gain arrows fast wouldn't gain them at a fast enough rate to counter all the wool walls you could place.

Speaking of the wool wall ability I do not think this should have unlimited uses because then it's over powered drastically compared to other kits. It's overpowered then because even shredder who receives arrows that shred through wool wouldn't receive arrows as fast as you could place wool walls, especially since you suggested taking away the delayed placement. I think maybe 7 wool wall placements per life would be a good number because then you would still have enough to create a solid defense. If we made the wool walls unlimited uses then I would suggest adding in the delayed placement effect so it's not overpowered. Overall it's a pretty nice idea and I would love to see it in the game with some tweaks here and there!

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. I mean no disprespect but a builder kit is the last thing Turf wars needs right now, the game is already filled with block placing, to a point where you cant play the game. I respect wanting to create something new but this is not it

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    Worpp likes this.
  8. would be cool if the kit gave you some "reinforced wool" (i.e clay) that took 2 arrows to break instead of one

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  9. I don't like the idea of this kit to be honest. The blocks of other kits are already enough, and a builder kit would end up stalling the game for a very long time.

My main concern is the instant wall ability. That will make the game painfully slow, requiring many team members to have to switch to shredder kit, leaving little kill potential in my opinion. I think that says enough right there, the kit promotes lots of stalling, and it will be tough to counter.

I do like your thinking of the nerfs you have given the kit. Although it sounds rather ironic, you gave the kit a rather hard time to gather blocks. It's an interesting concept.

Overall, it's really tough to assess the kit. Its uniqueness is what makes it difficult, so who knows, this may just be the kit we need to change things up in turf! You have some good thinking, my friend

Posted Feb 7, 2020
    Korben likes this.