• 1805 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1805 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake eaten kills (part 2 a year later)

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Emuky, Jun 9, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last time I posted something like this, I don't think the staff that responded even read what I said in a very detailed way. In cake wars, when someone falls of an edge and their cake is eaten RIGHT before they hit the void, the person that ate the cake gets the kill. This makes sense, right? But what I don't think makes sense is whenever YOU hit someone off the edge, someone eats the cake, then gets credit for YOUR kill. This is pretty minor, but it does happen in a lot of cases. I think this is unfair as, you do all of the damage, yet the person who gets the cake gets the kill (of course when they fall off the edge). I'm fairly sure that it only happens when you don't hit the person after the cake is eaten. This is all is kind of hard to explain, but I hope the message was clear. Cake eaten kills are good, but I don't think stealing kills unintentionally through eating a cake shouldn't be a part of the game...

Posted Jun 9, 2020
  2. Hey there! I think that this can definitely be altered with no trouble. Maybe only give the kill to the player who eats the cake if someone hasn't attacked the victim within the last few minutes? Other than that small change, this is a good idea!

Posted Jun 9, 2020
  3. I totally agree. It's so annoying when you finally get the kill then it is stolen by someone who just ate the cake. This seems like a nice little change, and not too hard to change.
    Overall, I give this idea a +1

Posted Jun 9, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  4. This idea sounds pretty fair to me, too! I think that the reason kills are credited to the Cake Eater is because if someone just jumps in the void, or types /hub, the kill is still credited.

+1 from me for sure!

Posted Jun 9, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  5. Yes, @jis is correct. If you hub or disconnect once the cake is eaten (and you do not take any PVP damage) the person who ate the cake will receive the kill. I don’t see a problem with adding this.

Posted Jun 9, 2020
  6. This is definitely a +1 for me. I can see why it'd be frustrating to have kills misattributed, especially if you're going for something like the achievement kit or grinding exp. It seems like a relatively small change, but as someone who is the one eating the cake while my teammates fight, I don't want to steal a kill that absolutely deserves to be theirs, and I know my lovely more PvP skilled friends are probably annoyed when this happens to them.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  7. Honestly I agree, I don’t think there people should get credit for other people’s kills just because they ate the cake, that doesn’t really make sense. It’s a small QOL change but I definitely would like to see it implemented.
    If it were to change, it might be possible that the killed by cake eaten feature would have to be removed all together, which honestly I wouldn’t mind seeing either. If someone falls into the void and the game says they were killed by the person who ate the cake, they still didn’t really get the kill either.
    Nice idea overall.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
    BlazingLucario likes this.
  8. This seems like a simple enough chnage for the staff to make. +1 for me.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
  9. Heyo!

Thank you for the thread!

Unfortunately, GI has denied this idea with the following reasoning:
    • The current system that we have right now works fine. It can be annoying when your teammate "steals" your kills because of them eating the cake, but overall it isn't that big of a deal, especially given how prominent kill stealing is in general. What is in place now works really well already and changing it is both a hassle and unnecessary.
    Given this, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thanks again for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.