• 1210 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6529 Players Online
  • 5319 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Cake Wars Achievement Kit

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by daddymg, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

As of now, I think that the Cake Wars achievement kit, Frosting. This kit is way to over powered. When I get hit with one of these snowballs I simply cannot land a shot anymore, there is no counter to this kit, and it is truly unbeatable. A good nerf for this kit could be slowness I instead of slowness II, this would allow the player that gets hit to actually land a shot on the opponent. Maybe make the times different, instead getting a snowball every six seconds, maybe it could be every fifteen seconds. Finally, you can reduce the amount of snowballs in your inventory. You could change it to a maximum of one or two snowballs. These are my ideas for nerfing this kit. Overall, my ideas or not, this kit needs a nerf.

Please leave your thought below.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
    Padba likes this.
  2. I disagree. You say there is no counter and the kit is "truly unbeatable", but this is just false. Bowing, strafing, block placing, suffocating with deploy platforms, and going in with a teammate (it is a team game, after all) are each viable tactics to counter the kit. The kit just isn't as OP as many people think it is. I honestly just suggest playing more and improving your pvp skills if you want to have an easier time against the kit.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  3. This has been discussed many times in previous threads, but I'm pretty sure GI has been talking about a possible nerf for Frosting [keep in mind it's already been nerfed before].

Honestly, while I do see your point of view and wouldn't mind if it had a slight nerf, there are ways to counter Frosting in the case you encounter someone with it. It's used as an advantage in 1v1 situations, so instead of charging directly at the person, use a different approach / strategy or go in with a teammate. Because it is the achievement kit, I understand why it has the slight upper hand and taking away certain parts of the kit could possibly result being counterproductive since it'll start chipping away from what the kit was originally intended to be. I don't think it's as unbalanced as everyone claims it to be, you just have to change the way you play against someone with Frosting.

Posted Mar 4, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 4, 2019
  4. I as well agree that frosting is way overpowered. I got it like 2 weeks ago and ever since no one has been able to kill me besides other people who have frosting. When I didn't have all the achievements, it was always so hard and frustrating to kill people with frosting because of the combos you can easily get. I agree that is too overpowered and deserves a nerf, and this is coming from a frosting user as well.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  5. Heya!

I'm pretty sure that GI already have some plans going on about nerfing the kit, but it won't be a huge change (as I've heard many times). However, I personally can't agree with most of these nerfs because that will just make the kit a bit useless. Giving players less snowballs instead of making them weaker is just going to be annoying for players who use the kit, but players who won't use it would get a bigger advantage. Only thing that there's to do is change the slowness time, which GI has in plans.
    I think these ideas won't really help; however, frosting kit definitely needs a nerf since people have been complaining it's too overpowered.

Teodora / Tea

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  6. Froster doesn't need a nerf. Several people who have froster I've seen get strafed by people who don't.

Posted Mar 8, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  7. The occasional person whos actually good at pvp or high level closet hackers. hmmm

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  8. not true but ok

This is killing the frosting kit. 15 seconds is longer than you think on Minecraft, and the slowness is fine as it is. The slowness time nerf, planned by GI, is 2.5 seconds --> 2 seconds.

Posted Mar 8, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  9. Lol frosting made me quit cw, I really agree it neeeds a nerf but I feel slowness 1, 7-8 seconds and same amount would be fine for it

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  10. @ppancake
    Now it's going down to two seconds?!?!
    I remember when it was three.

Posted Mar 9, 2019
  11. Hey!

Sorry for the late reply!

Just wanted to take the time to let you know that slowness has been removed from frosting kit in a Cake Wars update from earlier this year, which has done a fairly good job at nerfing the kit as a whole!

As such, I will be marking this as Implemented as well as locking this thread.

Thank you for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Aug 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.