• 492 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4529 Players Online
  • 4037 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Bedrock: QoL Suggestions mega thread

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by IWantACookiieee, Feb 2, 2021.

?

Should those suggestions get added?

1. All of them

83.3%
  2. Only a few of them

16.7%
  3. None of them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Over the past few months, I have made multiple suggestions for Cake Wars Bedrock. It has came to the point that I cannot bump those old threads so I came up with a good idea, to put them all in one place. I'll only mention the best suggestions I made that are not processed here.

1: Team eliminated in chat
    The suggestion adds a message in chat with a sound showing that a team is eliminated to make everyone aware of it
    [​IMG]

2: Show in chat who ate your cake
    A great change to show which player ate your cake. It is present in Java Cake Wars, so why not bring it to Bedrock?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3: Change the default cake island to a cake
    The default island right now is a random floating island which can easily blend in the environment in maps like Woodland Grove (Duos), changing it to a Cake like in Java will make it easier to find due to it standing out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4: Make it harder/impossible to hide in shops
    Right now, a player can be annoying/harder to kill by hiding in shops. The counter for it is to shoot them with a bow. There are 2 ways to combat this: Add barriers inside the shop NPC or make the shop damage the enemy if they are standing inside it.

5: Change Pink team's blocks from Magenta to Pink
    A small QoL change, makes it stand out from Purple. The red circle is the wrong color in the picture
    [​IMG]

6: Change shop sounds to match Java edition
    Since shop NPCs are being changed to a custom NPC, it would make sense to replace the villager sounds in my opinion.

7: Change the description at the start of the game to match Java edition
    The game isn't explained properly especially to a new player, changing it will make it clearer for them. Top image is from Bedrock and the bottom from Java.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8: Notify your team when a team mate buys a trap.
    It would be useful so it is easier for your team to know if your cake has a trap on it. Currently, you can tell if your cake has a trap is if the TNT trap is not in the shop.

9: Add "You can no longer respawn" to Cake Eaten on screen message
    It can remind the team that lost their cake to not die or they'll lose the game.
    [​IMG]

10: In most maps, change the light blue blocks in Blue base to dark blue
    Sometimes it can cause confusion since light blue is not a team on Bedrock, we have dark blue. Red circle is wrong color. Green circle is correct color
    [​IMG]

Do you agree with those QoL changes? If you agree with some suggestions, comment which ones you agree with

Posted Feb 2, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 3, 2021
    ReJo, 510bike, Whuddlestone and 7 others like this.
  2. Hey! all of these ideas are fantastic and I believe should be implemented. The only thing I'm worried about is the cake eaten message. It might induce targeting of a certain team. Other than that, fantastic ideas!

Posted Feb 2, 2021
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  3. I don't tend to play Cakewars that much, (I usually play it when I'm in a party with some friends) but looking over all of these ideas, I think they could really give a good benefit of making cakewars better with just some small fixes. I couldn't agree more with #5 on the list. Overall I would love to see all of these ideas being implemented!

Posted Feb 2, 2021
    Ryan9116 and IWantACookiieee like this.
  4. The cake islands are the best. I liked that one the most!

Posted Feb 2, 2021
  5. Great ideas dude this will attract more players to CakeWars and make sure the OGs stay around too. Let's hope to see that great "Processed" tag on this thread soon. =)

Posted Feb 2, 2021
  6. I only agree with # 3 and 7.

Posted Feb 2, 2021
  7. I liked all of the topics, i think they're all nice.

Posted Feb 2, 2021
  8. Hello! I have seen many of your threads on these ideas but never got a chance to reply. So, here are my opinions on your ideas :)

1: Team eliminated in chat
    Definitely this needs to be added. It makes it easier for people to see how the game is progressing, and what teams people need to worry about. +1

2: Show in chat who ate your cake
    I feel neutral about this idea, +-0

3: Change the default cake island to a cake
    Definitely this would make it easier! +1

4: Make it harder/impossible to hide in shops
    This can be really annoying, and doing this will help to kill people easier who delay the game by camping in there. +1

5: Change Pink team's blocks from Magenta to Pink
    I feel neutral about this idea, but I can see how this can help. +0.5

6: Change shop sounds to match Java edition
    I don't really know much about these new NPC's, but I can see how this would make sense. +1

7: Change the description at the start of the game to match Java edition
    Definitely, as it guides newer players and there is no harm in doing so. +1

8: Notify your team when a team mate buys a trap.
    I agree with this, as traps are something shared among your team. +1

9: Add "You can no longer respawn" to Cake Eaten on screen message
    Again, great to guide newer players. +1

10: In most maps, change the light blue blocks in Blue base to dark blue wool
    I don't think this should change, and it doesn't really bother me, so I'm neutral to this, so +-0. Also love red's hackusations lol

I like most of your ideas and can see how these can help to benefit players on Mineplex and guide newer players. Overall, great work on these ideas :)

Posted Feb 2, 2021
    Ryan9116, IWantACookiieee and yvuggu like this.
  9. I think most of these ideas would be good. I don’t play cake wars often but they don’t seem bad.

Posted Feb 2, 2021
  10. bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  11. bump 2

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 24, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  12. The current system works quite well and it would really be your fault if you didn't know that red team had no players left because it shows. So not neccesary because this wouldn't really solve any problems: it's just the same thing(basically).

Maybe... +0.25. Split on this.

Don't see why not!

Definitely not damage though, because sometimes there are teammates blocking the shop and you have to go inside/very close. Again, split on this as it's kind of a strategy but kind of not when you're completely abusing it like I've seen on maps like Azienda Bedrock. +0.25.

Sure.

Sure as well.

Like it!

Definitely!

Already a thing.

Ok.

So I agree with most of them.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    CursedPvPYT likes this.