• 1020 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6607 Players Online
  • 5587 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Idea

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by pxssxmxstic, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Hi,
    I really enjoy playing Cake Wars, but its currently a bit dull, and I think it would be a fun idea to add some new things, such as New blast-proof blocks, Water Buckets, an Automatic bridge, a Cake wars game with only two teams of 6 vs 6, A new building block, And I think it would also be nice to add more kits. I think any of these suggestions would improve the game a little
    Thank you, Pxssxmxstic

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    allegient™ and LegendSavedXmas like this.
  2. Interesting suggestions. I'm not a particularly avid player of Cake Wars, but I think I can give some feedback nonetheless.

Blast-proof blocks are already somewhat present in the game - Polly the sheep only has a low chance of breaking any obsidian blocks, so it would be a bit of a redundant feature in the game.

Water buckets aren't really necessary because the vertical aspect of the game usually isn't important, as you can fall from almost any height and survive the damage. Most of the time, fall damage is a negligible factor.

Automatic bridges would certainly work if they costed emeralds (meaning one cannot get them at the very start and rush other teams immediately). Again, they are somewhat redundant to building platforms, but if you are running away from someone, you can't allow yourself to place them in order to escape.

Adding another gamemode would probably not be met with success due to it splitting the playerbase - which has been an issue with many other games in the past - but it's a pretty interesting idea for a limited time kind of event. For example, if it's only playable on some weekends. It would be challenging to make successful attacks across the map, so in that scenario, I'd propose a map reduction with the distances being much closer, and with there only being the middle island and two to four side beacons alongside the team islands. A challenging idea, but I would say it's possible, and would certainly be much different from what the players are used to.

There are already numerous building blocks that require different tools to break efficiently, so I don't think another one is necessary.

And finally, I would actually be pretty happy to see kits that would replace Warrior and Archer. They aren't used very often and don't provide the same tactical advantages like Builder and Snowball despite the buffs in an update earlier this year. It would be pretty nice to have another major strategical kit, although I cannot think of any off the top of my head right now. Possibly a kit that receives one ender pearl every minute?

Anyhow, there are good suggestions in here and I'm looking forward to them being discussed.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    LegendSavedXmas and OrangeyCob like this.
  3. Hey there!

The user above pretty much summarized what I was going to say. There already is a slime trap which you can buy for 16 emeralds, and it basically protects the cake from Polly the Sheep blasts in a 5 block radius.

As for the water buckets, I don't really see it being added for the same reasons stated above. The amount of fall damage in this game is not that significant, unless there is a TNT trap that causes someone who is already kind of low to hit the ground and die ig. I feel as if pearl clutching is already something that you can do to prevent that, and is a better alternative to a game like Cakewars.

For the addition of a new gamemode, I would rather see SOLO CAKEWARS added instead of a 6v6 since it would be a fast paced game, and a great alternative when players do not have a party or just want to play alone. Ik people are going to say "Play skywars instead", but it is just a completely different feeling playing a game like Cakewars.

Lastly, I agree with the addition of new kits. If it is possible, could you elaborate on that because the game is pretty much dominated by the builder and frosting kit xD

Thank you for ideas, and I wish you a wonderful day/night :)

Posted Nov 27, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 27, 2020