• 2254 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4338 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion cake wars kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by FirebornthePro, Oct 21, 2019.

?

Pick the one you would want

1. add kit as is

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. add kit tweaked

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. dont add this kit

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  1. I would add the kit of defender for 5000 gems
    gains regen, streingth, and resistance 1 when within 8 blocks of cake (disables if cake eaten or rotted)

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  2. Heyo,

I don't think this kit would fit well into cake wars as it's ability is only activated within a certain area, but within that certain area, it is overpowered. It also becomes a completely useless late game kit since it gets disabled after cake rot/cake being eaten. The type of buffs that it has makes you unkillable if you get good armor and would be hard to overcome for players trying to eat your cake. My suggestion to improve it would have it gain resistance 1 for a few seconds on your island and beacons that you control. I don't think it would work in general, but that's how I would improve it personally. Thanks for sharing your idea with us though!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  3. Hello!
    Adding this kit would be so powerful in Cake Wars. Especially with the effects you added to it. I would highly recommend not adding any effects to the kit you're suggesting to add, as it will cause many problems to other players while trying to eat cake/break blocks.
    Try to explain more about your kit suggestion and make it detailed, so it will be easier for others to agree with you. Also, try to think about what the kit you're suggesting may include and how would it affect on others with their gameplay.

Good luck with future suggestions! :)

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  4. My initial thoughts, as the others have said, is that this kit seems really OP compared to the other kits. Adding Regen, strength, and resistance all in one would make the gameplay very imbalanced. I can just imagine a full diamond defending their cake against attackers, and this kit would be able to withstand lots of hits. Which means that it would cause way too many problems, and games could go on for ages (until cake rot). How can you improve? Well, I think that strength should be removed entirely, as it would probably be overpowered in terms of attack damage (especially if the team has sharpness). After all, the kit is called 'defender', so it should be able to tank hits.

Also as Augend said, there's no use to the kit once your cake is eaten/rotted. So if your cake is eaten very quickly, there's literally nothing this kit could offer. Overall, I really don't see this working out and it wouldn't really fit cake wars. Thank you for your idea.

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  5. Hey.

I think that this kit is too overpowered. Even though it's in a certain area, it will be almost impossible to kill the player when this is enabled. If you and your teammates know how to defend (which many players know), you wouldn't die immediately if your cake was eaten, so it would be a little bit unnecessary to have something like this. It wouldn't work out that good in this game.

So I'll give this a -1

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  6. Hi,

In my opinion, Cake Wars is one of the games that it's fine as it is. It's awesome that you're suggesting something new but I don't think this is the correct game. Cake Wars is one of Mineplex most popular games and adding a kit like this would be a risk and could create a lot of controversy between the players.

Now let's talk about the kit. It is overpowered. The idea is a good one, you're onto something but the way you're suggesting this kit is too much. Maybe have it nerfed down and it could work. Anyways, I still hold my opinion that this game mode shall not be touch.

Have a good day,
    Flame

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  7. Hey there!

Unfortunately, my opinion is the same as many others’ here, which is that the kit is overpowered. Not only that, I see some other major problems with it. Since the kit only pertains to that one specific area, the kit is practically useless in any other area which means that player who uses it cannot do anything but defend.

Also, I see the kit as majorly overpowered. Considering all the different effects you said should be applied to the kit I can see that it would be near impossible for anyone to even fight the person with the kit. That being said, that makes this person a legendary defender and it’s the same as trying to fight someone that has full diamond and protection 2 with only a wood sword, and if you play cakewars you know that usually doesn’t go well.

Because of these reasons, this is a -1 from me.

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  8. Hey!

I think it would be nice to see Cake Wars get some new kits added to it, however I'm going to have to agree with the majority of the other people here and say that the kit you've suggested sounds really overpowered. Strength, regen and resistance seems extremely powerful, even if it is only active in the radius that you've mentioned. It would make it extremely difficult if not impossible for other players to eat your cake if the majority of your team chose this kit and then stayed at spawn, which is what I assume most people would do as this kit has no other advantages outside of the spawn location. This would mean that cake rot would be one of the only ways to beat a team using this kit which would make games drag on for far too long. For all those reasons, I'm going to have to give this idea a -1

Keep the suggestions coming though!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  9. Let’s be real, who would want to stand next to a cake for the entire game...?

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  10. Heyo!

I don't think this kit would work very well. In my opinion, it is way overpowered and I think the current kits we have wouldn't really work well with this one. As people have said above it is pointless in even having the regen and resistance abilities when your cake is disabled as that is the most important time. I'd improve by adding some more information to this kit, how you would go about using it, cooldowns anything like that. But I really don't see this being implemented due to it being a little overpowered and it being useless when your cake has been eaten. Thanks for suggesting but it's a -1 from me!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  11. maybey just 1 of the buffs would work?
    --- Post updated ---
    me, adding more endstone/obby

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2019
  12. Hey!

I'm not 100% opposed to this idea, however, I do believe that a few changes would have to made in order for this kit to be a good fit into the game. For starters, the initial reaction I got was that the kit seems extremely overpowered. Adding such a powerful kit could break the synergy of the game. In addition, games where there is a team with more than one defender could cause game lengths to be increased dramatically. As brought up before, Cake Wars is the most popular game on the server right now, and the game is already great as it is. What I feel makes every kit viable is that they can be used in many situations. This means both offensively and defensively. With the defender, there isn't any benefit to ever leave your cake. Overall, I do see potential for a kit being added that is more on the defensive side. However, there are a lot of changes necessary to make this kit balanced and overall a good addition to the games synergy. :)

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  13. Hey!
    Yes, I agree with this post and I also give this a -1! Sorry to let you down on this one.

Have a good day!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  14. Hey,

I don't really see much of a point for this kit. There are already multiple kits that can do very well being a defender and having this kit would just result in games going on for longer. I usually rush other cakes but if an entire team had defender and knew how to use teamwork, it would be way too overpowered.

Warrior is already way underpowered in my view, and to have such uneven kits in the selection process would be crazy to me. There are plenty of alternatives you can use to defend against other people's attacks, and using a frosting kit to slow the player down, a builder kit to prevent another player from going further, or even just using the current warrior kit could accomplish defending. There is no need for a kit that gives about such amazing perks. Teams of players who use exclusively warrior would dominate the game, and I don't see any other kit being able to counter it except for POSSIBLY frosting. -1

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  15. Hello!
    in my opinion this kit should be nerfed. If you have just resistance I your almost invincible and if you have regeneration and strength then the other team is doomed. Also it has no abilities when not near the cake so I’ll be giving this idea a -1.

Posted Oct 26, 2019