• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7152 Players Online
  • 4262 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake wars new mode ideas.

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Karrrrl124, Aug 14, 2020.

?

Which ideas did you like?

1. All of em

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

2 vote(s)
    66.7%

1 vote(s)
    33.3%

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. New Cake Wars Ideas

I think we all know that Cake wars gets a bit boring for a lot of people who might not be that good or for people who don't really enjoy getting completely destroyed by a 4 stack of level 100s in pubs. Which is why I propose 2 new modes of Cake Wars, and a couple of ideas, to replace Cake Wars standard.

Idea #1 Cakewars Freelance
    ---------------------------
    Don't have a party? No problem! Play cakewars with completely random teammates! However, to ensure that no complete "noobs" join into the game, there could be a level 15+ requirement, which really isn't that hard to achieve. The main idea about "Freelance," though, is that you would not be able to be in a party to play it. Cross teaming would be more punishable in freelance, and a lot more people would be happy. The idea of freelance is that maybe if you like your teammates, you could hop in a game of Cake Wars Ranked.

Idea #2 Cakewars Ranked
    Do have a party? But is cakewars getting too easy? Then play cakewars ranked! Ranked cakewars would be cake wars in the form it is played in CWCL. There could be ranked duos, which would be 2v2v2v2 on a cake wars standard map with all of the islands, and there could be ranked quads, which would be a 4v4 on 2 of the random islands on a cake wars standards map. The 2 islands for both teams of 4 could be on the sides of each other, or they could be directly accross from each other. It would be pretty much random. But there would also be an ELO system each week or month for ranked CW. I think weekly would be better, but thats up to GI. At the beginning of the week everybodies' ELO would be reset to 0. Over the week games played and won would raise elo, and games lost would lower ELO. You would play games matched with other parties with a similar ELO average to the ELO average of your party. ELO week would be once or twice per month, giving teams time to improve before they play ranked.

Idea #3 Cake Wars Regular
    Cake wars standard, play with random teams, play against parties if you want. I'm guessing this would still have most of the player count?? Not sure.

Idea #4 Pre-Created Chat messages
    ----------------------------------
    I think being muted sucks. I know this has been denied in the past, but I think for a ranked environment, it should be allowed. There should be a couple of messages you should be able to say, that could be decided by GIs. Here are the messages I think would be reasonable to implement. I think each muted user should be able to use about 6-7 of these messages, as commands. Obviously they need to be reworded, but I think it's a good idea.

Incoming!
    Pool on Gen
    I'll stay, you stack
    Rush sides
    Stack me
    Buy Resource Gen
    Buy Sharpness
    Buy Protection
    Buy Haste
    Come help at base!
    Lets Rush (opposite team)
    I'll defend
    Go to middle
    Go to emerald beacons
    Good game
    Discord?

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Breezer42 likes this.
  2. yo,
    Thanks for making this idea, it's cool you took the time to make this. Heres my opinion:

Idea 1: You can already queue with random teammates, and I think the level 15 requirement is a bit much. There could be a dude who is level 1 that plays better than a level 80 - level isn't everything. This could also drive new players away from this game mode in the future.

Idea 2: This is an interesting idea, the idea that Cake Wars could have a ranked mode is pretty interesting. I think this is a pretty good idea if used in a tournament-style possibly hosted by the Events Squad.

Idea 3: Yea, this is the basic Cake Wars. Many people would be playing this, as they are used to the normal idea of Cake Wars and enjoy it.

Idea 4: Players are muted for a reason. I don't think it's a good idea to give players who were punished for making someone's day worse, a way to "bypass" the system without actually bypassing it. If you want to be able to talk, just follow the rules.

As a conclusion, I think that the ranked idea you have is pretty cool! Good idea.
    ~~

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Karrrrl124 likes this.
  3. A level 15 requirement isn't that bad. It could be a 15 win requirement, which again, isn't that hefty, but the main goal of the level requirement is
    A. Guarding against hackers
    B. Preventing people from getting completely incompetent teammates, which is really annoying.

Yeah, ok, but many players, especially more experienced ones are often muted for large sums of time, 30-60+ days. Just "following the rules" isn't really something that is completely straightforward, because a lot of the time, mute reasons aren't completely straightforward. It shouldn't be a problem if people have messages they can just say which obviously don't violate any of the rules. There would be cooldowns too, so the messages couldn't be spammed, but having chat/ways to communicate is HUGE.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2020
  4. As its been stated a few times, (In other posts) in a way its the players own fault if they get a 30-60+ day mute, as the mutes stack in punishment time. Also if the players think they were muted unfairly, they can always write an appeal. I don't think players should be able to talk at all if they are muted, as that doesn't really teach them a lesson.

As for the rest of your ideas, like andr3w said, rank isn't everything and some low level players could be better then the high level players. (Same thing with the 15 win option) These players could be people from hypixel, or alts of the high level accounts. Or they could be hackers, or new players, theres really no way to know until the game starts, so I think the level requirement is a bit much.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the way that cake wars is now, but I do think the ranked option could be a cool feature.

Thanks for writing all this, good luck on your idea!

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  5. If these players are better than the high level players, spending an hour getting to 15 wins really isn't much. If these people can't get those 15 wins/levels, then maybe freelance/ranked isn't for them. There needs to be a dedication barrier and hackers are still a big problem in these games. I promise you, a 15 win requirement is not much.

OP OP
  6. So, not gonna lie, I am a bit confused why freelanced is in discussion right now. I just pulled up your stats, and it says you have 2 levels of xp, and 0/0 cake wars wins. Unless this is an alt account? If it is I apologize- but I am genuinely confused right now.
    The player may not technically be better then the tryhards, (but still good at the game) so if they get put in a game with tryhards it will be nearly impossible for them to win, making those 15 wins pretty hard to get. If the player truly is better then the tryhards- then I agree, 15 wins shouldn't be hard for them to get, but we shouldn't just assume these things because we really never know. The 15 levels of xp would be easier, but as mentioned before, levels aren't everything.
    Also, what I'm understanding is that freelanced would be to minimize the amount of hackers, correct?
    Well, if that's the case, (Again, sorry If I'm misunderstanding here) I just wanna point out theres a lot of closet hackers who are over the level 15, and if a hacker can play enough cake wars games without getting caught- well, that's easy 15 games/levels right there, (assuming they don't already have them) so hackers could still, very easily, get into freelanced. This goes for the bhoppers/fly hackers as well, tho those hacks are much easier to catch-but unfortunately that's not always the case.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  7. Definitely an alt account. I'm more experienced in CW than a lot of people, and my KDR and win percentage are probably exponentially higher than yours. Here you are contradicting yourself because you've previously said that players with low stats might be better than players with high stats, but now you are using you rank and level against me. Now that I check your stats I see that you have a 30 win percentage and a .43 KDR. And you're talking about stats?
    Who said they were getting in games with tryhards? The whole point is to steer the tryhards towards ranked, steer the friendless towards freelance, and keep everyone in the middle playing casual. 15 wins might be hard for you to get, but again that is the time you are going to need to input if you want to play freelance/ranked which I'm going to safely assume that you won't.
    No. Freelanced is to make the people who complain about large parties dominating games happy. Closet hackers are a problem you can't solve. They could allow screenshares in ranked, but Mineplex doesn't do that. That is in any game, and closet hackers aren't completely invincible, unlike blatant hackers. I'd say 9/10 of the blatant cheaters in my lobbies get banned. 15 games of hacking is not something you're going to be able to do, I would know.

OP OP
  8. This is exactly what I mean. Players get muted for their own fault - for ruining the game for others, and giving them a way out by somehow communicating doesn't teach them anything.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  9. I didn't mean to start an argument about stats, I was just confused why you're making such a strong argument about 15 wins when you don't even have 15 on this alt. I'm sorry that I made it seem like I was starting an argument, however. And I don't understand what you mean by "contradicting" because from my view that's not happening.
    As I stated, freelance won't make all the tryhards switch over. Tryhards like to get into parties with other tryhards, and making freelance will not solve that issue, especially if parties are not allowed. Therefore, even with freelance added, tryhards will still play casual.
    Yeah, it really doesnt make sense as to why they would be given special permissions

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  10. Freelance isn't for tryhards... What do you not understand about the idea

OP OP
  11. Sorry I guess I just truly don't understand

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Karrrrl124 likes this.