• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6555 Players Online
  • 3665 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Return Function

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Mathuu, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I like this idea! I think there being a limited amount of times is pointless. I think that is would just be better if for an example.
    Buys 16 wool for 3 bricks
    Didn't mean to so they return it and get back 2 bricks

That's what I think would be best IMO.

Posted May 13, 2020
    Mathuu likes this.
  2. Really great idea, I can't tell you how many times my clumsiness took over in Cake Wars. ):

I think the cooldown of 10-15 seconds is a great way to prevent players from abusing the command, I also like how about only 66% of what you spent is returned. I think the amount of times that you can use this should be lowered a bit, to maybe like 2-3, because I haven't ever experienced a game in which I misclicked 3 or 4 times.

Great idea overall! +1

Posted May 13, 2020
    Mathuu likes this.
  3. I agree. The return price should be 2/3 of the original price.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 13, 2020
    Infui and Brayyyden like this.
  4. I do like the concept of the idea but I would add that on return you only get back 80% of what the cost was this way players can not use this to their advantage to much. Buying the wrong thing on accident is a part of the game and sometimes you just have to live with it. I did this myself in a game not to long ago and as it can be a little frustrating it I is only a minor set back. If this was added I would not give a full return price as limiting the ability to return certain items would cause it to be really complex. If players were able to return all items at a reduced or pre-set cost it could add an extra element of play to the game that could be really fun.

Posted May 13, 2020
    Mathuu likes this.
  5. Heyo!

I love this idea, I think a return function would be very nice for the times when you accidentally buy the wrong thing or when you and your teammate buys endstone or something along the lines of that, and now you have wasted your resources. I also like that you can't just use it a bunch of times or spam it, as that will balance it out a bit more to not make the function too overpowered. Overall great idea!

+1

Posted May 13, 2020
    Mathuu likes this.
  6. Hey!

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, this idea has been denied by GI for the following reasons:

• Would change gameplay too much - is extremely overpowered to be able to return things. If you bought something, used it, and then returned it, you would technically have a never ending supply of resources.
    • Unnecessary - if you make a purchasing mistake that is the player's fault, and a reimbursement system isn't needed to solve player error. We do have ideas regarding confirmation for shop purchases in discussion.
    Overall, due to this reasoning, I will be marking this thread as not planned as well as locking this post.

Thank you for taking the time to create this thread.

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Mathuu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.