• 574 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9012 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Solo Mode! Let's make it happen Mineplex!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by NaomiCampbell, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should Mineplex implement a Solo Mode to their popular game Cake Wars?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAKE WARS SOLO MODE.

Personally, I'm someone who likes to work on my own when it comes to competitive games. Having a teammate or teammates means having to worry about other players and what they're doing, sometimes dealing with more than one player in combat when i'm by myself, dealing with some teammates hogging items and using those items to benefit themselves rather than the rest of the team. It gets annoying at times and it sometimes doesn't motivate me to want to play the game. I enjoy Cake Wars with or without Solo-Mode however some people may have a different perspective on it.

What could be so wrong with adding a Solo game-mode to the game Cake Wars? There's two other game-modes with those being Duos & Quadruples. I think we could do with a solo-mode because as most games on Mineplex theres a solo mode of each one.

So, If you feel that Cake Wars should have a Solo Game-Mode, respond to the poll with "Yes"! If you don't think that Mineplex needs to add a Solo Game-Mode to the game Cake Wars, feel free to respond to the poll with "No" and leave a response as to why not.

Signing off, NaomiCampbell.

Follow my profile for clear skin xoxo.

[​IMG]

Posted Aug 28, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 28, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  2. Hey! While I also want a solo mode for cake-wars this topic was already brought up and denied because of the game being team based and it would discourage teamwork. Therefore the ganemode is meant to be played in a team more than solo.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    rockie777 and NaomiCampbell like this.
  3. I'd love to see Cake Wars as a solo mode but unfortunately this has been declined in the past because Mineplex states that they don't want to split up the playerbase of Cake Wars.

Have a good day!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    NaomiCampbell likes this.
  4. Does not surprise me at all that this topic has been brought up in the past as Cake Wars stands as one of the most popular games on Mineplex at this very moment. However, I think that since it has been requested once before, the more that the platform recommends a solo-mode the less likely Mineplex will be hesitant towards implementing this idea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 28, 2019
  5. This suggestion has actually been made many times. I think if we did eventually add another mode for Cake Wars that this would be the way to go. However, I just don't see that as a feasible possibility with the lack of consistent players on our network at the moment. I believe it would take a decent increase in player activity to make the game worth implementing. We've said plenty of times that we don't want to split up the community into three different game modes, but with more players, it would make this idea more beneficial to our players instead of causing less players across all game modes and making players wait longer for games to start.

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  6. im gonna be honest, i think implementing a new cw gamemode such as solos would bring a lot of old and new players to the server

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  7. As @_H2O said, the player base is not consistent enough for Cake Wars to have three separate game modes. To add to this, adding another mode will increase search times and make joining full games a lot less likely.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  8. Remember weekend brawls?

What if we did that with this idea. Test it out in the form of a weekend brawl or some other limited-time event.

I'd be more than happy to try it out

I relate to this so much. I've been in standard with 3 teammates who I know, and one random person who steals every single item, just trying to get stuff for themselves.

If we can't get a solo mode, at least fix this issue.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  9. I don’t agree with this because cakewars is a team based game and we don’t want mineplex copying other servers. There are a lot potential problems with this. The first one being cross teaming, I’m going to assume there’s 8-10 cakes (1 per person) and people are bound to team with each other. It happens enough in duos and I think it would be worse in solos. The second issue Is that the maps would have to be huge. Not this is mainly a bedrock issue because people can sprint or jump bridge, rushing would be extremely easy (11 bricks=32 wool, iron sword). For people who PVP extremely well or are okay at it, rushing is going to be super easy. I don’t see this being a java issue because you can’t really “speed bridge” on java as far as I know. I also think they should worry about the existing bugs on regular cakewars. Adding solos would be more for the devs to fix if there’s a really big bug (not sure if that the technical term).
    Overall all, I give this a -1

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  10. As he said, Cake Wars is a team based game. And Mineplex copying other servers = Fines/Sues. So I agree with Vegetables, There should not be a solo cakewars.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  11. This is such a simple idea, I wouldn't even count it as copying.

But let's say this is copying -- what's the issue? Ideas are not protected by copyright or patents.

You could make your own version of minecraft, 100% legally. You just have to not use any assets from the original game, that being textures, sound, code or trademarks.

The textures, sound and code are protected by copyright. But the idea of a 3D sandbox game is not.

The exact same logic applies to server's minigames: they follow the same law.

I honestly can't remember seeing any crossteamers in duos. I've also played a solo version of a similar game, and this doesn't seem to be an issue at all.

People who are better at the game can easily beat others? Big news. Where's the issue?

If you're not good at pvp and wouldn't enjoy solo because of that, well, don't play it.

You can speed bridge on java, but it requires technical skill. It's certainly not the same as auto-bridging on bedrock.

No..? You could just do it with existing duos maps, and have 8 people.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  12. Hello, thank you for your suggestion!
    Cake Wars solo has been suggested a lot and denied by Leadership team. There's a similar thread here about that, and @nolawn did a great job in explaining it so going to quote his reply.

Basically the reasoning behind it is it would split up the Cake Wars community even further, which is something we do not want. Because of this I'll be denying this idea as it's not currently planned. Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns!
    Thread locked - not planned.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    nolawn and SpookVegetables like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.