• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8494 Players Online
  • 5604 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Stats

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ImJoshing, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Hey!

I don't know if this idea has been posed before, but I wanted to suggest this just in case. When you type /stats and hover over the cake, it only shows your Cake Wars standard wins. You have to click on the cake itself and then hover over the book to view your duos stats. This is also the case with Survival Games and Survival Games teams. I think it would be more convenient to display the wins a player has in both versions of the game mode when the icon is hovered over. Let me know your thoughts below.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    Snowing_ likes this.
  2. Great idea! As I play cake wars duos a lot, it would be very helpful to see my stats without looking at my stats profile on the forums. Maybe clicking on the cakewars icon in the /stats menu would bring up the duos or standard selection? All in all, I've thought about this idea but didn't care that much and never posted about it. +1 from me

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    ImJoshing likes this.
  3. Personally, I don't really see this being necessary in the /stats GUI. It shows the amount of wins you have in the main game, as that's what most players generally play. For example, CW4 tends to have more people playing than CW2, same goes for SG and SG2, and so on. I guess it wouldn't be any harm in adding another statistic underneath for the other games, but it's only a click away at that point so it's not fully needed.

Maybe as a small QoL update in the future this could be introduced, but I think there are other things to prioritize before adding this.

+0.5

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    Truthhs and christxqn like this.
  4. I agree with idcmax in that there are definitely things that should be prioritized before this is potentially implemented. Further, I feel like by having both stats side-by-side could potentially clutter the stats GUI unnecessarily. However, I can see some other potential solutions that could be added in the future. Having some way to toggle which one displays automatically within the stats GUI or having the gamemode with more wins display would be interesting, though, as stated, is not necessarily the best use of developer time. Overall it's a +-0 from me.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  5. Whilst yes that is true for CW, as far as I'm aware there's usually more people playing Teams SG & Teams SW than the solo version of the game. Games are still played in solo, but the team version can be/is a lot more popular generally.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  6. Hey!
    I personally love this idea and have thought the same thing a few times when looking at my stats. I am definitely more of a Cake Wars duos fan, so all of my stats are really in that game mode rather than the standard mode. I do play standard as well certain nights when I'm in parties so I definitely do have stats there but like I said, my main stats are in duos which is why I am all for this idea.
    However, I personally don't think that when you hover over the cake, it should be two columns of each game mode's stats because it would make it a bit cluttered I think. My suggestion would be to have your stats in each game mode combined and then you can click the cake and hover over the book to see which stats are where. This is definitely not something that needs to be added anytime soon, just because I think there are more important adjustments and fixes but, I would really like to see it implemented sometime in the future.
    I personally would just like to see this added so I could get a full look at all my stats combined without doing the math myself and so that other's could see as well. I know that a lot of players tend to look at other's stats and judge them based off of what they see when they hover over the cake and I don't think that's necessarily fair because no one ever thinks to check duos mode and this idea would prevent that, showing the players skill in each game modes not just one that they don't play often.

I also wanted to add onto this because even though there are generally more players in the standard(CW)/solo(SG) game modes, a lot of players, like myself, do main the duos game modes more then the regular ones so I don't see how it's fair to these players that their stats are displayed firstly of a game mode they don't play as much.
    +1 idea

Posted Jul 7, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 7, 2020
  7. Hello!

In the last year, I have created an idea thread regarding how stats menu can be overhauled which you can find here and there I have brought a way how that issue mentioned on this thread can be resolved. So, for all games which have 2 modes, I have suggested displaying the amount of the total wins from both modes on the main page of stats menu when you will hover a game and it will look like that:
    [​IMG]
    (It still contains old achievements as I was doing that more than a year ago)

I feel this way which I've suggested on my stats update thread about how it can be implemented probably the best in such situation. We also can display wins and looses separately on the main stats page when you hover on a game but I don't think it as a good variant and showing total wins is better.

It's not something which should be implemented now within the current so old stats menu but it can be good to see when revamping of stats menu will be planned to be implemented. Overall, I will give +1 to that idea as it's something which I have suggested myself a year ago, so I want to see be implemented in the future when there will be a Developerment time for that. Thanks for suggesting that!

Posted Jul 7, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ [MaybeTay] likes this.
  8. I definitely think this is a good idea, however definitely one that shouldn't be prioritized. Even so, it's a nice little QoL change that I think people would like. It would definitely provide a more accurate representation of how many Cake Wars wins someone has, instead of just showing how many standard wins there are. I definitely would appreciate being able to see how many total Cake Wars wins I have without having to do the math.

+1, great idea!

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  9. Yo!!

Thank you for your suggestion, I personally don't mind this being added. It can be a little frustrating navigating through specific gamemodes like Cakewars, Survival Games, etc. Having to click through all the stats can be confusing as well as time-consuming. As Evgeen has mentioned I really love what he has to offer with his post. The format of the GUI is very appealing to me and is organized in a way that all players whether experienced or not can access. Overall, I will be giving this post a +1 and I hope to see some sort of GUI update in the near future!!

Posted Jul 9, 2020